Red Dead Redemption 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I know it’s not like Vader being Luke’s father, but I think this is still comfortably in spoiler tag territory broseph.

The game came out 2 months ago. That's fine.

I guess what I should really say is I could give a fuck about the issues with RDO. The Single Player game of RDR2 is in my opinion one of the greatest things ever created. The interactions, the animals, the story, all 10/10. Yes you can hate on the controls but this isn't an FPS and killing other people is stupidly easy even if they were better. That's not really what the game is about even though a lot of of the fun in the game is how you can get away with it.

Anyway, a lot still left to do and go to so again I'm still getting my monies worth whether RDO is good or not.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Wanted to share this little bit of fun. Was casing a ranchers place to rob it, it comes out threatens me, shoot him. Hear some pigs in a pen around the corner. Hmm can I Mr. Woo his body? Toss it in the pen, and yup in 2 minutes half his body is eaten.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Wanted to share this little bit of fun. Was casing a ranchers place to rob it, it comes out threatens me, shoot him. Hear some pigs in a pen around the corner. Hmm can I Mr. Woo his body? Toss it in the pen, and yup in 2 minutes half his body is eaten.

Last ranch I robbed I Hogg tied the occupants and threw them in the lake or river, lol

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
half his body is eaten.

757.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just finished chapter 6. Arthur deserved better, fucking Micah.

Yeah, the way they ended his arc was really really unsatisfying. With that said though, they at least make things somewhat right at the end of the epilogues. Stick with it, it's worth it.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't imagine they have snap aim targeting in online mode? But if not, I can't imagine being able to hit anything, ever.

How does that work?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I can't imagine they have snap aim targeting in online mode? But if not, I can't imagine being able to hit anything, ever.

How does that work?

They do have snap aim targeting. But it aims to the body, not the head, and it's not a steady lock. So there is definitely room for skill to differentiate players.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"...Take-Two, meanwhile, argue that use of the word is justified on the grounds of historical accuracy, since in the actual west the Pinkertons were doing exactly what they’re shown as doing in the game. They’ve now filed a suit of their own, seeking to have the game’s Pinkerton agents declared as fair use.
The publisher’s suit also points out that the Pinkertons are referenced throughout media, from Deadwood to Bioshock Infinite to a Weezer album that the agency also tried (and failed) to sue..."

• 2Like

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
OK this is starting to piss me off:

I'm playing storymode, chapter 3 or something, and riding towards my next mission.
There's a gang of somethingsomething bandits and I defend myself, killing them in the process.
I don't even loot them, just walk over to collect bullets, and go on my way. Five hundred meters later I get the "witness!" thing and am wanted. I of course leave the area and lie low for a minute. All clear. Go further towards my objective and suddenly they have me, cops are coming, and I defend myself again. Now this time they have dogs and the fucker just bites me to death. I DID NOTHING WRONG THE BANDITS SHOT FIRST.

Fucking Fuck and all while trying to play as a good guy.

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Finally beat the game. Jesus, it took a lot longer than I expected, which is a nod to how much "side/living" content is in this game.

As stated numerous times, there are quite a few annoyances with this game; controls, the witness system, the inventory system, little too many "chore" missions etc etc etc... But when this game starts to wrap-up, it is absolutely incredible, and for me, far overrides some extremely annoying mechanics. One of the very few games you can just aimlessly wonder around in and still be in awe, or surprised at the detail.

Guarma could've been worse, but was still hamfisted and stupid.

The epilogue, while very boring at times, did a really good job of world-building into RDR1.

I thought Arthur's ending was actually quite fitting for his arc, sadly. Arthur is a tragedy, and I think he gets his "redemption" in his own, tragic way.

RDR1 remaster in this world, even just a shortened version would be absolutely amazing. Seems very possible?

I wish there would've been a little more creativity in some of the missions, but it is a game set in 1898, so there is that.

One of the best games ever made, and really one of the richest entertainment experiences (when paired with RDR1) you could have. Boy it was fucking annoying at times, but what a game.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Get to Saint Denis and ball out on the Arabian horse. Buy all the upgrades. Spend a significant portion of my wallet. Leave town on my new ride. Immediately get ambushed by bounty hunters. Horse gets killed followed by me getting blasted. Lose horse forever. Fuck. Only horse I've lost in the game so far.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Get to Saint Denis and ball out on the Arabian horse. Buy all the upgrades. Spend a significant portion of my wallet. Leave town on my new ride. Immediately get ambushed by bounty hunters. Horse gets killed followed by me getting blasted. Lose horse forever. Fuck. Only horse I've lost in the game so far.

I believe you can go back into the wild and re-acquire the White Arabian horse? Not for sure, but seen it mentioned somewhere before.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Takes a little patience and loading save games sometimes to get it to spawn, but you’re correct. Sounds like he wasn’t talking about the tamed Arabian but the purchased kind.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah I bought the black one from the Saint Denis stable. I know there's a white one you can tame close to the legendary buffalo but I didn't feel like waiting for the spawn. Plus that's way the fuck out there.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
i always save after every litle quest, this game is not forgiving for just balling full out all the time.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Imagine if they transplanted this game to like ancient China, with heavy bow use instead of guns, and many more melee weapons. Would be incredible, they could carbon copy this model to almost any time frame and make it work.

• 1Solidarity