Red Dead Redemption 2

Brad2770

I believe it’s because it’s not fleshed out like GTAO. I have a lot of GTA friends that couldn’t dump GTA because there was just so much more to do.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I really enjoyed re-playing GTA 5 and of course the online component has so much fucking shit to do you can always just jump in and fuck around. I'm not sure I'd want to double dip on RDR 2, 70% of the game is just sitting around AFK while you slow travel from A to B.

The only thing I could see is them bundling some sort of RDR1 inside RDR2 on PC, still wouldn't really play at launch but when the game is $20 I'd probably snag it and play it real...real... real... slow

• 1Solidarity

Randin

Trakanon Raider
GTA5 is one of the best games ever made. RDR2 is just a horse riding sim
Honestly, that's kinda why I like the game so much. When you get down to it, Red Dead 2 is a semi-historical roleplaying game more so than anything else. It's slow and deliberate and immersion-focused, and doing its damndest to get you immersed in playing the role of an outlaw cowboy in the Old West. They could've sped the game up, but doing so would've cost it some of that immersion. It's not everybody's cup of tea, but it's so thoroughly my jam, that I can't help but wonder if one of the developers was literally living in my head while writing the design document.

That said, I actually recently started up a second playthrough, and I decided fucking early that I'm skipping anything tied to collectables--challenges, fossils, plumes and orchids, not touching any of that. I don't regret going completionist for my first run through the game, but I have zero desire to hunt fucking woodpeckers again for the taxidermist.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I like the GTA universe in general way more than RDR. RDR2 did have a great story though.

spronk

FPS noob
Rumor: Red Dead Redemption 2 Story DLC Releasing Next Year, Features Aliens
According to a new rumor, Rockstar Games is releasing Red Dead Redemption 2 single-player story DLC next year that will be alien focused. The rumor comes way of an anonymous source over on Reddit, who cites a friend at Rockstar Games that is serving as an environment artist on the DLC. The leaker claims the DLC has been in the works for awhile, and is poised to release early 2020, meaning Rockstar Games should be announcing it soon.
As you will know, Red Dead Redemption 2 hit PS4 and Xbox One back in October 2018, and while its predecessor got single-player DLC in the form of Undead Nightmare, it didn't look like the sequel would after Rockstar Games decided to skip single-player DLC entirely for Grand Theft Auto V. However, Rockstar Games has never said anything -- one way or another -- about Red Dead Redemption 2 single-player DLC, leaving the opportunity on the table.

That all said, according to this new rumor, the DLC will be alien centered, which some previous rumors have suggested, and which the game itself somewhat hints at it with some Easter eggs and missions. Unfortunately, this is where the details dry up, though the leaker does mention you'll once again be playing as Arthur.

Interestingly, the post also claims a Red Dead Redemption remake is in the works, and coming sometime late next year or early 2021.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I got the ultimate edition awhile back. The online sucked ass and I kinda forgot about it. Is it worth checking out with update?

Also does the Ultimate edition come with the season pass for the future DLC / expansion?

Brad2770

The ultimate edition, so far, gets you things for free for RDO. Mostly new mounts.

As for the new DLC, not sure. Downloading now.

I have been playing it the last 45 days or so and I mainly log on to do the dailies. I make a decent amount of money and gold just doing those. It can occupy me for about an hour to three hours depending on what dailies are needed. I mainly like it because the game is kind of relaxing. It really depends what you want from the online experience.

Brad2770

Buy the reinforced lasso, metal detector and hunting wagon ASAP.

Hunting wagon: Go buy insurance at stables ASAP. While hunting, use horse. Remove stowed animals, dismiss horse and call wagon from player menu. Load up 3 star corpses, dismiss wagon. Keep doing this until wagon is full. Then load up horse and go back to camp. Empty horse then call wagon and empty wagon. This should fully fill meter in one run after resupply mission.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Rockstar Launcher, Epic Games Store, Green Man Gaming, the Humble Store, and GameStop on November 5 and Stadia in November, Steam in December.