Red99

Mahulk_sl

shitlord
Finally got a good group going without too much PvP to hinder it and people coming to keep group full for a few hours. Got my cleric from 22 to 28. Still struggling for money and wearing Patchwork armor from turning in CB belts last week... Had to de-guild to be able to group. Some people just attack you on sight even if you are their healer. Between guild hate and people outleveling each other groups have been pretty scarce for me so far and they usually dont last very long (people leaving after 15 minutes or PvP destroying the group).

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The groups for me (outside of the rerolled crew) have been hit and miss. Sometimes I spend half an hour or more just getting to the group, only to have it wash out 5 minutes after arriving. Other times you are in a group with absolute noobies. I am not even sure how people who are clueless to EQ find their way to an obscure 15+ year old MMO on an Emulator in the first place. I honestly had a guy who was ported to WC to join us in SolB. The guy couldnt make his way from Commons to Nek, nor to Lava, let alone into the dungeon. Didn't have a clue.

Just when your hopes are just about lost, you find that rock star group and do some heavy leveling. I sat in a MM group the other night and went from 34 to 41 in one sitting with only a single replacement the entire time. We were there for hours, but with the perfect group dynamic, the fast paced pulls / kills, and massive xp mod to zone and full group, it was just a pure leveling fest.

After dicking around the next day with halfass groups getting nothing accomplished, I later had a pretty decent group in LGuk last night with Flobee and Agraza with a few randoms. It wasn't the best ever setup, but we managed to keep a significant portion of Frenzy and a few other named locked down. That one group session brought me from 41 to 44.

Just keep at it, keep a solid friends list when you find competent people to group with and keep in touch. I go out of my way to Clarity damn near every stranger I see. I figure goodwill might keep me from pvp ragers as long as possible. I am not sure who you were guilded with to get all that hate? Most of us that have recently started are with Fresh. I can't say I have been targeted by anyone out of guild spite whatsoever.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Yea I've had very little pvp grief. Shit my warrior was on the wrong end of her first YT at level 52... At the NFP bank of all places, but I play like a pussy most of the time

Mahulk_sl

shitlord
After two 3+ hours grind I managed to level up to 34 starting from 22.
Also made enough money to buy the important spells I needed (24, 29, 34, 39).
So I would say it pays to hang on.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Dinged 31 last night with Mahulka. What a difference it makes grouping with forum pals.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
So, I guess as an Enchanter it is pretty difficult to actually kill someone in pvp unless I have a charm pet up at the time. I just do not have the mana to sit and nuke someone down with my piddly magic nukes. However, I have found that I can lock people down with Tash, Blind, Mez, Root, etc. Aside from that, I haven't found the way to actually take people down.

Advice from the pvp pros?

Btw, level 44 now.
Like I said in my previous post, it's very hard to get kills with a chanter. The cure disease shield Big Flex is talking about makes chanters pretty fucking dominant at controlling pvp, but actually getting kills by yourself is very difficult.

That said, enchanters are beasts at group or even duo pvp. Your ability to pillage buffs and your unresistable mez can turn the tide in group pvp. On SZ, opponent chanters were often our first targets when we were fighting another guild for zone control.

If you have a nuker buddy like a wiz, you guys can make an insane pvp duo.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Dinged 31 last night with Mahulka. What a difference it makes grouping with forum pals.
Absolutely. And like I keep preaching, it pays off big time to circle back or level an alt with an up and comer.

I haven't been able to help with PLing as much as I would like to recently (I was there for Zaide's original monk Adversary as much as I could) but I'm taking my own advice and circling back to help up some pals... which I imagine will pay off one way or another. I realize that even if the guys I'm directly helping don't make it, a few from that group will, and I'll in turn have more people to group with on my main.

I'm only one guy but if you work together and help each other out, the leveling up is a breeze and pretty fun.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I found I had much better luck once I started forming and controlling the groups.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I have a ring of the ancients I'll MQ one of you guys on a mule account next weekend, send me a PM

Agraza

Registered Hutt
The class priorities for Holo still the same? The OP of your guild's thread hasn't been edited in months.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Know a bard that sells loot rights to peg cloak for his income. Seems like a decent way to make cash.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Guards in HHK are farm able from 32-40 and drop fine steel and plat. One of the merchants is beta neutral so he'll sell to anyone.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have a ring of the ancients I'll MQ one of you guys on a mule account next weekend, send me a PM
God dammit, I just paid ~4300 for one.
mad.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guards in HHK are farm able from 32-40 and drop fine steel and plat. One of the merchants is beta neutral so he'll sell to anyone.
I never see anyone XP on the HHK guards, which is crazy considering the ZEM, decent respawn, plat / vendor loot, and there being a merchant in the zone. This place was always part of the golden xp path for quick leveling.

Everyone seems to be too concerned with nuking their faction when I tried to form groups there. There are goblin groups at lower levels, but no one wants to touch the guards.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The class priorities for Holo still the same? The OP of your guild's thread hasn't been edited in months.
Our class priority is to get more of everyone of every class on the server

Play what makes you happy, app up

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Had my first experience with PVP tonight. Got ganked while engaged on two mobs...