Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I feel like if I saw Turbo Kid in HS or college then it would be one of my favorites, but for some reason I've become really critical of these types of movies lately. I couldn't enjoy Mandy or Spring as much as I feel like I would have 10 years ago and it pisses me off. I really want to love these movies, but I end up deleting them and not caring.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Were the over the top 80s movies a big part of your childhood? That's why I love them. They are throwbacks to that era. Turbo Kid is a perfect example of how ridiculous the 80s were, on purpose. Michael Ironside is the bad guy. He's a bonafide A list great actor. I hate saying shit like this but it's one of those movies that was made for people "to get". It was very specific and I think it accomplished it's objective in marvelous fashion.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
got to Apostle.
8/10. pretty solid.
taken meets Wickerman. 1905 edition.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Watched The Endless today.

Very solid 8/10. I really wanted to give it more but I also really wanted to like it better than I did. Don't get me wrong, it is fantastic, but it is a sci-fi movie and not the Lovecraftian horro masterpiece I was hoping it to be. Resolution was actually a much creepier movie than The Endless turned out to be. I know some people like a lot of mystery in their movies, but I particularly liked how it filled in a lot of unexplained holes from Resolution without being overboard about it.

I just finished them back-to-back and really enjoyed both. Agree with most of what you said. Resolution was a different sorta tone but Endless felt great and they gave you enough information about what was going on that it didn’t treat you stupid. Pretty crazy what they did with those two movies in what I assume is a shoestring budget.

• 3Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kurt Russell As Santa On Netflix : Instant Christmas classic. Did not expect that. Such flow. 7/10

Ninjago on HBO : What hot garbage. It was fucking terrible. an insult. 2/10

Oldbased

> Than U
I finally got to see Pacific Rim Uprising. I actually had to go to IMDB and make sure it wasn't a low budget knockoff that some cheap studios do.
How in the actual tranny fuck did they fuck it up that fucking bad? Did Scream write it or something? For someone who loved where the original went despite the flaws, I had to fucking FORCE myself to watch the sequel. I cannot remember the last time I was so bored with a movie and for someone who watches Prime shit movies nonstop, that is fucking saying something. Holy fuck it was bad. .00000000000000000000000000001/10

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
I just finished them back-to-back and really enjoyed both. Agree with most of what you said. Resolution was a different sorta tone but Endless felt great and they gave you enough information about what was going on that it didn’t treat you stupid. Pretty crazy what they did with those two movies in what I assume is a shoestring budget.
Watched Resolution back when it came out and really liked it but completely forgot it's name until i randomly watched it after picking up a Shudder subscription. Still really liked it, really well made and interesting concept that I hadn't seen done before. Had Amazon recommend The Endless and I bought it during a slow weekend after only reading the synopsis and not even paying attention to the director. Total mind fuck when things started to happen in that movie without spoiling anything, probably one of my favorite movie watching experiences.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Doom feat. Skinny Rock. 4/10 - campy good.

Kevin Hart with CGI Rock in buddy comedy 2/10

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Watched Birdman last night - its just been added to Netflix here.

9/10 - just astonishing achievement to actually make this film and have it work. FYI if you didn't know it's done as if a single continuous camera shot, with a few time lapses (day into night), in other places you can guess where other edits were likely put in, but whatever. Importantly it works!

Every actor in it is fantastic, and everything just felt right.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Finally watched District 9 last night. No idea what took so long, just never got around to it. Shit was crazy though. In one sense I’m glad to have seen it now in the midst of mass migration to have a little more context, on the other hand no idea what my response to the movie would have been in a vacuum. And with the other recent SA stories. But I’m pretty sure there was a good movie in there. Combining the docudrama stuff while breaking out of it and then some heavy action sequences. It all kind of worked. Maybe that is why I skipped it bc the fake documentary stuff turned me off there for a while. Movie was nothing like what I expected but really enjoyed it.

• 1Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Finally watched District 9 last night. No idea what took so long, just never got around to it. Shit was crazy though. In one sense I’m glad to have seen it now in the midst of mass migration to have a little more context, on the other hand no idea what my response to the movie would have been in a vacuum. And with the other recent SA stories. But I’m pretty sure there was a good movie in there. Combining the docudrama stuff while breaking out of it and then some heavy action sequences. It all kind of worked. Maybe that is why I skipped it bc the fake documentary stuff turned me off there for a while. Movie was nothing like what I expected but really enjoyed it.

You should check out Alien and Terminator 2 too.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I dunjo. I hated d9. The cgi was amazing, the story was insulting and infantile. Outside of the cgi there was one good scene in the entire thing.

The c gi really was amazing though. It probably even holds up. And the one scene of the dude being tortured, that felt honest. The rest felt like it came out of the " how to get nominated for an oscar" book. It was just so obvious. THe only thing worse than crass emotional manipulation is the failed attempt of it.

been watching those bb c blue planet documentaries. If you're in the mood for a nature doc, I doubt your find much better.

Last edited:
  • 1Seriously?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
John Carpenter’s The Thing with Kurt Russell commentary.

10/10 perfect in every way.

Set design
Sound
Acting
Plot

Stands the test of time

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Son of a Gun with Ewan McGregor. Action. Some cool scenes. Felt low budget, but I liked it. 6/10

Watership Down limited series on Netflix. It resonated with me. I recommend. 7/10

Infinity War even better than I remembered. 9/10
Black Panther better than I remembered 8/10

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I recently re-watched Captain America - Winter Soldier.

Also better than I remembered. The action sequences really good!

It's probably the best MCU movie, I think due to it not having to be either a origins story or having to feature multiple big name heroes in it.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
A Simple Favor - Lively & Kendrick, movie starts and seems incredibly simple and is clever enough to pivot, and stay entertaining. An aware enough movie that it doesn't take itself too seriously on the back half. 7/10

A Quiet Place - Still a masterpiece, made the family watch it over Christmas. 9.5/10

Mission: Impossible - Fallout - Very consistent action, and great set pieces. One of the better "action movies" I've ever seen. 8.75/10

• 2Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bird Box is basically a SyFy Steven King movie. Lost style tree knocking never explained monster with zero closure. 5/10

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Free Solo - 8/10. This was playing at my local AMC theaters this week in IMAX and while I am not really much of a outdoors kinda guy - the movie is about a dude who "Free solos" or climbs mountain faces without any ropes, i didn't even know thats what it meant - I thought I'd check it out with my A-List.

Really enjoyed it, its not so much about the "sport" but more honestly about what it means to be a man and how much work it takes to be really good at something. Taking up challenges that don't really make much sense, relationships, etc. The dude is a total sperglord asshole but its just an interesting movie. Only about 100 mins so not very long, totally worth it in IMAX if you can but sadly today is the last day its playing in IMAX theaters I think. Definitely worth a watch at home.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Hot tub time Machine 2 - 1/10

Good god this movie was bad. I really liked the first one, but this one yikes. I was super shocked to find out it was the same writing and directing team.

What was odd was that they were using the same 'bag of tricks' that worked well in the first film. But it just was a hamfisted mess.