Razer Naga - 2014 Model

Vitality

HUSTLE
Bought a Naga two years ago for my wife. A shipping mixup allowed me to score another at no cost. Within six months hers was having double click issues. Two months later I had the same issue. I ended up getting her the G500 but I opted to get the G600. I've had it for quite a while now. Zero issues. It takes some time to train yourself to use them. For a while I was still pressing the keyboard keys or clicking the interface button with the mouse but once I got it down, I don't think I could play an MMO without it ever again. My only real gripe is that I can't use the third mouse clicker, the one your ring finger rests on. It's in too awkward of a position and doesn't feel natural and it's function, acting as Control, Alt, or Shift, is better served by your actual keyboard. But it's a minor gripe.
I'll have to take a look at the G series mice then. Have you had any issues with non-responsive or weak actuating buttons on the thing?

Also is there an interface to re-bind the buttons to something else? Like the G series keyboards?

moontayle

Golden Squire
I'll have to take a look at the G series mice then. Have you had any issues with non-responsive or weak actuating buttons on the thing?

Also is there an interface to re-bind the buttons to something else? Like the G series keyboards?
Don't have any issues with responsiveness. And yes, there's a program that allows you to tweak it. The G600 allows some good customization options, and you can have up to 4 DPI settings with a profile and up to 3 profiles.

Pinch_sl

shitlord
I had a MX518 for a couple years and had no complaints about the mouse itself - it blew my old Razer out of the water. However, I always use a claw grip so I looked into gaming mice specifically designed for that grip. I ended up buying a CM Storm Xornet, and I've been using it exclusively for the last year or so. I prefer it to the MX518 purely because it contours to my hand so well in the claw grip. I've tried training myself to use a fuller grip so I can use side buttons more easily, but if you have a similar grip I'd highly recommend a mouse designed for it. I was struck at first by how small and fat the mouse looks, but after a week or two it felt very natural in my hand.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I'm looking for a new mouse and I didn't want to start a whole new thread.

I'm currently using a Logitech G5. I love this mouse, it's very plain, has weights which are nice, and just one thumb button. I don't want/need anything fancier than this. I've got big dumb hands, and for me, the simpler and larger the better. eBay yields only a couple used, and one new for $500+. Heh.

Anyway, does anyone have a CURRENT version of this mouse or something comparable size/structure?

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I use a Logitech G400S and from a quick google image search looks to be nearly the same as the G5 but with 2 thumb buttons instead of the 1. I had been using trackballs since way back in the mid 90's until about a year ago when I switched to the G400S due to getting numb/tingly fingers from using the trackball. I didn't want to fuck with carpal tunnel so I tried the switch hoping it would alleviate the problem and thankfully the symptoms disappeared and haven't had any issues since. So the G400S gets a thumbs up from me.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I use a Logitech G400S and from a quick google image search looks to be nearly the same as the G5 but with 2 thumb buttons instead of the 1. I had been using trackballs since way back in the mid 90's until about a year ago when I switched to the G400S due to getting numb/tingly fingers from using the trackball. I didn't want to fuck with carpal tunnel so I tried the switch hoping it would alleviate the problem and thankfully the symptoms disappeared and haven't had any issues since. So the G400S gets a thumbs up from me.
I've got a buddy that's been a long-time trackball user and he's got the same problem. I think he's forever hooked on a trackball, though. Thanks for the recommendation, it looks like what I need.

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
Apparently g400s is the successor to Mx518, if it lives up to the level of quality set by the old version, it should last you for years.

I'm looking for a new mouse and I didn't want to start a whole new thread.

I'm currently using a Logitech G5. I love this mouse, it's very plain, has weights which are nice, and just one thumb button. I don't want/need anything fancier than this. I've got big dumb hands, and for me, the simpler and larger the better. eBay yields only a couple used, and one new for $500+. Heh.

Anyway, does anyone have a CURRENT version of this mouse or something comparable size/structure?
Sir what you're looking for is the Razer Deathadder

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I own a Molten edition that I use at job. I have been using it for 3 years now I think. I got a 2014 edition 6 months ago for my home computer and it's a pretty good improvement over the old model. I never had any issue on both.