Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Ah, it was a joke. Of course it was.

"I never watched it until now because I was a hipster in 1997 - 10 years before hipsters were even a thing."

If you can't see the joke and can only autistically think "ackshually hipster as a term was around before that" then you're definitely autistic. And don't understand what hipster means

1000010548.png

The joke was that I was rejecting Titanic for being too mainstream like a hipster would before being a hipster was even a thing, which made me even more of a hipster by being an early adopter of being a hipster

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
"I never watched it until now because I was a hipster in 1997 - 10 years before hipsters were even a thing."

If you can't see the joke and can only autistically think "ackshually hipster as a term was around before that" then you're definitely autistic. And don't understand what hipster means
Sure, of course buddy. 👍🏻

• 1Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Only Titanic I want
I saw this live back in '98. Ozzfest was good shit.

I saw it back at the Blockbuster Sony Music Entertainment Center in Camden. Then a few years later it got renamed the Tweeter Center. Since then it's had quite a few names, but Camden Waterfront was a great concert venue.

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Tried watching Life the other night. The sci-fi alien life form in the space station movie. Turned it off as it sucked so bad. The cast is good, but the movie itself is trash. Shitty script, written so that the crew will make every possible bad decision at every turn. 1/10.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Cable Guy - movie is still hilarious to me, one of my favorite JC movies. This and Zoolander were 2 of the most awkward movies to watch in theater when you're the only one laughing in the theatre.

It was supposed to be a light hearted movie starring Chris Farley originally

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I watched Titanic and liked it. I seem to recall the surround sound being well done. Not so sure how it translates to Atmos or whatever is the thing now. That is a rabbit hole I stopped looking in when MS nuked sound on Windows.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Not so sure how it translates to Atmos or whatever is the thing now. That is a rabbit hole I stopped looking in when MS nuked sound on Windows

I didn't really watch enough of it to judge. And whilst it was on I wasn't sat in the master listening position, so again can't really judge.

I vaguely remember the engine room scenes being decent sound wise

Anyway, Schindlers List was a lot better than Titanic

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm suddenly on another Tom Cruise spree. I'm finishing up Last Samurai shortly. I'll maybe watch Knight and Day tonight, then finish it off tomorrow with Vanilla Sky. Good movies all around.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
I'm suddenly on another Tom Cruise spree. I'm finishing up Last Samurai shortly. I'll maybe watch Knight and Day tonight, then finish it off tomorrow with Vanilla Sky. Good movies all around.
Collateral.

• 2Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just watched The Pledge (2001) with Jack Nicholson, its a very solid crime/cop/obsession movie. Nicholson is very good in it and doesn't do his normal mannerisms. He plays a cop who just retired but becomes obsessed with a string of murders that he believes are connected, but no one else does.

Idk how I missed this film, but it is very much worth watching. It involves child killing, so it can be disturbing at times, and I was not able to guess who the killer was, which is unusual. It also doesn't have a normal and satisfying ending, so be prepared for that.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Vanilla sky was one of my favorites from him. Diaz freaked me out so bad and I dated someone that was maybe crazier

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Just finished watching it. That is such a mind-fuck of a movie. And Penelope Cruz was fantastic back then. She's happy with Anton Chigurh though. But that's okay, Friend-O.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I've never seen Armageddon, no idea why.

I've only seen Independence Day once, at the cinema on release.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I've never seen Armageddon, no idea why.

I've only seen Independence Day once, at the cinema on release.
Cool.

Keep us informed if you ever watch Armageddon or watch Independence Day again.

Any other movies you haven’t seen, or only seen once, that you would like to mention?

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 5 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Cool.

Keep us informed if you ever watch Armageddon again or watch Independence Day again.

Any other movies you haven’t seen, or only seen once, that you would like to mention?
The Transformers Movie. That animated 80's masterpiece.

• 1Mother of God