Relocating to Orlando Florida

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It is looking like work is going to relocate me to Orlando Florida in a couple months. I have never been to Florida or Orlando. Any advice on what area's to avoid and things to do or great places to eat would be appreciated.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Avoid swimming in man made ponds.

Other than that, a friend of mine just relocated there. He's been there about 3 weeks. I'll try to get some info.

Oh, and it's hot. Real hot.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I have a friend who moved there and loves it but she's a really attractive woman who works at some outlandish touristy nightclub. So I guess if you like to party like a girl in her 20s it's a nice place.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I have a friend who moved there and loves it but she's a really attractive woman who works at some outlandish touristy nightclub. So I guess if you like to party like a girl in her 20s it's a nice place.
pics

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Just Google search for Mango's nightclub and see the ladies that work there.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I never really understood Orlando. FL kind of sucks as it is but central FL? No thanks.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never really understood Orlando. FL kind of sucks as it is but central FL? No thanks.

Cheap land to build theme parks. Blew up from there.

Before that I imagine it was an orange and cattle processing town, but I am not a Carl Hiassen level of Florida history.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Florida is low on the places I've wanted to live . I want to stay with my company though and all my co-workers in Orlando love it. I'm hoping it's not awful but I have my doubts. I'm kind of liking Houston but I've not been here long.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Florida is low on the places I've wanted to live . I want to stay with my company though and all my co-workers in Orlando love it. I'm hoping it's not awful but I have my doubts. I'm kind of liking Houston but I've not been here long.

You'll love Florida. It's fucking great. Added bonus, you get so inundated with FloridaMan stories it is hard not to smile at the shit people will actually do.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

How long of a commute you comfortable with? Quality of life goes up drastically with a 45 min commute to either side.

Shit, here in Brevard we'll have a dragon statue looking over one of the points again soon.

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/n...ition-project-begins-merritt-island/99464212/

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
FL doesn't sound great but it sounds infinitely better than Houston.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
45 minutes may be okay. I wouldn't want any more than that. I basically drive 45 minutes now due to traffic.

More opportunity and things to do in Houston than Orlando. Most people are not relocating because of that. This is the energy sector capital.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Honestly, man Orlando is pretty rad. The people are for the most part all super happy and nice and easy going. Bonus chicks are mostly smokin.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's basically 5 states in one, each area is a different vibe.

You counting the Keys as a "state"? I've normally heard it referred to as 6 - Panhandle, JAX/Daytona, Space/Treasure Coast, Central, Miami, Gulf-side (Naples/etc), Keys.

And even that discounts outlying "smaller" regions like Ocala.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I tried to convince my wife to move to Orlando just so we could go to the theme parks all the time but she wasn't having it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You counting the Keys as a "state"? I've normally heard it referred to as 6 - Panhandle, JAX/Daytona, Space/Treasure Coast, Central, Miami, Gulf-side (Naples/etc), Keys.

And even that discounts outlying "smaller" regions like Ocala.

Ahem, sir. We are a Republic.

nch_republic_avoid_fakes_classic_round_sticker-rbc833f4df8434233940e2dd79281ae83_v9wth_8byvr_324.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I tried to convince my wife to move to Orlando just so we could go to the theme parks all the time but she wasn't having it.

Heh my wife wanted to stay when we went down in April for Disney. Stayed at Grand Floridian. I can't stress enough, arriving there and interacting with people all over the place were the god damn polar opposite of these passive aggressive miserable "Gender is Not Binary" t shirt wearing fucks here in brooklyn.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user