Red Notice

Goatface

2.80 star(s) Rating: 2.80/5 5 Votes
Title: Red Notice

Genre: Action, Comedy, Crime, Adventure, Thriller

Director: Rawson Marshall Thurber

Cast: Dwayne Johnson, Gal Gadot, Ryan Reynolds, Ritu Arya, Chris Diamantopoulos, Steve Eifert, Melissa Kennemore, Ivan Mbakop, Christopher Cocke, Evan A. Dunn

Plot: An interpol agent tracks the world's most wanted art thief.

Goatface

supposedly netflix biggest film yet with a budget from $160m to $200m

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
i mean thats a cool cast but also kinda dumb, there is no fucking way The Rock, Gal Gadot, and Ryan Reynolds would be walking around IRL without someone stopping them every 5 seconds to offer them some pussy or dick

it does basically sound like Entrapment 2020, aka the movie where Catherina Zeta Jones hustles her great ass through a laser field while Sean Connery watches

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
supposedly netflix biggest film yet with a budget from $160m to $200m
I don't know how this plays into it, but Universal and Legendary made the movie, Netflix just bought the distribution rights from Universal after it got Covided out of a 2020 theatrical release window.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Yeah. Probably part of a bundle of "never gonna see a cinematic release"-garbage that Netflix is taking off Universal's hand.

No way they paid Universal/Legendary even close to what Universal/Legendary may have decided to throw at The Rock/Reynolds/Gadot in the early summer of 2018, fresh of Jumanji/Deadpool 2/WW1.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Out November 12th on select theatres and Netflix.

Would avoid the trailer. I feel like I've seen most of the movie.

Will watch it. Looks exactly like what you would expect with the cast. A buddy heist movie all playing their expected roles.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I like Rock, I like Reynolds, I like Gadot. I don't really give a fuck about watching a female power movie. I like Salt a lot but Angelina didn't do insane martial arts shit vs men twice her size. Fuck this movie, will not watch.

• 1Salty
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I like Rock, I like Reynolds, I like Gadot. I don't really give a fuck about watching a female power movie. I like Salt a lot but Angelina didn't do insane martial arts shit vs men twice her size. Fuck this movie, will not watch.
Neat

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This was alright. I'd give it a solid 7/10. It did feel like a phone in movie for this cast, and especially for how much they spent on the movie. It's fine for something to watch if you are in for an actiony heist movie. You shouldn't feel the need to rush out and watch it though. Watch Arcane first.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I watched it
- It's brain dead entertainment. As in, you really need to let your mind turn off the "but what about?" questions regarding plot, what could/would happen and such.
- It takes a lot of shortcuts in terms of events. The last part of the movie made me laugh. It's so .....
- The plot and characters are minimalistic as they can possibly be and still be called plot / characters.
- Writers don't like dads very much? Almost any and all character "bonding" is done through "my dad was horrible. Mine too!"
- It's very PG13. No real blood, and everyone is "ok". Get slammed into a rock from a moving car, little more than a "oof".

Set up for a sequel, but this is a one and done type of movie. People will tune into it for the cast, but I don't understand how this movie would "make" money. In a theatrical sense, I don't see how it could not flop. It's not a movie that I'd ever recommend anyone going to the theatre for.

It's OK at its best and hovers around mediocre to bad for the rest. Ryan and Dwayne both have several good and fun buddy movies in their past, but this movie is probably the worst one for both of them.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database