Ray Donovan

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Loving the season so far. Anybody else anticipate Terry taking a bullet to the dome immediately after Ray said he loved him and wouldn't let anything happen to him? The shot was so wide and pulled back that I just KNEW something was about to happen.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, he isn't safe outside prison either. I suspect he'll die this season.

spronk

FPS noob
they can kill off all of the donovan clan except for bunchie, that dude better stay alive and just bumble into one awesome situation after another. i was dying at that breast milk thing when abby walks in

and yeah the sons of anarchy did a whole plot about how you aren't safe on the outside from the aryan brotherhood, and as we all know that show is canon on prison and gang life

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The AB is for real though.

Only Ray can drink in the prison yard and get into his car and drive off half in the bag. That guy just has balls.

spronk

FPS noob
628x471.jpg

it is weird that katie holmes is in the show, i wonder if she's gonna have a bigger part in the latter half of the season. ray banging Joey?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Finally got to watch this episode---wow, this is good TV. I was nervous when I heard of the shake up over there due to overages, but this season, so far, is much better than even the first 2. I hope they can maintain this pace, because it's been pretty amazing.

Fucking laughed as Abby not even being able to keep a dog, hahah. She's so desperate for attention and you know it is bad when even a dog won't give it. That being said, she continues to be the most worthless stay-at-home mom ever. I swear to god, the woman lives in a fucking palace, has money for every luxury and still bitches incessantly when she is asked to do anything for her kids. One line last season "Conner I can't watch you during your suspension, I have a life too!"---that line shouldn't come from a stay at home mother with no other responsibilities, lol. At least the child characters are mildly interesting and make their interplay tolerable--they aren't completely worthless like most of the other "family drama" moments in a lot of other TV shows.

Was sad to see Lena go (Lesbian bad ass)--probably one of the best characters ever. I'm going to be pissed if she's in the show less because of Ray's move. Every time she is on screen is fucking great, was actually complaining to my wife as she was leaving the office, fuck Ray--he needs to go beg her to come back. Her and Avi make the best duo.

In any case, really hope they keep the pace up--and hope this is still doing well ratings wise, it deserves a lot more buzz than I think it gets. Easily a contender for the best thing on TV right now.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Abby fucking sucks. I hope that dog comes back and rapes her. Hate her character.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah avi and lena are awesome, hopefully we see them re-unite with ray soon because he really needs them

its clear the writers are having fun with making abby a huge cunt, like the scene where she is complaining on the phone about how tough her life is while watching the maid clean the house. They are clearly building something up with her story, I thought last season she'd rat out Ray but now I'm not really sure where she is going.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think the writers are just trying to make a female character worse than Skylar White and they totally succeeded.

billymain

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i'd like to see ray's inevitable self destruction come to disastrous fruition after his son is killed some how.. maybe drunk car crash random driver, whatever.. just as long as they kill off connor.. god damn it that kid sucks.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Connor needs to just die, nonredeemable character.
Dude, Connor was hilarious. Kind of a dick move with his friend, but "you're a bitch, bitch" was classic hah. I love how they show a lot of Ray in both the kids. Connor has his propensity for being obstinate and even violent in the face of control, and Brigit is cool and calm as fuck.

Abby continues to be horrible, though. Ugh, that entire aspect of the show is fucking annoying. I have one Irish Grandmother, so I have an Irish aspect of my family (And an Irish aunt)....Holy shit when Abby was cursing with the niece it felt like I was in front of my grandmothers fucking Row house listening to my cousin and her Irish friends.

Can't wait to see the dynamic between Finny and his kids...the son is an obvious pyscho. But I wonder what the daughter has over him. Interesting she got him to back down; after he effectively was able to bitch slap a fucking governor. I wonder if there is some kind of fucked up family secret.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Not sure what the payoff with Abby could be to justify all the painful screen time with her these past few episodes. I'm hoping that Ray working for Finney won't slow down the momentum of him handling business like a fuckin boss so far this season. Unfortunately, Tommy and Chloe's appearance seem to suggest otherwise.