Red Dead Redemption 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I felt exactly the opposite. The game itself was by far the best thing R* has ever done, but that ending was fucking retarded. I could have killed all those assholes with ease if the game hadn't decided that was moment that Marston's magic plot armor had to be taken away.

Then to have to play the epilogue as that insufferable prick kid was even more of a kick in the nuts.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
The ending was amazing, its the closure on the story being told. Times are changing, it is the end of a dying era and men like John just don't belong in this new world.
The best part of the ending for me is the lead up as you are doing those mundane farm quests and it really feels out of place after all the killing and thats the point.
It is using the game itself as a story telling mechanism, not telling you, not showing you, but have you play it out.

RDR2 will give us a full blown vision of this wild west era and show us what it took to survive in it and the kind of men Dutch and company were. Its going to be great.
The Dutch missions are great in RDR, he is the one that understands this the most. I can't wait to see more of him.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I didn't care too much for the ending but the rest of the game was great. Still think GTA V is the best R* game though. RDR is fantastic and is up there, but I loved all the characters in GTA V.

Jozu

They cant fuck this up.

They should be able to take the lessons they learned from the past with RDR as well as taking feedback from GTA V online experiences and combine that in order create something special.

It's basically going to be a better version of GTA V IMO, just on horseback. The gunplay mechanics should be sharp, horse riding should be better than RDR and most importantly, the setting is going to elevate this game into the stratosphere.

Wild west narrative with GTA V mechanics on modern generation platform.....cant go wrong.

And think about the possibilities this game opens up.....they could transplant this model further back in history, perhaps creating a new ip set in the 1600's or some shit, having you control an assassins creed type character (limited gun play, but expanded melee mechanics and bow and arrow) in an interesting setting, perhaps Japan? Shogun warfare in feudal Japan with GTA V type framework? Holy fuck.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
The ending was amazing, its the closure on the story being told. Times are changing, it is the end of a dying era and men like John just don't belong in this new world.
The best part of the ending for me is the lead up as you are doing those mundane farm quests and it really feels out of place after all the killing and thats the point.
It is using the game itself as a story telling mechanism, not telling you, not showing you, but have you play it out.

RDR2 will give us a full blown vision of this wild west era and show us what it took to survive in it and the kind of men Dutch and company were. Its going to be great.
The Dutch missions are great in RDR, he is the one that understands this the most. I can't wait to see more of him.

This part fucked me up. I got to do the farming stuff and thought I won without a major obvious climax. I was thinking "oh it's just free roam mode now" -- apparently that wasn't the real ending. it just felt so out of place or at least not very well indicated that there was more (for me anyway)

Is there a way to play this on the ps4 or do i have to dig out my ps3 to play it again?

spronk

FPS noob
There are 4 ways to play RDR 1

Xbox One with BC
360/ps3
Sony's PSNow streaming service on PS4/TV/PC/etc (I think you can get a free trial which should be long enough to finish the game)
on a PC with the RPCS3 PS3 emulator

I don't know how well the last one works, I kinda assumed PS3 emu on PC isn't still close to 100% but maybe its doing well? This is from a few months ago

and yeah when I first learned RDR2 was a prequel I was a bit disappointed, I don't like prequels. But after finishing RDR1 it totally makes sense, the West after 1911 isn't really a different world anymore but man late 1800s Wild West and seeing what "made" John Marston and his gang will be fantastic.

I like your idea Jozu of what Rockstar could do but lets be honest, they make 1-2 games a decade so I doubt it'll get that far. Also GTA 5 sold nearly 100m copies so far, RDR 1 sold 15m total so the two IPs aren't really that comparable, gonna be interesting to see how well RDR 2 does. They are 100% working on GTA 6 for next gen consoles, maybe Bully 2 is the other game they got cooking in between.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm patiently waiting for this game while playing Monster Hunter in the meantime. I'm excited to see what they do with the Online in this game.

Rockstar is literally printing money making these games. GTAV is still one of the highest purchased games ever, every month. And it's because of their GTA V Online.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
What most people don’t get about RDR’s ending is that John Marston is “the last enemy to be destroyed”. He knows the feds won’t stop hunting him and everything he had done was to secure a “normal” life for his wife and son so he sacrifices himself.

Look at how far the feds went to get him to do their killing, then when you have done it they come at you with the army instead of honouring the deal? Nah, he knew his family was never going to be safe while he still lived.

That’s the real tragedy, he did it all for nothing, wife dies shortly after and his son becomes a killer just like his father.

I get why people don’t like it though, he deserved a happy ending.

Anyways, I like RDR’s ending and eagerly await RDR 2.

Vorph

I've seen people say that before, but frankly I don't see how anyone could not get that about that ending unless they slept through the previous couple hours and just shut the game off without playing the epilogue at all. Not that I'd blame someone for not wanting to suffer through playing as that fucking kid, but still... they make it pretty obvious why Marston "had" to die.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I've seen people say that before, but frankly I don't see how anyone could not get that about that ending unless they slept through the previous couple hours and just shut the game off without playing the epilogue at all. Not that I'd blame someone for not wanting to suffer through playing as that fucking kid, but still... they make it pretty obvious why Marston "had" to die.
I played John Marston as a good guy, only after the end of the game when you are playing as the kid did I go full chaotic evil, tying up nuns and getting them run over by trains. Figured it was a nice "fuck you" to the government like "haha, look at the monster you created" and partly because he looked more the part of a villain, with the shitty teenage goatee. Must have been the look they were going for with Kylo Ren as well.

spronk

FPS noob
i eliminated every witness as i followed the final trail, including snipering the first guy from atop a building so no one would be able to see who did it. I also waited 3 days, alone with no food, on that roof after I talked to him so if anyone happened to overhear us, they wouldn't connect it (thank god for no CCTVs!) Yes, I killed EVERYONE as I followed the trail. EVERYONE. The greatest sacrifices require the greatest will.

It is one of the weirdest ways to end a game I've ever had, very cool though and not something Rockstar has done before or since I think. World wise I of course love the world of GTA 5 so much more, its absolutely immersive and fascinating and so huge. It'll be really cool to see what they can bring to RDR 2.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
How does RDR1 look on an Xbox One since I dont have a One X. Is it going to look like ass?

Also and not related per say is Red Dead Revolver worth playing?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Started RDR today on Xbone. It looks pretty decent not as good as One X but still plent good enough to play. I am enjoying it so far.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Red Dead Redemption 2 Cities in the game

24-1080p.jpg

1-1080p.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I am so amped for this game. With Multiplayer it's a hard choice on platform. RDR 2 on Xbox One X will probably be better in terms of performance, but all my friends are on PS Pro.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'll be playing on PS4 until it comes out on PC. There's no official PC release date yet though...but I'm definitely double dipping.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
I am so amped for this game. With Multiplayer it's a hard choice on platform. RDR 2 on Xbox One X will probably be better in terms of performance, but all my friends are on PS Pro.

tough choice for me too, but i went with Ultimate edition (physical) for X to start, I figure I want the best version for SP campaign. once I finish and mess around with MP I can double dip on PS4 if I want to.

Rockstar is also really good about cross imports, like you can take your PS3 or xbox 360 version and import it into ps4/xb1/pc, or take PS4 version and import it into PC, etc. For multiplayer cash/characters/etc. Dunno if RDR 2 will be as flexible.

• 1Like