Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Catching up on movies carried by Crave that I have not seen, so I have watched a ton lately. I also have a busy, complex life, so in my dotage I find myself incapable of drumming up the energy to watch anything deep or complex - I don't care to watch a deep retrospective about two gay cowboys struggling to come to grips with their true identities and how love conquers all boundaries all that. So these are popcorn flix.

Wonderwoman - Was entertaining until the end: 6/10

Rampage - I am also a sucker for The Rock (nohomo), this was actually entertaining: 7/10

Dunkirk - very well made movie. Slow but entrancing. Not enough female representation (bahahahaha): 8/10

Mummy - What can I say, Cruise can still carry a terrible movie. I wish this would have been better, the Dark Universe could have been a cool deal: 5/10

12 Strong - Was patriotically eyerolling in places, but Hemsworth is a good leading man: 6/10

Last edited:

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Catching up on movies carried by Crave that I have not seen, so I have watched a ton lately. I also have a busy, complex life, so in my dotage I find myself incapable of drumming up the energy to watch anything deep or complex - I don't care to watch a deep retrospective about two gay cowboys struggling to come to grips with their true identities and how love conquers all boundaries all that. So most of these are popcorn flix.

Justice League - I was prepared to be disappointed but was marginally entertained. I would have given it about a 6/10 but the retarded decision to CGI Superman's beard away takes a full point off. Who the fuck decided this, and will they ever work again? 5/10

Wonderwoman - Was entertaining until the end: 6/10

The Dark Tower - I thought it was okay but it ended too abruptly: 5.5/10

Sicario - Day of the Soldado - You can tell it is not the same director, but I am a sucker for Benicio: 5/10

Rampage - I am also a sucker for The Rock (nohomo), this was actually entertaining: 7/10

Split - It was all right, McAvoy elevated it slightly beyond mediocrity: 6/10

Pacific Rim Uprising: Better than I expected, but I expected a 2/10. Not enough Kaiju, poor screen chemistry all around: 5/10

Ready Player One - Bollox. I watched it all, because it was a VERY well made movie, but it was nostalgia pandering garbage: 3/10

John Wick 2 - a pale shadow of the first. Keanu is great, the story is shit: 6/10

Dunkirk - very well made movie. Slow but entrancing. Not enough female representation (bahahahaha): 8/10

Mummy - What can I say, Cruise can still carry a terrible movie. I wish this would have been better, the Dark Universe could have been a cool deal: 5/10

12 Strong - Was patriotically eyerolling in places, but Hemsworth is a good leading man: 6/10

The Snowman - Can never get enough brooding serial killer movies, but this one fell short in spite of Fassbender trying his best: 5/10

American Assassin - Decent action, weak story - 5/10

Life - I feel like I have seen this movie at least 6 times in various iterations (at least once underwater). Great acting, tired premise with no redeeming twist: 5.5/10

Valerian - movie was beautiful CGI, worst acting ever - 4/10 (but I did watch all of it)

The Great Wall - I used to love Damon, why does his face make me annoyed now? Expected a LOT more from the monsters - 5/10

I can't believe Rampage has one of the highest ratings here - what have I become????
Wtf....

Szlia

Hot tub time Machine 2 - 1/10

Good god this movie was bad. I really liked the first one, but this one yikes. I was super shocked to find out it was the same writing and directing team.

What was odd was that they were using the same 'bag of tricks' that worked well in the first film. But it just was a hamfisted mess.
I think I already made that comment in another thread, but in this films the characters travel to the future while in the first film they traveled to the past. The first film worked because going back in time allows for a lot of nostalgia, references, bitter sweet comedy, jokes based on the thing the main characters and the spectators know but the '80s characters don't, etc. This is what made the charm of the first movie and nothing of it can work in a sequel where you travel to the future. So yeah, it's terribad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

Hunter Killer 6/10
some eyerolly moments, but some nice scenery and action

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs 4/6
thought 4 of the stories were good, other 2 were terrible

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Got high and watched The Good The Bad and The Ugly for the 1st time (strange I know)

10/10

The arrival at the graveyard and the playing of the ecstasy of gold makes for such an amazing scene.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Solo - 5/10 - It was aight, decent story, the only fault being the inevitable pandering lines dropped to tie it all to the Star Wars story. Woody was especially good. Han and Leia 0.5 were not. Is there a Kira (?) dark jedi/Sith in the lore? Although I grew up with Star Wars my fanaticism ended with the original trilogy so I'm a philistine. Edit, I should ask that in the actual Solo thread.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Resident Evil Whatever - The Final Chapter

Well, I watched it from start to finish. It wasn't the worst thing I have seen, but hopefully it is the end of the series. 2/10

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Rampage 7 / 10

Yeah, it was a good 'switch off my mind and enjoy' movie. It was sort of better than I was expecting, but still had issues. Logic issues abound.

But it's some good action and the Rock is always good . . . he's just the Rock onscreen, and it works.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I recently watched Space Battleship Yamato (the live action version of Star Blazers/SBY anime) for about the hundredth time. It is cheesy in the way of most things related to anime, and there are a few completely ridiculous moments of course, but overall I feel like it is one of the best live action versions of an anime ever. Granted, I've hardly watched any anime, and even fewer live action versions, but some of the scenes are perfect replications of the iconic anime scenes. Like down to tiny little details sometimes. ALL the shit with the ship itself, in particular the Wave Motion Gun, is fucking perfect. There's a scene near the beginning where they fire the gun for the first time, and it is so completely perfectly done that it gives me chills every time I watch it. The pressure wave that blows out just a split second before the gun fires is a completely extraneous effect, but I fucking love it.

As you can tell, I love this movie. I even like most of the characters, even though some are intentionally there to annoy you or be silly. It has, however, completely ruined the "ditzy blonde blatantly white girl" version of Yuki in the anime, because the Japanese chick in this movie is gorgeous, and while she eventually falls into the inevitable "oh main-character-san, I love you, please don't do it, I can't live without you!" mode that all anime love interests fall into, before that she's actually a decent character. Did I mention she's gorgeous too?

Anyway, solid 9/10 for me, and highly recommended if you like this sort of thing, and in particular if you've seen the original animes. If not, you'll probably think it is nothing special.

Here's that first Wave Motion Gun scene, and then apparently the entire movie is on YouTube as well.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Got high and watched The Good The Bad and The Ugly for the 1st time (strange I know)

10/10

The arrival at the graveyard and the playing of the ecstasy of gold makes for such an amazing scene.

such a good soundtrack

• 1Like

Crimson

Peasant
Overboard; I have no idea why I seem to watch this movie every time it's on. The first time I saw it, I didn't even know what the title was, and I've rewatched it every time since then.

It's a solid late 80s comedy, but not good enough to warrant such regular watches. Maybe because I always pick it up partway, so then I want to rewatch the first part? Either way, it's okay, but a predictable kind of comedy film; as is the case with most dealing in romance.

6.5/10

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I recently watched Space Battleship Yamato (the live action version of Star Blazers/SBY anime) for about the hundredth time. It is cheesy in the way of most things related to anime, and there are a few completely ridiculous moments of course, but overall I feel like it is one of the best live action versions of an anime ever. Granted, I've hardly watched any anime, and even fewer live action versions, but some of the scenes are perfect replications of the iconic anime scenes. Like down to tiny little details sometimes. ALL the shit with the ship itself, in particular the Wave Motion Gun, is fucking perfect. There's a scene near the beginning where they fire the gun for the first time, and it is so completely perfectly done that it gives me chills every time I watch it. The pressure wave that blows out just a split second before the gun fires is a completely extraneous effect, but I fucking love it.

As you can tell, I love this movie. I even like most of the characters, even though some are intentionally there to annoy you or be silly. It has, however, completely ruined the "ditzy blonde blatantly white girl" version of Yuki in the anime, because the Japanese chick in this movie is gorgeous, and while she eventually falls into the inevitable "oh main-character-san, I love you, please don't do it, I can't live without you!" mode that all anime love interests fall into, before that she's actually a decent character. Did I mention she's gorgeous too?

Anyway, solid 9/10 for me, and highly recommended if you like this sort of thing, and in particular if you've seen the original animes. If not, you'll probably think it is nothing special.

Here's that first Wave Motion Gun scene, and then apparently the entire movie is on YouTube as well.

Damn how old is the original amine/cartoon, because I am old and I seem to recall this was one of my favorites as a kid - a flying battleship in space - yes please! I did not even know this movie existed.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I second the Space Battleship recommendation. Well made fun movie that hits all the right notes that you'd want it to.

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I watched the new Wreck it Ralph with the kids and I actually enjoyed it. I really liked the first one but I had heard the second one was shitty. Solid 7/10.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Damn how old is the original amine/cartoon, because I am old and I seem to recall this was one of my favorites as a kid - a flying battleship in space - yes please! I did not even know this movie existed.
The first season came out in America in 1974. Seasons 2 and 3 came out over the next couple years, up to 1980 I think. I distinctly remember watching it when I was very young, and I would have been 5 in 1974, so I probably saw it when it first came out. They kept repeating the same season(s) until the newer ones came out, and it always was the highlight of my day when a new one came on. Of course, I had no idea how TV seasons worked, and there was no internet to check this shit, so it was sort of like magic when a new one appeared.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I watched the original animated series back in the day. Also loved the idea of a big fucken battleship in space.

Didn't know about the live action film. I will put that on my list.

Also I was in Japan a year and a bit ago, got to watch an episode of the newer animated series ( zero subs, so I was a little ??? about what was going on )

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I just finished watching Warcraft, the movie. It was surprisingly entertaining, and actually made me want to play World of Warcraft a little bit (it has been many a year now). I actually paused it and went to the super nerd wikis to remind me of the characters like Khadghar. Also the orcs special effects was pretty fucking awesome. Like 6.5/10 probably?

• 1Like