Red Notice

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fun to watch if you like the people in it being themselves, nothing more than that.

I will say I had my brain shatter the glass on it when you see Gadot throwing the Rock around pyhsically in the vault. He has probably 100-150lb's of muscle on her and she's not a world strongwoman, bitch how you gonna lift that weight let alone move it more than an inch :emoji_sweat_smile:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Except Gadot's character was annoying as fuck, and randomly showing up to pwn the boys. Sure, at the end it's made clear why, or if you've figured out the twist you'd understand, but still annoying. Plus that 5min scene where she fights Rock+Deadpool. Fucking really, gtfo with that shit. She would break her leg into 10 pieces if she kicked Rock, let alone him being sent flying.
That Interpol chick was hot while Gadot is still a pretty plank. Surprisingly watchable movie, didn't even think of alt+F4 it.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will say I had my brain shatter the glass on it when you see Gadot throwing the Rock around pyhsically in the vault. He has probably 100-150lb's of muscle on her and she's not a world strongwoman, bitch how you gonna lift that weight let alone move it more than an inch :emoji_sweat_smile:

Except Gadot's character was annoying as fuck, and randomly showing up to pwn the boys. Sure, at the end it's made clear why, or if you've figured out the twist you'd understand, but still annoying. Plus that 5min scene where she fights Rock+Deadpool. Fucking really, gtfo with that shit. She would break her leg into 10 pieces if she kicked Rock, let alone him being sent flying.

Really? Hello? Just because she was not wearing her normal uniform...

1637201080040.png

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
gal gadot being able to throw the rock around had a narrative reason. /shrug

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah which you discover by the end, if you didn't suspect it early, it just looks really off putting as its happening like ".... really?"

I could buy her taking Ryan Reynolds in a fight though

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Half the budget is just their salaries. Rock made a big deal about how he fought for GG to get the same money as him and Reynolds.

I mean, GG should be paid the same as Rock and Reynolds. They're all sharing top-billing. Personally she's the main reason I'd watch this and I suspect that's true of a lot of dudes.

Now whether they're all completely overpaid is another point entirely and the answer is Yes.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Lol so Reynolds has basically been Deadpool in every movie he’s been in since Deadpool. Is he basically thinking well if I’m going to get typecast I may as well go whole hog .
Bit disappointed in Rock, I mean plot was garbage and I don’t expect any acting chops from wonderwoman, but I’ve seen rock ham it up better in cheesy movies in the past. He’s no Antony Hopkins but really felt like he phoned it in here
Ryan is basically Deadpool in every bit of media he's on now. Talk shows, commercials, etc. It's incredible.

I'd watch any Ryan Reynolds movie to see him as Deadpool in it. It's that good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
This was the first big budget movie written entirely by an algorithm.

Oh nice, they got the Awesome-O 5000 working?

"...and then Gal Gadot like... kicks The Rock... and he like... flies across the room, and stuff."

• 1Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Ryan is basically Deadpool in every bit of media he's on now. Talk shows, commercials, etc. It's incredible.
Its nice he finally found something that works. Not like anyone remembers Blade 3 or whatever wolverine movie he was in with fondness.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
I think he meant to quote wolverine not blade 3. He definitely wasnt deadpool in blade 3. But yes blade 3 had triple H? as one of the bad guys and jessica biel.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Guess no one here ever saw Van Wilder? Reynolds has always had the same humor his whole career. It just took him being in Deadpool for people to think thats where it came from. Guy is entertaining and Ill watch anything hes in.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
reynolds has always been deadpool. it's arguable that current comic deadpool is based on ryan reynolds. original deadpool was a nobody villian that ripped off deathstroke wholesale.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
I think of it as being given a blank check to go full sarcastic asshole. That or maybe deadpool was finally the character that matched his style so it made sense. It certainly wasnt green lantern.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Finally got around to watching this. Thought it was just a good ride along the way. Glad I watched it but will never watch it again. Looking forward to a part 2.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Movie was dogwater.

Ryan Reynolds playing himself is tired.

Gal Gadots accent made an appearence.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Guess no one here ever saw Van Wilder? Reynolds has always had the same humor his whole career. It just took him being in Deadpool for people to think thats where it came from. Guy is entertaining and Ill watch anything hes in.
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just another in the long line of Netflix movies where they buy a bad script and try to save it with big name actors.

It's not unwatchable but it's not very good either.