Renfield (2023)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This looks really good.

Awkwafina's show on Comedy Central, Nora from Queens, was actually pretty good. Not because of her, she sucks, but she's the butt of every joke, that's the point of the show. But the grandmother and Bowen Yang are funny as fuck in that show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
It was ok. Cage was great but needed more screen time.

felt more like an ad for counseling and Prozac

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

In other words the trailer is all the best parts?

I keep hearing Cage is the reason to watch, but expectations overall are bottoming out.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

From the trailers I figured this was one of those Nic Cage movies where he's heavily promoted as the star and then on screen for around 5 minutes

Sevens

Log Wizard
this is the new reboot of the Universal monster universe, and they are being a bit smarter and going after the comedy-horror route that shows like What we Do in the Shadows, Chucky, etc have done but for movie world.

If this movie works they will continue with the idea of universal monsters as side characters featuring assistants, love interests, etc as main characters who have to "deal" with their crazy older bosses. Very zoomer focused, which is smart for theatrical.

Frankenstein but probably about Igor, Werewolf of London but about ??, The Mummy but about his brides?, Phantom of the Opera but the love interest is the main char, Creature Black Lagoon but probably focus on his gay fish lover, yadda yadda
tumblr_otc198w8xb1sarywjo2_500.gif

Sevens

Log Wizard
Does anyone remember this Nic Cage masterpiece?

It even has Epic Voice Guy doing the trailer.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Does anyone remember this Nic Cage masterpiece?

It even has Epic Voice Guy doing the trailer.
that was actually the very first movie i ever saw nic cage in. i was young and they kept playing it on some late night cable show and i would watch stuff like that instead of going to bed when i was in high school. i was immediately enamored with the dude. i can't really remember much of anything about it, and what i do remember is probably all wrong... just nic cage playing some weird dude who thinks he's a vampire for some reason.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
This and "65" are the double feature at the drive-in tonight. I'm glad this one is first, but should I stay for "65"????

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
First 5 minutes of this film are already more entertaining than Cocaine Bear

I’ll post more when it’s over

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Well I liked the movie. The style, the music, etc. My kinda movie.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Went and saw it at the theater last night. It was good. Had it's moments that made me laugh.

I would have given it a 3.5 if the ratings let me, so I went with a 3.