Reacher

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm going to bring it up again, but reacher could have speared that midget in 2 seconds.

That fight scene was trash

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Jay Cutler is one of the premier body builders of his day. He would have been pushing for mass, but yea, he may have been talking about his opinion on what natural body builders can get away with/need, not his own roid workouts.

It's been a while now, but Arnold's encyclopedia and every body building thing I have ever read is the opposite:
  • High reps (15+) low weight rip fewer muscle strands per rep and better spreads out the damage, which leads to higher endurance and smaller mass per strength gained. Good for most performance athletes.
  • Whereas high weight low reps (under 15) rips more muscle strands apart in the same area, which sacrifices endurance but builds more mass when all the new strands heal in the same area. Good for bodybuilding.
Every time you say Jay Cutler I think of this fuck.
Fail Season 1 GIF by Bleacher Report

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Finished season 1 today.

'he got you a tweed collar'

lol.

Looking forward to S2.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Watching the trailer for s2 i'm not sure how I feel about it. It made it look like it's just gonna be silly over-the-top action shenanigans.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Watching the trailer for s2 i'm not sure how I feel about it. It made it look like it's just gonna be silly over-the-top action shenanigans.
S1 was pretty damn good so I’ll give it a try. Don’t get me wrong tho, I expect everything Hollywood touches to get a case of the turbo zombiehawk aids, so show is probably on borrowed time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
S1 was pretty damn good so I’ll give it a try. Don’t get me wrong tho, I expect everything Hollywood touches to get a case of the turbo zombiehawk aids, so show is probably on borrowed time.
I think they know what made this show good and IIRC they have a good relationship with Lee Childs as well. I mean, nothing lasts forever and maybe this season or the next sucks but we aren't looking at a Netflix Witcher situation here at least.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I think they know what made this show good and IIRC they have a good relationship with Lee Childs as well. I mean, nothing lasts forever and maybe this season or the next sucks but we aren't looking at a Netflix Witcher situation here at least.
Yea, both shows have a main actor that really just carries the whole show. Biggest difference between the two is that Witcher’s crew was retarded and got lucky the first season with Caville doing some heavy lifting despite them. If you look at it objectively, almost everything about S1 that isn’t Caville is subpar. While Ritchson did the same heavy lifting in Reacher, it’s obvious from the way the show is made they intended and wanted to put him in that role. Things can certainly go south, and I’ve seen it happen plenty of times, but I’d be shocked if it happened so fast that season 2 sucked with how well s1 seemed to understand what its audience wants. Then again westworld, so this season could just be a huge steaming turd. I’ll watch and judge for myself though.

• 1Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yea, both shows have a main actor that really just carries the whole show. Biggest difference between the two is that Witcher’s crew was retarded and got lucky the first season with Caville doing some heavy lifting despite them. If you look at it objectively, almost everything about S1 that isn’t Caville is subpar. While Ritchson did the same heavy lifting in Reacher, it’s obvious from the way the show is made they intended and wanted to put him in that role. Things can certainly go south, and I’ve seen it happen plenty of times, but I’d be shocked if it happened so fast that season 2 sucked with how well s1 seemed to understand what its audience wants. Then again westworld, so this season could just be a huge steaming turd. I’ll watch and judge for myself though.
yeah, lee childs was in the first season. ritchson walks past him in the diner in the either the first episode or the last, i can't remember. point is, they actually went out sought lee childs approval, whereas with the witcher crew, they were all like, we can do it better!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
S1 was great and I like Alan Ritchson as Reacher but the supporting cast just plain sucked including their acting. New season and what appears to be a new supporting cast; do better.

• 1WTF
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
S1 was great and I like Alan Ritchson as Reacher but the supporting cast just plain sucked including their acting. New season and what appears to be a new supporting cast; do better.
IMO this is a bit harsh. They weren’t stellar, but they did their job. Sure it could be better, but that’s not what will make or break the show.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
IMO this is a bit harsh. They weren’t stellar, but they did their job. Sure it could be better, but that’s not what will make or break the show.
yeah, i think there was a handful of "meh" acting, but i felt overall everyone was competent

• 1Like