Red 99 SZ/Team Server

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I'd definitely be interested in this. It'll be interesting to see how they break down the factions. That said, I'm more interested in Velious for P1999.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have they said if they are starting at Vanilla and opening the other expansions slowly? I might have to come out of retirement for this one.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Have they said if they are starting at Vanilla and opening the other expansions slowly? I might have to come out of retirement for this one.
I think it is going to be an abbreviated progression. I.E. 3-6 months of Classic, followed by 3-6 months of Kunark followed by Velious.

Get your guise and get on with your life type of an arrangement.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Me too, busting that rust on red (15 cleric) no idea on ETA but I'm going to assume it will be during the winter when the native neckbeard flocks home to its natural habitat.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Alecta, PvP dev, posted today..

The 'non-management' staff members (no Nilbog or Rogean) had a call to discuss rulesets a few days ago during which we mainly reviewed some of the better community-contributed posts.

We're going to hammer some more details out over the next week or so. I would then like to gather some community feedback on the proposed ruleset.

This weekend I am going to be making a WBS (and hopefully publishing it) so people will have a clearer idea of what needs to be done / what has been done.

So stay tuned for some Teams99 info next week or so

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Huzzah!

Great time for all potential players to give some feed back on possible rule sets.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Also

rrr_img_48967.png

and

rrr_img_48969.png

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'll be dropping Red99 like a bad habit when this comes out.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
i'll be all over this too. I'm a sucker for PvP. Though, FFXIV introduces PvP and housing so I may be torn. (which is a good thing)

axeman_sl

shitlord
From other of Sirkens post, it looks like they're examining this thread

BRIEF description of a hybrid hard code/soft code 3-faction ruleset - Project 1999

for the basis of teams in their dev internal discussions
Not taking it seriously if they don't make all classes available to all teams. That shit was gamebreaking and retarded the first time around, and now it'd be even worse as the neutral team is self-evidently guaranteed to utterly dominate the server from day one because they have access to all classes and thus not only have agiganticadvantage in direct gameplay but will also be the team of choice of every single serious guild. What a monumentally stupid, wasteful system. I hope they're not seriously listening to that hilariously ill-conceived post. They have the opportunity to actually make a good, balanced PvP server, and choosing something profoundly idiotic like that will only result in another DOA PvP emu that never stood a chance because the developers are fucking morons who refuse to do the sensible thing and insist on breaking shit for no reason.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Not taking it seriously if they don't make all classes available to all teams.
I'm hoping they find a way to do this as fairly as possible. I mean, ok, evils shouldn't have paladins and druids, and goods shouldn't have shadow knights and necros. But all three teams need to have access to bards, shamans and monks.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Origin_sl said:
Racial teams proposal with a human twist. Designed for the purpose of having a lore-friendly and class equal distribution between the three teams. The three key classes (bard, shaman, monk) need to be accessible to all three teams if this server is to thrive in the long run.

Evil Team:
Dark Elf
Ogre
Troll
Iksar (with Kunark)

Neutral Team:
Barbarian
Dwarf
Erudite
Gnome

Good Team:
Half Elf
Halfling
High Elf
Wood Elf

Humanscan be a part of ANY team based on their diety. So, a human bard can be evil, neutral or good if, for example, he/she worships Rallos Zek, Veeshan or Tunare, respectively.

The evil team gets fatties, necromancers, shadow knights and doesn't get paladins or druids.

The good team gets fairies, druids, paladins and doesn't get necromancers or shadow knights

The neutral team gets every class.

Here's the catch: In order for the good team to get shamans, Barbarian shamans need to be able to worship a good diety (since they can only worship The Tribunal, which is more neutral). If they could worship Mithaniel Marr or Erollisi Marr, or something similar, which has some lore relevance, they could be fit into the good team and make the good team complete and able to compete.

The Evil team will initially be a notch underpowered due to the fact that Iksar get released with Kunark. So the Evil team will be lacking monks all throughout Vanilla. Seeing as how the Evil team is generally the most attractive anyways, not having Iksar/monks in the short term will be a good test as to the balance of this kind of ruleset. However, keep in mind that this disadvantage will be offset by the 9,309,398 shadow knights that this team will have.

Lastly, this ruleset promotes the neuts as the jacks of all trades, but masters of none. By getting access to all classes, they will be able to form up the most comprehensive raid setups, but at the expense of not having fatty warriors or elven clerics etc. Regardless, i would say that this team would be most appealing for raiders.

I won't get into other aspects of the ruleset such as level +/- engage caps, leveling capping etc, as all of the other threads cover those aspects extremely well.

Let me know what you guys think.
Teams PVP - Race/Class Distribution Ruleset - Project 1999

My team setup proposal on the P99 boards.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Is there some kind of collective retardation flu going around that makes people think it'd be a good idea to do a teams server where only one of the teams has access to every class? I mean, really. It's the most unintelligent thing I've heard in emu PvP history. It'd make SZ's teams look balanced and equal in comparison. How is this not immediately obvious to some people?

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Is there some kind of collective retardation flu going around that makes people think it'd be a good idea to do a teams server where only one of the teams has access to every class? I mean, really. It's the most unintelligent thing I've heard in emu PvP history. It'd make SZ's teams look balanced and equal in comparison. How is this not immediately obvious to some people?
So you want evil paladin and good shadow knight type shit? Or do you want to break completely with EQ lore and have some weird ass shit where no Gods exist?

Anyways, i think the idea is to have teams pvp while maintaining some degree of EQ lore.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Base the teams on something other than deity or race or whatever. What on Earth gives you the impression that it's worth ruining the server from the beginning in order to satisfy Everquest's extremely basic and irrelevant lore? Do you seriously think a server where only one team has every class will ever be anything but an utterly imbalanced, broken, PvP-less waste of development time and resources? 95% of the playerbase would be on the same team. I can't believe this is something that needs to be explained to you.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Base the teams on something other than deity or race or whatever. What on Earth gives you the impression that it's worth ruining the server from the beginning in order to satisfy Everquest's extremely basic and irrelevant lore? Do you seriously think a server where only one team has every class will ever be anything but an utterly imbalanced, broken, PvP-less waste of development time and resources? 95% of the playerbase would be on the same team. I can't believe this is something that needs to be explained to you.
Are you going to give some examples or are you just randomly talking shit?