Red Dead Redemption 2

spronk

FPS noob
they will 100% release a pc version in about a year but they will also 100% not talk about it at all until April so gamers with money double dip. don't really mind at all either, I finished the game on PS4 and then replaying on PC in FPS mode was almost like a totally different game.

there were also fucktons of cheats in GTA online in the first year, i racked up like 70m credits duping cars so hopefully that shit happens again with RDR online. i will almost certainly end up triple dipping this game as well, xb1/ps4/pc

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
they will 100% release a pc version in about a year but they will also 100% not talk about it at all until April so gamers with money double dip. don't really mind at all either, I finished the game on PS4 and then replaying on PC in FPS mode was almost like a totally different game.

there were also fucktons of cheats in GTA online in the first year, i racked up like 70m credits duping cars so hopefully that shit happens again with RDR online. i will almost certainly end up triple dipping this game as well, xb1/ps4/pc

Yep.

I also made my GTA:Online money from duping. I still have about 3 garage full of Elegy Retros that sell for 1mil each. I'm pretty sure the guys over at se7ensins.com will find a dupe the first month of RDR:Online being out. I won't touch any dupes for RDR until late in the game though.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Sounds like I'll need to pick up the X1X for this in the hopes it ends up being a PlayAnywhere title. But really, I played RDR1 for the badass storyline. Was my favorite game for a while there. Definitely left a solid impression.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Didnt everyone say RDR was gonna be on PC too?

Getting it on PS4 either way, fuck waiting 1year+ like I did for GTA

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Didnt everyone say RDR was gonna be on PC too?

Getting it on PS4 either way, fuck waiting 1year+ like I did for GTA

RDR couldn't be ported to the PC because it was a terribly programmed game that almost didn't even get released for consoles because of it. RDR2 is unlikely to have that same issue.

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, there's no way that Rockstar gives up the additional cash of RDR 2 online with PC. GTAV has been a Top 10 Steam game since its release.

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
RDR couldn't be ported to the PC because it was a terribly programmed game that almost didn't even get released for consoles because of it. RDR2 is unlikely to have that same issue.

Yep. I remember them saying they were amazed they got it compiled. Ha. Turned out pretty damn good though considering, and now the one X 4K patch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I remember having so many gd problems with the wagons...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Lots of updates releasing with the 30++ people who were invited to a 2 hour play session at Rockstar.

Some things
- Has a first person option
- World changes with your action. Not sure how this works, but apparently somewhat managed to remove the part where most open world games with a linear story "stop" when you are in between missions. This doesn't. Not sure if that is just due to a large amount of side content or what.
- Crafting and lots of upgrades.
- Eating system implemented. Sounds like a more advanced version of how it was in GTA: SA
- Killshot system is in the game, featuring kill cam shots of the most brutal kills. However, they will alter depending on your character progression (playing as a bad guy will be more brutal). Tied to honor system
- Photo mode added (get a camera from a sidequest and that stays with you)
- Can have a stable of horses. If one dies, it is dead.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Pretty good review - Red Dead Redemption 2’s easy-to-miss moments are built for Twitch and YouTube

Also there's this:

Dni6bfiXgAEXipS.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
A lot of the top GTA streams are GTA RP, so interested in how they approach some of the online stuff.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
  • 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ughhh another month...

Lets fucking DO THIS!

A1A3C70B-9162-48E9-B765-4FBEC78C8B98.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
Remember there are 2 items you can unlock in GTA 5 that will xfer over to RDR 2. I doubt either will be important but kinda fun to do. Its the stone hatchet and the double action gold revolver, each only takes about an hour although I think the revolver questline is currently off but should be back again soon (?)

You have to sit around online for a few mins waiting for the texts from maude to come in too, you'll get spammed by other NPCs telling you about all the new shit in online
GTA: Online - How To Get Red Dead Redemption 2 Weapons | Stone Hatchet & Revolver Guide - Gameranx

Since all the GTA stuff is stored on Rockstar servers, I think it should all work cross play - ie I unlocked the two items in PS4 GTA Online but plan to play first on Xbox One X, on which I don't even own GTAO. It should work though. I think. I'm double dipping anyways, which kinda makes me wonder how bonus stuff is gonna work. I bought XB1 Ultimate Edition but just have regular physical for PS4.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Remember there are 2 items you can unlock in GTA 5 that will xfer over to RDR 2. I doubt either will be important but kinda fun to do. Its the stone hatchet and the double action gold revolver, each only takes about an hour although I think the revolver questline is currently off but should be back again soon (?)

You have to sit around online for a few mins waiting for the texts from maude to come in too, you'll get spammed by other NPCs telling you about all the new shit in online
GTA: Online - How To Get Red Dead Redemption 2 Weapons | Stone Hatchet & Revolver Guide - Gameranx

Since all the GTA stuff is stored on Rockstar servers, I think it should all work cross play - ie I unlocked the two items in PS4 GTA Online but plan to play first on Xbox One X, on which I don't even own GTAO. It should work though. I think. I'm double dipping anyways, which kinda makes me wonder how bonus stuff is gonna work. I bought XB1 Ultimate Edition but just have regular physical for PS4.

Unless it's like Fortnite, then you'd need a Rockstar account just for your PS4 title(s) and one for the rest of the platforms.

spronk

FPS noob
i ported my PS4 acct to PC so that way definitely works, not sure about PS4 <> XB1 tho or PC <> XB1 if you also have PS4

i >think< it should work since you don't maintain CURRENT stats, you can just reclone your character from one platform to another at any time

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Just read PS4 version is 105 GB, that maybe for just the pro and not regular PS4s.