Red Dead Redemption 2

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
How's God of War? I need to finish The Witcher & Shadow of the Colossus but it's between GoW and MH3 for my next purchase.

I highly recommend it. Great RPG elements, beautiful graphics, solid difficulty level, and awesome nerdy Norse mythology. It's dominated my gaming since I got it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ladro

Anomaly
I highly recommend it. Great RPG elements, beautiful graphics, solid difficulty level, and awesome nerdy Norse mythology. It's dominated my gaming since I got it.
Definitely, must play on PS4 Pro in HDR. Check the GoW thread on why, but yeah absolutely recommend it.

spronk

FPS noob
rockstar announces ultimate and special editions of the game
Rockstar Warehouse

also a collectors edition which only includes a bunch of cheap crap and no game, "for those who buy digital but still want a bunch of crap". a real life loot box basically
Rockstar Warehouse

the ultimate/special will give you extra stuff for online play, so no real big surprise where the focus of the game will be long term like GTA 5

Argarth

On the verandah
can't wait till loot boxes, mtx and p2w info gets released and this thread assplodes.

"We are convinced that we are probably from an industry view undermonetizing on a per-user basis. There is wood to chop because I think we can do more, and we can do more without interfering with our strategy of being the most creative and our ethical approach, which is delighting consumers." -- Take-Two

spronk

FPS noob
The one advantage to getting into a rockstar game at launch is they tend to be buggy as fuuuuuuck in multiplayer. There were literally dozens of cheats for GTA Online (PS4/xb1) for months, I got over 100m cash just duping my car garage for a few hours. I'm sure it'll be the same in RDR 2.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The one advantage to getting into a rockstar game at launch is they tend to be buggy as fuuuuuuck in multiplayer. There were literally dozens of cheats for GTA Online (PS4/xb1) for months, I got over 100m cash just duping my car garage for a few hours. I'm sure it'll be the same in RDR 2.
Shame it literally didn't matter when they have since had random $100m handouts, and once you've gotten an Akuma with ballistic armor you don't really need much more. Then again, I haven't played in a while.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
41364407-0210-4618-9962-8BE17E873FC9.jpeg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I heard about that physical stuff for digital only folks offer today as well. I loved having my actual physical map for when the first one came out. Buy so few hard copies now though.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looked great but IGN banned me from chat for calling out the guy on stream for giving Alien Isolation a 5/10. Viva La Resistance!

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

haha. yeah. first 10s. "wtf is with this voice over?"

Also, I ain't gunna play as no damn horse thief!

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Fairly sure that's the same narration from the same type of video they did for Red Dead 1. She sounds insanely familiar. And I didn't have a problem with it then or now. Better than what we heard from half of the companies at E3

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Narration was fine. Game looks neat, but since I my PS4 is an old brick with a HDD I'm not really interested unless they plan on bringing this to PC eventually, like GTA but unlike the first RDR.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Between this and Ghost of Tsushima, we're getting some fucking pretty games at the tail end of this console generation.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I heard about that physical stuff for digital only folks offer today as well. I loved having my actual physical map for when the first one came out. Buy so few hard copies now though.
The $99 Ultimate Addition comes with a map but I'm not sure if that is included the Digital Version. Rockstar really made the different versions confusing with this game. Seems like they are making a hard push towards digital and limiting the physical version. The pre-order map bonus which expires on 08/15 is a digital in-game bonus.

spronk

FPS noob
Just finished Red Dead Redemption 1. I really enjoyed the game, but for most of it I was just like "... eh, this game isn't bad but its certainly nothing crazy special and game mechanics wise it definitely feels 8 years old now. I wonder why people rave about it so much."

That ending tho... goddamn. Now I get it.

RDR 2 launches in a little over 2 months now, Oct 26th 2018. Highly, highly recommend doing a playthrough on an xbox one of RDR1 if you can, although I don't think its absolutely necessary since RDR 2 is actually a prequel to RDR 1. Still, I'm sure there will be tons and tons of little easter eggs and stuff for RDR fans.

Game looks and plays absolutely fantastic on X, great visuals although the lighting models got weird sometimes with it sorta flickering with sun changes which made hunting hard. Fuck bears also.

NMRCb1N.jpg

Took me a little over 30 hours to finish the game and get close to 100% stats wise but I am not even halfway through the trophy list, not gonna bother with a lot of it since its multiplayer (which is still CRAZY active, I joined a game with like 12 other people in it instantly) but even still there are tons of little easter eggs and stuff I have unfinished. Definitely a lot of fun, but I need a nice 1-2 month break before I tackle RDR 2.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users