Red Notice

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
This is definitely a movie that you will probably enjoy watching, and if someone asked you something about it in 3 months, you would recall almost nothing about it.

The Rock, Gal Gadot and Ryan Reynolds just play Archetypes of what you would expect from those 3 actors in a movie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is definitely a movie that you will probably enjoy watching, and if someone asked you something about it in 3 months, you would recall almost nothing about it.

The Rock, Gal Gadot and Ryan Reynolds just play Archetypes of what you would expect from those 3 actors in a movie.
Ryan Reynolds plays himself, like he does in most movies now. Imagine getting paid millions to just look good and be yourself.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
5.5/10
The cast helped with the 5.5
Reynolds is funny and Gadot is smoking. The rest was meh. The Interpol chick was damn fine too.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Enjoyable for what it is meant to be, but forgettable. The only reason to watch this really is for the cast. They all deliver on what you expect from them not much else.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Enjoyable for what it is meant to be, but forgettable. The only reason to watch this really is for the cast. They all deliver on what you expect from them not much else.
I think this amounts to an acceptable movie though (in theory, I haven't watched it).

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol so Reynolds has basically been Deadpool in every movie he’s been in since Deadpool. Is he basically thinking well if I’m going to get typecast I may as well go whole hog .
Bit disappointed in Rock, I mean plot was garbage and I don’t expect any acting chops from wonderwoman, but I’ve seen rock ham it up better in cheesy movies in the past. He’s no Antony Hopkins but really felt like he phoned it in here

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ryan Reynolds plays himself, like he does in most movies now. Imagine getting paid millions to just look good and be yourself.
This might be one of the truest things ever said in a movie thread.

This movie went hard on the Wilhelm screams. It was a decent popcorn flick, but as said, you really have to turn your brain off.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>

Imagine?

But yes, we are entering an age of stars who are all essentially just being paid to play themselves, playing a character, playing themselves...

I think it started for our generation with Will Smith. But in this movie it seems that both Johnson and Reynolds are essentially just being themselves. Like Samuel L Jackson in anything he's in.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Imagine?

But yes, we are entering an age of stars who are all essentially just being paid to play themselves, playing a character, playing themselves...

I think it started for our generation with Will Smith. But in this movie it seems that both Johnson and Reynolds are essentially just being themselves. Like Samuel L Jackson in anything he's in.
It has been this way for a while. When was the last time Nicolson, Deniro, Pacino played anyone but themselves?

It is more visible today because studios refuse to cast anyone but the same 9 people over and over and over. The only thing a modern movie changes is the title of the movie. Dune, for instance, is not much more than a Star Wars/MCU crossover. I'm surprised Pratt wasn't in it, but I bet they had him hidden away in there somewhere.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It was good for a Netflix movie. I would say 6.5 or 7/10. Nothing amazing but enjoyable and completely forgettable.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
This was the first big budget movie written entirely by an algorithm.

• 1Worf

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Imagine?

Right but the one guy that can get away with it is Reynolds. The Rock just played himself as well, but he's far less entertaining.

j00t

Right but the one guy that can get away with it is Reynolds. The Rock just played himself as well, but he's far less entertaining.
The Rock Shut Up GIF by WWE

but seriously, very few actors these days play anything other than caricatures of themselves. hiring directors don't so much care about characters, they want names that people recognize.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It has been this way for a while. When was the last time Nicolson, Deniro, Pacino played anyone but themselves?

It is more visible today because studios refuse to cast anyone but the same 9 people over and over and over. The only thing a modern movie changes is the title of the movie. Dune, for instance, is not much more than a Star Wars/MCU crossover. I'm surprised Pratt wasn't in it, but I bet they had him hidden away in there somewhere.
Deniro is a hard core leftist. He doesnt play that in films. From what I have read, Reynolds acts like this is real life. He is a cutup and a jokester.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Meh wife and I watched it last night - I thought it was good enough and fairly funny.

• 1Like

Maul

Dental Dammer
Enjoyed this for what it is, Gadot is a goddess which helps.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

j00t

it was a fun little popcorn flick. sometimes movies can be just that. nothing in the movie offended me or tried to lecture me about my beliefs. the 3 stars are all charismatic enough that they can keep you interested in the movie despite the plot being just along for the ride.

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Enjoyed this for what it is, Gadot is a goddess which helps.
Indeed,

But

Rita Arya was pretty damn hot as well.

1637089263858.png

The movie was fun. Nice popcorn flick that was what it was.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like