Red Dead Redemption 2

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
4K HDR TV's aren't actually that expensive. 75" OLED, yeah... a base 65" 4K HDR screen can be had for $750 that's pretty damn decent. I'm on a hair trigger for the former at $2100 at 65".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Only if you're OK with an anthrax laced pipe bomb... *checks to make sure I'm sending this from a double layered encrypted vpn*

But for real, we all sacrifice for the things we love, for me it's tech so I eat taco bell on the reg. Then there are some of us who make too much bloody money and fuck them, but I'm aiming for your job, motherfucker!

• 1Worf

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I’ll just ask for one for Xmas or something. -shrug-
If you've got a relationship like I do with my wife, Santa may just come early.

That sounded less funny in my head, now I'm picturing my wife getting money shot by a fat man in a red coat.

• 1Worf

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
No, my wife was off work for two months for major surgery and is just now making her way back into her job part time for the next few weeks so money is at a premium. Well, money I’d spend on stuff I don’t need anyway.

Also my two older kids just lost a ton of their stuff in a house fire so most my spare money is going to me trying to replace a lot of their stuff out of my already shallow pockets so they can still be kids.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Figured out that despite having a pleb regular PS4, the reason HZD looks so good is that HDR activates still. If HDR activates on RDR2, from a pleb PS4, just like HZD does, then I'll live in my ignorant bliss of non-4k life, and save the money for now!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm still rocking a 2009 LG. Don't really care. My monitor is over 10 years old. I'm not much of a stuff and things person.

I'm gonna Sonos the fuck outta my pad though. That shit is awesome.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah that way too for the most part. My TV is about 7 years old, things look good on it, I’m fine with it.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
4K HDR TV's aren't actually that expensive. 75" OLED, yeah... a base 65" 4K HDR screen can be had for $750 that's pretty damn decent. I'm on a hair trigger for the former at $2100 at 65".

65" OLED B7A.... Top piece of tech I have ever purchased in my life man.

IN MY LIFE.

Get it. Do it. Love it.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
What's the difference between the B7, and the C7/8? Besides being $250 and $750 less than the C7 and C8 respectively.

I believe the only difference has to do with the built in speaker system being better in the C7 over the B7. Picture quality and screen specs are the exact same. (If I recall correctly when I was shopping for this TV)

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I've got a 4k TV but a regular PS4 with an upgraded HD. PS5 really rumored to come out in the next year or so? Really want to grab a pro for this but not if it's gonna be old news right around the corner.

• 1Like

Brad2770

I heard that same rumor. I would be surprised if the PS5 comes out.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Almost zero chance of PS5 being a 2019 release. Specs are being discussed with a very tiny small group of devs now, which pretty much means 18-24 months to commercial release.

So any XB1/PS4 you buy now is pretty safe for at least 12 months and most likely 2 full holiday cycles, which is honestly the best you can expect. Also means Cyberpunk 2077 is almost certainly gonna be a PC/PS4/XB1 game.

For comparison alpha leaks on the PS4 dev kits (and xb1) started coming out June 2012. The consoles themselves didn't release till Nov 2013. We aren't even at dev kits yet for XBox Two or PS5. It will probably be faster this time around since both should basically be PC upgrades basically, but its still at least 12 months.

The only thing is minor upgrade tweaks, like going from a xbox one to X or PS4 to PS4 Pro. If there is anything that comes out in 2019, it'd be something like a PS4 Pro slim but even that I dunno, seems like it would piss off more people than help anything if they buy a new console which gets deprecated 8 months later.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
6 years between PS1 and PS2
6 years between PS2 and PS3
7 years between PS3 and PS4
PS4 is only 5 years old.
PS4 Pro was released 2 years ago.

There's no way they'd release the PS5 in 2019. PS4 has just hit its market stride, with likely two more years if I'm being on the short side. Granted if the PS5 plays PS4 games, that's a 3 year cycle, so 2020 could be very likely. Though that would fuck the PS5 market if you can't play PS5 on PS4 Pro/PS4. But if coded to work on all three consoles, with PS5 providing the best experience, we're looking at a very interesting market where a console has variable options just like a PC (albeit an insanely minimized version of one).

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users