Red99

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The exp bonus here is really nice, especially in groups. You should def try it out!
How much time did it take you to go from 1-5, 5-10, 10-15, etc. ?

Would love to see TFO on this server. Give some competition to the neckbeards.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
1-7 was about 2 hours or so. Was by no means a power grind either and I'm untwinked atm .

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just curious, with levels so quickly it = killing less mobs = less pp, which = pain to purchase spells as a caster class?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Got my monk going now! Goal for tonight is level 10!
Hot damn we've hooked a Zaide.

I got him a big stick (31/37) cuz he's too big a name to not put out big hits. EDIT: he did his 1-7 before I got him the stick, god knows what will happen now.

I highly suggest you guys organize some groups, class comps and common play times. The group xp bonus on red really pays off and the levels fly. I got binds/ports and whatever hand outs I can manage and power leveling too when we have entire open days and my schedule is good. If I'm not around, <Fresh> can maybe get you invited / over to Faydark (best ZEM!).

Holo invites and pvp training open to all dedicated players. This server, unlike blue, has no 15+ hour spawn time variance so you won't be spending 40 hours a week tracking (to compete with dkp) then logging in at 4am for a kill. Raids are very commonly at prime time. We take attendance but closely monitor performance/need when awarding loot. Droppables are very commonly handed down (Colgate giving out his Tranix crown after looting a Crown of Rile for instance).

If you are coming over, I do suggest you all join <Fresh> just to have some pals to chat with, find ports and groups. You can message those guys for invites. I also recently got access to a jeweler so I can do that for you guys given what plat you can round up (there's plat guides for p99 on google).

It isdefinitely, definitely, definitelythe best time to play on red and its not even Velious yet. Come secure your seat at the right hand of King Tormax. We WILL do it big!

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I've got a gang of characters 1-40 all with names that are some variation of Flobee. If you end up starting look me up, I may not be able to twink ya but I prob have something I can group with you on.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Flo, Nirgon got me ported and bound in Faydark. Exp in CB is nice. Try to head over, after tonight we can probably hit Unrest.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I got on but instantly have some gnomes trying to gank me at the zoneline while I'm fighting Orcs.

Mahulk_sl

shitlord
Torn between healer or caster... always been front row, want to try something different. Cleric, Druid, Enchanter or Wizard... Anyway to know what the population looks like? Are there any shortage of one of those classes (probably not Druid if its like blue)?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Any of those is awesome, don't forget Necro though!

So tomorrow is like my last day to play until this Sunday. Then I've got two weeks of grinding.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Torn between healer or caster... always been front row, want to try something different. Cleric, Druid, Enchanter or Wizard... Anyway to know what the population looks like? Are there any shortage of one of those classes (probably not Druid if its like blue)?
Just about everyone has a druid (for good reason, may be worth rolling on as first character!) From my (limited) understanding of pvp all the classes you listed are strong with Wizard and Cleric probably being strongest at 60. Like any other server heals tend to be the shortage until you invite one, then 3 more show up... similarly with tanks. Just play what you will find fun (or something to farm with if thats your thing) and you will be good to go.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I got 17 tonight, planning to get 20 tomorrow night then I won't be back on for four days.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Look me up on red. Names are Faversham and Metnem.

Definitely the best time to start and play red.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
shaman is insanely good
smile.png

Cleric if your crew doesn't have one for sure

Oh... and we LOVE rogues (they make xp fly too!)

Shaman + rogue + monk is dope. Monk tanks close, shaman roots/slows, rogue dps from max melee range. You can keep the shaman pet on melee mobs full time then just send it in when a mob starts casting/back it off after bash to keep casters usually pinned down (back off so bash is always up when you send it in).

Or you can bard swarm xp
smile.png
... bards are pretty godly pvp too.

Chakravartin_sl

shitlord
Prices on red seem real fucking high compared to blue. I take it if you don't join the big guild you have no chance of getting group loot from places like Sebilis without being zerged and camped