Remnant: From the Ashes

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't know the exact levels but they are really low. I expected it would be 5/10/15/20 for the four worlds, but it's more like 5/7/9/11/12 (end boss). I barely upgraded at all after the iron tier because I wanted to leave myself the option to upgrade if I ran into a boss I couldn't kill, which just never really happened. IIRC I did the final boss with +10 stuff, maybe a couple things slightly higher from what little galvanized I had found by then, and had a single downward arrow on both weapons and armor.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
If you hit R on the gear screen you can see your rating versus the zone you're in, it'll show up arrows, down arrows or a diamond shape representing even. It's best to hold off upgrading until you get to something you can't beat, say a boss or something so you can upgrade and kill it if need be.

Jorren Jorren and I found a hidden room with a book in it, walked it to grab it thinking it was just a tome of knowledge and it spawned a boss that kicked our shit in because we weren't prepared. We went back to fight him and he wouldn't respond. Makes me wonder what we missed.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If you hit R on the gear screen you can see your rating versus the zone you're in, it'll show up arrows, down arrows or a diamond shape representing even. It's best to hold off upgrading until you get to something you can't beat, say a boss or something so you can upgrade and kill it if need be.

Jorren Jorren and I found a hidden room with a book in it, walked it to grab it thinking it was just a tome of knowledge and it spawned a boss that kicked our shit in because we weren't prepared. We went back to fight him and he wouldn't respond. Makes me wonder what we missed.
where were you? there's a "boss" in yaesha that does that though i don't remember him dropping anything interesting

Vorph

I think the most useful thing to do regarding upgrading is to steadily upgrade everything BUT your melee weapon to +8/+13 or so, and then hoard enough mats to finish everything including the melee weapon to 10/15 at the same time. The biggest hurdle I ran into was that if you raise everything to a multiple of 5 but your melee weapon is lagging behind, then you get almost no drops of the next tier of iron. You can go from 10/10/9/10/10/10 and get jack for galvanized then upgrade the melee to 10 and suddenly that's practically all you get.

Hekotat

where were you? there's a "boss" in yaesha that does that though i don't remember him dropping anything interesting

Some small room that required a key in Yaesha, just an odd encounter.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
It was the Root Horror. You open the door to his area with the Curio you get from the Vendor lady in Yaesha.

I looked it up and it appears that the boss dives into the ground and re-appears next to the vendor. So next time you go there, you finish the fight. Confusing but also pretty cool.

Vorph

Just make sure you buy the armor from the vendor before you use the curio.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was the Root Horror. You open the door to his area with the Curio you get from the Vendor lady in Yaesha.

I looked it up and it appears that the boss dives into the ground and re-appears next to the vendor. So next time you go there, you finish the fight. Confusing but also pretty cool.
Well, once you spawn the boss in the room that you unlock with the Curio, it will run away and kill the Vendor unless you happen to get back to the vendor in time. If you don't you'll see her corpse with an item nearby. Looting the item will spawn the boss again, which you then fight til the end.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Well, once you spawn the boss in the room that you unlock with the Curio, it will run away and kill the Vendor unless you happen to get back to the vendor in time. If you don't you'll see her corpse with an item nearby. Looting the item will spawn the boss again, which you then fight til the end.
uh. you're saying you can get back to the vendor before she gets killed?

Vorph

I still haven't been able to get the stuck merchant to spawn, but I don't think you want to save her even if it is possible. The way I understood the encounter was if she dies you get the 100k ring for free instead of having to buy it. You just need to buy the two Radiant armor pieces from her first or else you miss your chance to get the full set (along with the spear and a bunch of plums).

I'm seriously starting to think that their seeding algorithm is broken as fuck based on how often I get the same encounters. 12 out of 13 Rhoms have been Claviger and I still don't have Defiler from Harrow. Never seen Stormcaller, Onslaught, or Ravager bosses either. Also, it sounds like the devs haven't just taken inspiration from From Software for the overall gameplay, but they're also following From's method of re-balancing their games post-release with a bunch of shitty nerfs to everything players like to use. Can't really complain too much though, I more than got my $40 out of this game and it's time to move on to Control, Astral Chain, MH:W, etc. anyway.

Edit -- Found this today: https://hzla.github.io/Remnant-World-Analyzer/ ... only works for PC players obviously, but it's a simple solution to the ridiculously streaky RNG the game seems to have. I wouldn't recommend using it in your first few playthroughs, but it's handy once you get to the point where you recognize the patterns and all the mystery behind how the worlds are generated has been stripped away. I don't see any reason to slog through the same old stuff over and over for 137-400 scrap instead of getting the last few things you're missing.

Last edited:

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Summons got fucked, so did Ex-Cultists since you are anchored to the original Ex-Cultist set now after Spirit was gutted.

j00t

i didn't play a ton today, but i put the bandit boots on with the ex-cultist set and i was pretty happy with the result. i mostly stuck to the ex-cultist gear because i liked the look and despite the nerf to spirit, it was still an overal buff. while i'm sure numbers wise it's less than optimal, but /shrug

Hekotat

Hmm forget the name. Some bitch with a bow. She warps around and has several adds. Gave it a break, I wasn’t even getting close.

When you hear the audible noise, she will fire her arrows just keep moving during that period. Once it stops lay into her, kill root as needed.

If you haven't upgraded yet then go upgrade, I'd always save my upgrade points for getting stuck on a boss. That way it would give you an edge if needed. If you upgraded before going in then you have no money/scrap to gain that edge.