Red Dead Redemption 2

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I’m confused and I’m not defending anything, but they are the exact controls from GTA, did you guys not play that?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I’m confused and I’m not defending anything, but they are the exact controls from GTA, did you guys not play that?

Yes and disliked those, but that game had cars to travel with (poorly I might add) the real pain is the horse and the hold L2 then hit another button to interact. I also keep punching and shooting things I don’t intend to.

Game is amazing, controls could be better.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I guess I’m just used to GTA’s and I played through RDR1 last month so maybe I’m just more acoimated to them, I dunno.

I have shot someone on accident but frankly, they probably deserved it.

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah its not that you don't get used to RDR 2 control's pretty quickly, its just that after having played GTA5/RDR 1 and then going back to regular games you quickly miss how good other games (God of War, Spider-Man, etc) control compared to Rockstar

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
yeah its not that you don't get used to RDR 2 control's pretty quickly, its just that after having played GTA5/RDR 1 and then going back to regular games you quickly miss how good other games (God of War, Spider-Man, etc) control compared to Rockstar

That seems reasonable to me, I guess other than GTA, RDR1 and Shadows of War, I haven't played many console games in recent years so I don't know better I guess? I dunno. I can appreciate how others may have problems though wording it the way you did.

Brad2770

Got through the intro and I woke up at the camp with the teepee emblem and saved.

The granite rock faces while looking for Marston was amazing looking. I know some of you said the snow blew you away. I expect something a lot better than Horizon Zero Dawn, but it was about the same.

As for the controls, there are a few differences than GTA5, but I have beat 300 days played in that game, so I should drop into this pretty quick.

Looking forward to nudity. Hoping it’s not just fat Mexican chick tits and penis. Need some full on skinny 1899 bush and saggy tits.

• 1Worf

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Also lots of control options. Too many for me to know what to do with so there is that too. And tons of sliders and onclick options.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Go to accessibility and change it to one click to run/sprint.
Nah, I already have that turned on. Read the description there again--it's only for walk/run and sprinting requires you to mash it repeatedly even on accessibility mode. Which isn't too annoying on default controls, but it's retarded on the FPS ones.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am getting kind of irritated that the bounty system is triggered by dudes attacking me on the road sometimes. I mean, dude shot at me, I killed him and I have a $40 bounty...

Is there any way to get rid of it other than just paying it?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I am getting kind of irritated that the bounty system is triggered by dudes attacking me on the road sometimes. I mean, dude shot at me, I killed him and I have a $40 bounty...

I think for me, that’s also my only gripe in the game. Dude tried to rob me, I killed him and then had a law posse chase me and try to kill me, currently I have a $700 bounty on that save, which I now don’t play. Lol

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Yep, that shit is gay as fuck. I had something very similar happen to me and after the bounty hunters ambushed me the first time I just went "fuck it" and killed everyone in the town. Now you've got a reason to come after me, faggots.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>

so youre a white male that shot a black guy? BOUNTY. lol

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I agree on the control issues, and I've always hated how they felt in GTA games in anything other than driving situations. They are really aggravating, but it still feels nitpicky considering how great everything else is so far.

Also, I fucking hate snow, and this is the only game I remember where the snow in-game is just as infuriating as in real life. Compliments to Rockstar on that I suppose, but when the fuck do I get out of the snow? I've only played for about two hours.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I bumped into a guy with my horse and it failed the mission as the law was alerted.

The realism factors are annoying.

Anyone else accidentally kill thier horse yet?

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
9 hour download ETA, god i should have did this before i went to bed lmao

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I haven’t killed the horse. I did call him to me up on a steep hillside. He got to about twenty yards away from me and stopped. Right before I got to him he lost his balance and went tumbling down the hill. It was pretty damn funny.

I was going to do a shooting competition, I bet the guy 5 dollars I could shoot better than him. Pulled my gun and I guess I pointed it at him, he screamed, or drew down on me, I dunno what exactly happened, but next thing you know I’m standing over his dead body. I’m almost positive I overreacted to what he was doing and killed him.

About five minutes before this encounter happened, I was riding down the road and a couple of guys were on the side of the road talking about “nobody messes with the O’driskels” or something like that. I dismounted and walked over to see what was going on. Accidentally drew my rifle and they both pulled their pistols and smoked me. That’s why I was so trigger happy with the guy I wagered with about being a better shot than.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I got killed on the bear mission by some dumb camera nonsense. I set out the bait and went a bit away behind this rock. I heard the rumble and I look around for the bear and the piece of shit one shots me from behind. That made me salty. Never even saw it.

Not because I died but because you can't pick up his trail again once you respawn. I wandered around for 15 minutes looking for it and nothing. Dumb.

I think this game went a bit too overboard in the realism again. They did the same thing in GTA4, which is why I hated that one. Lots of good shit in this game but the realism is bleh. Having to run your horse constantly for 10 minutes at a time before getting to an objective is a bit lame. Unless they add more and more, "cool moments" along the way. Only found a few so far.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I'm definitely glad I have the special edition horse and saddle. Not sure how it compares to the best wild-tamed horse (Arabian IIRC) but it's significantly faster than the rest I've seen. Way faster than anything some asshole trying to get away from you will be riding too.

Also, don't forget that horses have permadeath in this. Not sure if you can re-buy the DLC horses if they die, but even just having to start their progression over from the base stats is a "hell no". Autosaves aren't good enough, I make a hard save at the beginning of just about every in-game day.

Much as I hate to say it, I actually agree with that Kotaku assessment from a page or two back. Fighting the controls is the true challenge of the game. And stuff like looting corpses and having to craft one..... single..... item.... at.... a..... time..... were already tedious as hell by the time I first got to Valentine. It doesn't spoil the game or anything, but reviewers still giving it a 10/10 despite these glaring issues is pure lunacy.

Random question: where/when do I get a damn grill? I assume I still have to cook one at a time, but I'd at least like to start using all these herbs I've been picking. I don't even know if it's portable or a camp upgrade but It didn't unlock with the other camp stuff after doing Herr Strauss' first set of missions to access the ledger.

Last edited:
  • 1Like