Rectangular Food Products for the Busy Gentleman

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
I need some recommendations on these. I'm not looking for the GNC crazy shit with supplements that are basically gross taffy texture. Looking for something that tastes good, small, easy to eat.

Thinking special K or natures valley but open to suggestions.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Chances are if it "tastes good," and it's, "easy to eat," that it likely has a ton of stuff besides protein that isn't going you much good even if you're pregnant.

If this is for your health and the babies, get one that is just bearable.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I buy the Pure Protein bars from Costco. That's my breakfast everyday at work, stash a box of them in my desk.

You get 18 bars in a box, 6 each of 3 different flavors, like chocolate chip, chocolate + peanut butter, & chocolate delux

the nutrition on each bar is roughly 200 calories(45 from fat), 5g fat(3g saturated, no trans fat), 18g carb, 20g protein. Sodium isnt too bad, only 170mg. Then roughly 20-30% of your daily allowance ofa shit ton of different vitamins and minerals.(About what you should get from 1 typical meal if you eat 3 a day)

They taste really good imho, and are about the highest protein I could find in a normal bar that still tasted good, and is easily available(Costco always has them, its not just a seasonal/occasional thing, been eating them for like 2 years now)

Chances are if it "tastes good," and it's, "easy to eat," that it likely has a ton of stuff besides protein that isn't going you much good even if you're pregnant.

If this is for your health and the babies, get one that is just bearable.
frown.png

It is. My protein consumption is way, way low. I don't care if it has other stuff (sugar etc) - at this point I'm really no longer concerned about calories. If that changes in the next month or so great, but that will also mean I can start eating hopefully, meats and cheeses to get that level back up.

The special K bars actually have about the same specs as the ones joeboo described.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
We have the nature vally ones but they only have 10g of protein. Going to check out those bars that Joeboo suggested 20g is pretty crazy.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bars? Blech.

8 ounces of milk and a scoop of ON whey is where it's at. 35-40g of protein just like that.

It's also a fuck load cheaper.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I've ordered a few packages ofwww.betterproteinbars.comand they weren't bad. You can pick your peanut butter (or almond butter, cashew butter, etc...) and honey to make the mix. They're very filling and offer enough protein and calories.

Quest bars aren't too bad, co-worker has a subscription to them fromwww.AllStarHealth.combut sometimes switches them out for another brand that I can't think of right now. Will check when back in the office on Monday. He's tried just about every kind on the website and Quest and this other brand have been his two favorite.

prescient

Silver Knight of the Realm
Bars? Blech.

8 ounces of milk and a scoop of ON whey is where it's at. 35-40g of protein just like that.

It's also a fuck load cheaper.
I'm with you on this.

Super tasty protein drink:
1 scoop protein powder (i like chocolate)
1 cup almond milk
1 cup frozen berries
1/2 banana
1 tbsp peanut butter
Some ice cubes (6-7) and blend away!

That shit tastes awesome.

Or...

1 cup greek yogurt
a bunch of frozen berries
1 scoop protein powder
1 tbsp walnuts smashed

Mix that all up and it tastes delicious and is way better for you than a protein bar. I will eat that greek yogurt combo for dessert because it tastes so good.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I get the Nature's Valley Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter or something similar from Costco.

Gives me my afternoon sugar fix with the added benefit of being fake good for me

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
Here are a couple of Protein Bar recipes that you can make at home.

Almond Coconut Bars

Nutritional Facts
(Per Serving)
? Calories: 282
? Protein: 27g
? Carbohydrates: 12g
? Fat: 14g

Ingredients

? 5 scoops chocolate Protein Powder
? 1/2 cup Flax Seeds
? 5 Tbsp low-fat Cream Cheese
? 1/2 cup Almonds, sliced
? 3 Tbsp of Stevia
? 1/4 cup Water
? 1 teaspoon Canola Oil
? 1 teaspoon Coconut extract
? 2 teaspoons Almond extract

Directions
1.Microwave cream cheese until soft enough to mix.
2.Combine all dry ingredients in bowl (protein powder, flax seeds, almonds, splenda) , and then mix in the rest (cream cheese, water, canola oil, coconut extract and almond extract). Stir until mix is consistent.
3.Create 5 equal size bars and leave in the fridge for about 30 minutes
----------------------------------------------------------------
Peanut Butter Protein Bars

Nutritional Facts
(Per Serving)
? Calories: 253
? Protein: 25g
? Carbohydrates: 18g
? Fat: 9g

Ingredients
? 8 scoops chocolate Protein Powder
? 1 cup Oatmeal
? 1/2 cup Natural Peanut Butter
? 1/4 cup Low Fat Milk
? 4 Tbsp Honey
? 3 Tbsp Pure Cocoa Powder
? 3 Tbsp crushed Almonds

Directions
1.Mix together the protein powder, oatmeal, peanut butter, honey, milk and cocoa powder.
2.Form into 10 bars and then roll in the crushed almonds to finish.
3.Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
----------------------------------------------------------------
High Protein Fudge Bars

Nutritional Facts
(Per Serving)
? Calories: 244
? Protein: 25g
? Carbohydrates: 18g
? Fat: 8g

Ingredients
? 8 scoops chocolate Protein Powder
? 1 cup Oatmeal
? 1/3 cup Natural Peanut Butter
? 3 Tbsp Honey
? 1/2 cup 1% Milk
? 3 tbsp crushed Peanuts

Directions
1.Mix together the protein powder, oatmeal, peanut butter, honey and milk.
2.Form into 10 bars and then roll in the crushed peanuts to finish.
3.Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes

prescient

Thanks for the recipes. Those peanut butter bars sound awesome. I'm definitely going to make some.

Celebrindal - AWESOME! Thank you for the recipes!!!!!!!

Thank you all for the suggestions/help as well - going to check into Clif (I heard their cookie dough bar is good?) as well and husband just got home with a box of natures valley.

Also I misspoke earlier, the Special K bars only have half the protein as the ones joeboo was describing.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The 20g of protein in the Costco bars are about the most I've seen in store-bought bars that are the size of a standard granola bar. They are also only about $1 apiece. I think the 18 pack is around $16

Tuna no - I'm already at my seafood limit (from a mercury perspective - yes, even low risk/content fish) since its the only thing that consistently sounds good and stays down. I'm trying to eat chicken when I can stomach it.

1 cup greek yogurt
a bunch of frozen berries
1 scoop protein powder
1 tbsp walnuts smashed

Mix that all up and it tastes delicious and is way better for you than a protein bar. I will eat that greek yogurt combo for dessert because it tastes so good.
+1 like a motherfucker bros. Full-fat greek yogurt, vanilla protein powder and fresh berries has been my favorite breakfast for a long while. It's ridiculously tasty and keeps me from feeling hungry longer than anything else I've tried that isn't a retarded huge country breakfast.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
There are also Quest bars that you can only get online I believe. They get rather good reviews.