Remnant 2

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
How does co-op work in regards to different players campaign progress? I've joined a couple games for the Great Sewers dungeon, and the boss kill doesn't update my own progress at all. Is there something I need to do after the boss kill other than move to the next checkpoint?
When you join a specific person it only progresses their completion of the story or whatever. I think you only get access to whatever their world roll is, and a chance to see content or maybe get access to a weapons and stuff.

I could be mistaken. My two friends were playing with me in my first world which is the alien robot place, and we finally beat the boss, and apparently I picked the decision to make the guy 10 times harder. I think we wiped 20 or 30 times. Got some goofy poison Hammer from it. Still a lot of fun.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
PSA...

If the game is being weird and you try to do a repair on the install, it'll really screw everything up and you'll probably lose your character. Buddy was you getting weird lag during a boss battle even though he's got a nice machine, shut the game down that didn't fix it and went ahead and repaired the installation, and it completely deleted his character. We're guessing it over wrote his save file or something.

Apparently this was an issue with the first game, so heads up.
Never heard of that about the first. But assuming it's similar there's probably profile and save .bak files he can recover in %appdata%

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Also something to keep in mind about save files is that the game doesn't support Steam cloud saves. So don't go expecting to use the same character on multiple PCs or PC & Steam Deck. Seems kind of bizarre that Valve doesn't make cloud saves a hard requirement to get something verified for Steam Deck in the first place. (Though with the current state of performance I can't imagine playing it on a Steam Deck anyway... sub 30fps even at 720p + FSR ultra performance would be a hard no.)

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Never heard of that about the first. But assuming it's similar there's probably profile and save .bak files he can recover in %appdata%
Its bizarre. He can't even interact with the steam friends list to try and join our game, nor can we invite him to ours. It's the oddest thing I've ever seen when it comes to the platform, and none of us have ever seen something like this with the countless games everryone has played. it might be some issue with the cloud save deal that Vorph Vorph mentioned, who knows? Sucks because we were having a lot of fun today, and we're trying to resolve the issue now.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did the Nightweaver boss last night. Holy shit was that hard. It probably took us at least an hour of wipes to clear (playing on veteran).

There are definitely some fun and interesting boss fights in this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did some quick testing and apparently having a sub-class splits your exp. So if you're looking to level something fast, best to unequip the second one.

• 1Like

Vorph

Armor sets bonuses are no longer tied to armor.
What did you mean by this? Far as I can tell armor was just completely gutted in the sequel. There are no set bonuses at all, armor can't be upgraded, etc. All that really matters is keeping your encumbrance in the green so your roll isn't gimped. Def and resists don't really seem to reduce damage taken by a huge amount so just wearing whatever you like the look of isn't really that much worse than min-maxing the exact combination of gear with the highest def that is right on the limit for normal rolling.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What did you mean by this? Far as I can tell armor was just completely gutted in the sequel. There are no set bonuses at all, armor can't be upgraded, etc. All that really matters is keeping your encumbrance in the green so your roll isn't gimped. Def and resists don't really seem to reduce damage taken by a huge amount so just wearing whatever you like the look of isn't really that much worse than min-maxing the exact combination of gear with the highest def that is right on the limit for normal rolling.
This is hearsay but I think they put set bonuses in another form, maybe relics? Or maybe they got rid of set bonuses all together?

I'll be hopping on this tomorrow. Finishing up dlc of the first one today and it's just stupid to throw away the extra 20 to play tonight.

Vorph

This is hearsay but I think they put set bonuses in another form, maybe relics? Or maybe they got rid of set bonuses all together?
The relic has three slots for some extremely minor bonuses, and there's also a 'mutation' slot on weapons. Wouldn't really call them a replacement for set bonuses though.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Someone found a 9th archetype.
We're actually up to 11. Pretty wild. Think the YouTube types are behind.

Starter ones:
Challenger
Handler
Hunter
Medic

Unlocked:
Gunslinger
Summoner
Alchemist
Explorer
Engineer
Archon
Invader

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A random joined my game for Bloat King, got past it easily. Then we went on an hours long journey. Game is really good, especially since it appeals to my "explore everything, everywhere" nature when playing a game like this. Truly, if you liked the first one, this is a must buy.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Only thing I don't love is that your power level is determined by your highest weapon.

It seems like this time they've kind of gone with a "you can make a single character and do everything on it" style, but if I play without my regular group, I'll overlevel my weapons.

Druss

Trakanon Raider
Question, I am having issues with the game auto swapping my weapons when i dont want it to, it this just the way it plays? Like i am playing the melee char but if im trying to use my guns it auto swaps to my sword even when im not that close to the mobs. Damn pissing me off and i dont see any options to stop it. And there should be a way to change to whatever weapon i want to use when i want to use them not when the game decides it wants me to swap.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
If you don't aim with right mouse button it goes to melee. There's no hip firing in the game. At least I don't think there is.

• 1Like

Druss

Trakanon Raider
If you don't aim with right mouse button it goes to melee. There's no hip firing in the game. At least I don't think there is.
Lol i never heard of such crap!, ive not got the muscle mem to constantly hold aim, its that way for all the classes that are more ranged combat?

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Lol i never heard of such crap!, ive not got the muscle mem to constantly hold aim, its that way for all the classes that are more ranged combat?
Yeah took me a little bit to get used to. I've only played the medic so far so I don't know if that's how it works for all classes.

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's probably good to squeeze every inch of upgrade towards your main range weapon first. With a mod. Because there are bosses here and there with some crazy difficulty spike and the longer the battle, the most likely you die.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I had a cool event happen in Morrow Parish, but it bugged out and I didn't get the reward:
Unlocking the Alchemist requires that you find a storm drain / broken crating and have one of those wererat things grab you and take you to its nest. Kill it after you wake up and you get the item that unlocks the Alchemist. My luck is that I was chasing a wererat to one of those crating drains things, it came out just as another wererat tried to grab me...so it missed, lol. Been trying to have that happen again for a couple hours now, no luck. Kinda pissed.