Remnant: From the Ashes

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Have the blue screens been patched yet? Game is unplayable on PS Pro. How do you force 1080p on a PS Pro with this game? There is no option in game.

Edit: See it now.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea, weapons do require the simulacrum, my mistake. I got the AR and Bandit Armor in one run. Not sure if the 50% (35% bandit + 15% proc ring) chance to not use ammo is worth it yet. Haven't really noticed a difference.
I use Bandit Armor pretty much exclusively, the effect is ridiculously strong with Devastator (procs per-bolt unlike the shotgun) or the Beam rifle. Didn't know there was a ring to increase it further, which world did that come from?

Have the blue screens been patched yet? Game is unplayable on PS Pro. How do you force 1080p on a PS Pro with this game? There is no option in game.
Go into the main PS4 settings and change video output to 1080p there. Also, make sure Supersampling is off or it will still be rendering at 4K.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Watching some of my trusty review sites, and this seems like a neat game - how are the bugs/optimization? Was planning on holding out for a few patches but the game is looking pretty great

a few small bugs on PC and runs very well. Lower frames in the swamp area but I was also streaming and playing windowed mode. The main bug on PC was resolved with yesterday's patch.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I use Bandit Armor pretty much exclusively, the effect is ridiculously strong with Devastator (procs per-bolt unlike the shotgun) or the Beam rifle. Didn't know there was a ring to increase it further, which world did that come from?

Go into the main PS4 settings and change video output to 1080p there. Also, make sure Supersampling is off or it will still be rendering at 4K.
Sorry, its the trait called Catalyst that increases proc chance. I am assuming that the trait will work for any skill / perk that has a "chance" of occuring, like the Bandit armor and the 300% crit dmg ring.

Vorph

Sorry, its the trait called Catalyst that increases proc chance. I am assuming that the trait will work for any skill / perk that has a "chance" of occuring, like the Bandit armor and the 300% crit dmg ring.
Ah, even better. I would hate to give up a ring slot since I pretty much never remove the xp ring, and the other slot is already a fight between range and iframes.

You said you got the ar? Is it any good or just another gun I'll never use because of Devastator?

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Ar is alright, probably the best non-boss high rate of fire weapon. Good accuracy, very little sway and better range than the SMGs. Ruin out performs it for dmg, but you don't get to pick your mod.

Beast Heart boss with 3 players at max gear lvl is rough, even on normal. haha. =)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So after a long solo run, the Bandit Armor does make a big impact on ammo, its quite nice. Doesn't seem to work well with high rate of fire weapons, but single shot or non-auto fire weapons shine.

Vorph

Yeah, I think the only high ROF weapon I'd use with bandit armor is the beam rifle because it lets you shoot ~35% longer at max ramped-up damage. Like I mentioned above though, it makes Devastator godtier. Sadly I'm not convinced Catalyst actually works with armor set bonuses. It actually changes the stats of rings (but not armor) when you look at them in inventory, plus the card for the trait specifically shows a picture of a ring. Seems pretty interesting with the 300% crit dmg ring though, especially if you have Executioner maxed too.

Still haven't found a pistol that can compete with the magnum, which is rather sad. I tried using the hunting pistol since it sort of works with bandit armor, but 35% doesn't seem enough of a chance to make it worth using.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do you have Gunslinger amulet and the Quick Hands trait? That gives 50% reload speed. It makes the Hunting Pistol a lot better, not as fast as Magnum of course, but still good. I haven't upgrade the HP to 20 yet, so can't really give a good comparison between the two.

Vorph

I have Quick Hands maxed but I never did find that amulet. I think I'm going to do some more resets and finally get everything from Earth.

Just found the ring that adds another 25% to consumable usage speed, talk about game-changing when you have Glutton maxed too...

Hekotat

Just finished the story, what a fucking ride! About to reroll on hard mode.

FYI you get to reset trait points after it's all said and done to try out different builds.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Anybody know how this thing does on linux?

Checked out ProtonDB and saw that it has a silver, but I'm wanting to hear it from you?

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Man what a blast this game has been. Love it when something comes out and ends up being a surprise hit.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just finished the story, what a fucking ride! About to reroll on hard mode.

FYI you get to reset trait points after it's all said and done to try out different builds.
Who needs the trait reset when everything is max'd? ;p

• 1Worf

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
This game is great, been awhile since I've had to really dig in and learn how to beat a boss. I thought Mangler was a pain in the ass til I was getting roflstomped by Singe. Felt good finally beating that asshole, wish I had more free time to play right now, this game has really captured my interest.

Hekotat

Found out last night that there are alternate ways to kill each boss that will provide you different rewards. Also, hard mode is no fucking joke.

I'd also like to see a game mode with limited trait values.

Vorph

I wish there was more of an incentive to play hard/nightmare. 15%/30% more xp is pretty meh when it takes a lot more extra time than that to clear an area.

Still farming earth for the last few things I never got, but I think I will shelve it after that rather than try to farm the other worlds that take so much more time to get to. Too many games on backlog, plus Control and Astral Chain next week then MH:W after that. Hopefully they'll release the adventure mode DLC in a month or so and it will be less of a slog to replay the other worlds.

Still kicking myself for resetting my world after beating the last boss because I forgot to go back to Yaesha and get the movement speed trait. No idea how anyone figured that shit out on their own, I couldn't even get the 'easy' bell puzzle without looking up the correct order.

Who needs the trait reset when everything is max'd? ;p
The free one is useful immediately after killing the last boss because it sets all the shitty traits you don't care about to 0 instead of 1 and you can place them where you want.

Found out last night that there are alternate ways to kill each boss that will provide you different rewards. Also, hard mode is no fucking joke.
Just major world bosses like Ent/Singe, plus there's a couple other kill/no kill options and the dog guy who has a small extra step.

Vorph

So, those of you who have finished the game and farmed a lot, what would you say is the best melee weapon? I've been using Riven since I got it--power attack spam is pretty handy with the added bonus of it leeching health. Heard good things about Singe's sword too but I have no idea how I'm ever going to cut off his tail playing solo.