Red Dead Redemption 2

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Now. A true professional would have included “I eat things that make a billy goat puke. Yeah. I am the best. And if you come at me on the Internet don’t forget one thing..... a good supply of body bags”.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
On a side note I’m on candy duty tonight so won’t be able to play until 7 🕺🏻

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Be very careful when using the horse autopilot. I was near Strawberry when I set a waypoint near camp and the system decided to send me into Blackwater where I'm wanted dead or alive, which was in the complete wrong direction.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So no response from Rockstar this whole time? They make millions in 3 days and are like fuck it let them all stew on it a bit?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
For the HDR thing? Yeah only answer so far is some guy on the Internet posted a support ticket response from Rockstar that they are working on fixes. But yeah no official response what so ever.

They may want to see if they can actually fix it first before saying anything. Either way, upscaling, or attempting to
Upscale SDR is a very bad thing to do and needs to be heavily called out. If only because if rockstar can get away with it, others will try to skimp too.

DethBreth

Lord Nagafen Raider
I started my game over (maybe 3 hours in )because I used the reduce wanted level cheat, and lost the ability to manually save, which I knew was going to happen, but word of advice that cheat doesn't clear bounties etc. The tutorial is brutal the second time around.

I got used to the controls, but trying to loot houses etc is tiresome, you move so slow, and sometimes trying to loot a specific item takes too long(thinking of the first shady business you encounter) Also i wish the inventory system was managed a little bit easier, once I but gun accessories like a gun bandoleer etc, it was there for good.

I find being good makes life a lot easier but even then you're treading on egg shells because the whole witness / wanted system is very awkward.

Vorph

So no response from Rockstar this whole time? They make millions in 3 days and are like fuck it let them all stew on it a bit?
The millions they made on initial box sales are nothing compared to what Take 2 expects them to make from RDR2's version of Shark Cards. I'll be a bit surprised if we single player plebs even get a patch at all between now and the beta release of online. Especially for something like HDR that seems to be a highly technical issue.

And yeah, you have to be really careful with autopilot. Ambushes still happen from other gangs and animals, you can run into NPCs and cause them to go aggressive or tag you with a bounty, etc.

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I was riding past a guy trying to fix the shoe on his horse, I greeted him, he turned and said howdy and the horse kicked him in the head and he died.

$20 bounty. Lolwut?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
There is a reason I like Redneck Redemption

yabird.gif

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I was riding past a guy trying to fix the shoe on his horse, I greeted him, he turned and said howdy and the horse kicked him in the head and he died.

$20 bounty. Lolwut?

Hahaha that happened to me too.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Hmmm that may explain how I got my horse today. I have been using remote play and leaving it paused a lot while working. I was going from A to B, not by auto pilot, and passed someone working on horseshoes for a horse on the side of the road. I didn't talk to him or whatever, honestly I was scanning (still am) for rabbits trying to get perfect pelts. Anyways, i was chasing rabbits for a bit, paused for a meeting, came back and unpaused and went towards the road and there was a pretty upgraded Thoroughbred horse with a saddle on it standing in the road, no NPCs anywhere near it. I got it to level 1 and slapped my saddle on it immediately. It's like twice the stats of what I have been using this whole time!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

$20 bounty. Lolwut?

Odd, I had that today and didn't get a bounty and I even looted the guy.

Vorph

It's like twice the stats of what I have been using this whole time!
You didn't go pick up your Ardennes (preorder warhorse) or dappled black thoroughbred (special edition) from the Valentine stable?

Odd, I had that today and didn't get a bounty and I even looted the guy.
Same, I've come across that event twice now and nothing bad happened (to me). Was kind of surprised the events can repeat, but I wasn't complaining when the snake bite one happened twice too. Not going to say no to another free gun.

--------------------------

Anyone know if all the different horse gear you buy or craft has the same stats? I've mostly been using the special edition saddle and a couple of the ones from the trapper that come as a complete package, but wasn't sure if they were the same as buying saddle, stirrups, blankets, etc. individually from the stables. Sadly there's almost no info about horse gear in the guide at all.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Thanks to whoever pointed out that the PS4 caches 15 minutes of gameplay. Now I can show you just how Arthur will bend over backwards to get his tonics:

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Thanks to whoever pointed out that the PS4 caches 15 minutes of gameplay.

You can actually increase it far past 15 minutes. I think it can be adjusted in settings up to an hour.

I bumped mine up to 30 minutes. A lot of times I'll be playing online multiplayer, some crazy shit will go down that I want to record, but I don't have the time to hit the share button because I'm still in the thick of it. Bumping up the time limit helps alleviate that issue

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Re: the graphical issues and quality differences between PS4/PS4 Pro/XBOX1X, missing commentary about HDR, though.

So... I should pick up either an XboxOneX or a PS4Pro? Or merely my choice based on other games out for those systems?