Red 99 SZ/Team Server

Rhuobhe

N00b
Not sure how I feel about Nihilum. I've been attacked by too many Nihilum alts... even when I was untagged. I also like being underdog.

Pharmakos, if you can still neckbeard at irregular hours and put up with bullshit on however long is left of red99 then go for it.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
its true. also, you better be comfortable with sharing your login info with the guild.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
What's the deal with that Heartbrand dude seemingly stealing and stripping a bunch of characters?

I've seen it all over the forums and in his own sig at times but I never knew the full story. My forumquest is weak Flex.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I joined Flowers of Happiness. Spreading the happy with flower power. Uses to play with some of them on Rallos and WoW.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I honestly don't know the whole HB saga, other than the broad strokes like you, I was probably deployed during all of that.

Anyway, Alecta posted a WBS a sec ago that has some cool shit on it.

rrr_img_49259.png

Zone control maps?!

Team internal guild wars?

1 team per IP?

Nice. nice.

Rhuobhe

N00b
hb supposedly has been kicked out of most of all the large guilds at some point (azrael nihilum etc) and screwed them over in terms of plat loot and characters. rumors as far as I know. sounds like a nice guy imo. people on red are psycopaths

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I'm starting to wonder if preformed guilds aren't the way to go. It almost seems like you're better off just grinding 20 hours a day for the first month, getting max level and getting the Nagafen server first with like 10 other random 45-50's and then forming a guild.

Then the top levelers from every guild join you for pixels and you snowball it into a top guild.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Eh, you'd have to endure playing with the biggest twats on the server if you do that since the first 10 level 50s are invariably intolerable, socially handicapped people who are able and willing to play 18 hours a day. It isn't worth it. You really don't want anything to do with the dregs of a community that is already vile beyond belief. It's like going to an overnight My Little Pony convention and asking to hang out with the ten least charismatic individuals.

edit: lol apparently the devs have decided on itemloot (unless Sirken is lying). So we'll have Failed P99 PvP Server 2.0 a month after it opens. Sounds like a great idea, maybe they'll do custom content next just to alienate absolutely everybody in case a few stubborn stragglers remain against all odds.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
edit: lol apparently the devs have decided on itemloot (unless Sirken is lying). So we'll have Failed P99 PvP Server 2.0 a month after it opens. Sounds like a great idea, maybe they'll do custom content next just to alienate absolutely everybody in case a few stubborn stragglers remain against all odds.
Even more comical to me was his statement that his preferred rule set involves three teams, one of which has no shamans. He thinks that having access to "more fun" races will counterbalance the lack of shamans.

I'm a new-comer to R99 and was never well-versed in EQ raiding OR pvp... that being said, what guilds are going to choose a team that can't have shamans?

And to be fair, I think he was trying to explain that they wanted to code specific pvp item loss... e.g., pummice stones and potions. I didn't interpret his meandering/vague statements as ("We want people to lose their entire inventory upon death.") I absolutely hope he spends the hour to consult the top guild leadership solely to ask them what they think about class-restricted teams.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Well item loot dooms the server before it even opens. It will have a population of about 60 and everyone will be on the same team because you won't be able to raid otherwise .

If they do item loot I hope there is zero no drop items. No drop ship ruined RZ.