Ray Donovan

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Maybe it was because my best friend committed suicide a little over 2 years ago, but this last episode fucked me in the feels without lube. Pretty great acting from Liev.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ray thinks he went to New York to help his daughter. He’s going to find out he’s there to help himself.

More pensive bullshit that nobody signed up for.

Still pulling 5 million ratings despite their best efforts to whack this show in the first half.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Yeah , I like many gave up after last year....let me know if anything cool happens please?

spronk

FPS noob
lol season 6 premiere showed up for me last night, i dunno if i can really watch another season of this shit

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Not a single reference to Abby after the recap of last season? Seems like it could be a good season.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The Deuce is winding down so this is on my watch list.

It seems pretty watchable so far.

Very strong shades of Max Payne though more so than an adaptation of Anthony Pellicano this season. Its been heading that direction, but the alcoholism has reached caricature levels finally in this season. More like a cartoon character, ala Max Payne-- than an actual person.

So far anyway... I'm sure they'll humanize Ray again as this season goes on.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
No one Watching this?

I have not caught up wtih all of seaosn 6 but this is Ray Donovan back to its best so far. I could not finish season 5 at all the whole Abby visions was just awful. I am up to episode 7 or 8 now and so far it has everything you expect from the show, the family just fucking each other over the old man at the heart of it all and Ray fixing everyones problems while getting in way over his head. Even Ray daughter is bareable and no way near as annoying as she once was.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No one Watching this?

I have not caught up wtih all of seaosn 6 but this is Ray Donovan back to its best so far. I could not finish season 5 at all the whole Abby visions was just awful. I am up to episode 7 or 8 now and so far it has everything you expect from the show, the family just fucking each other over the old man at the heart of it all and Ray fixing everyones problems while getting in way over his head. Even Ray daughter is bareable and no way near as annoying as she once was.

I saw the whole season but discussing it here isn't considered cool anymore.

Anyway ratings are down from S5, about a 50% drop maybe a little worse. Unfortunately the greatness of this season won't be seen by anyone.

Regardless, Ray Donovan was renewed this week for a 7th season. Based on the S5 ratings performance, Showtime won't easily let this one go-- as S5 made it a top 3 performer for the network.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I saw it. Lack of ghosts made it good. The story is ridiculous but I will continue to watch.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Last episode aired last night in the UK so now watched all of it. My say I was not a massive fan of the last episode not that it was terrible but just not as good as the rest of the season which was excellent. I would highly recommend anyone who was put off by S5 to give this a go again.

What I don't understand is how Bridgett went from earlier in the season going mental at the idea of her dad beating someone up and the look of disgust when asking if he killed somebody, to hey I just going to get the chainsaw and chop this body into pieces just seemed stupid to me

With the ending of Ray talking to the Shrink on the phone I really hope to god they don't have another flashback centric season 7. I am hoping they go back to the Albanian, no way there will be no kick back on what they did to them, and the way they showed him going into the prision I thought there was going to be comeback in the season but leaves it all open for S7 hopefully

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Last episode aired last night in the UK so now watched all of it. My say I was not a massive fan of the last episode not that it was terrible but just not as good as the rest of the season which was excellent. I would highly recommend anyone who was put off by S5 to give this a go again.

What I don't understand is how Bridgett went from earlier in the season going mental at the idea of her dad beating someone up and the look of disgust when asking if he killed somebody, to hey I just going to get the chainsaw and chop this body into pieces just seemed stupid to me

With the ending of Ray talking to the Shrink on the phone I really hope to god they don't have another flashback centric season 7. I am hoping they go back to the Albanian, no way there will be no kick back on what they did to them, and the way they showed him going into the prision I thought there was going to be comeback in the season but leaves it all open for S7 hopefully
Bridgett found out about the attempted suicide and is now in protection mode

gak

<Gold Donor>
Ya we laughed too at bridg chopping up bodies after claiming she's abandoning her dad yet again to live her own life because she can't deal with all his hijinks.

Upcoming season will be ray doing the tony soprano psychiatry appointments, then the next season will be ray in a coma doing the tony soprano flashbacks season. (more annoying abby ? -haha ! )

The show could of been great with ray and avi getting into trouble, but they ruined it and Voight is literally carrying the show on his back.

r.jpg