ReRolled Minecraft Server III

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've completed my quest! Efficiency V Diamond pick obtained!

Man, if I had this a month ago ... I might have saved myself an hour of work o_O

I was kinda dreaming that Eff.V would mine as quickly as an Eff.III/IV shovel does to dirt. Eff.V is still faster than IV but not by a huge amount at all.

So since everyone I asked didn't know if it was even possible to get Eff.V, including McFly, getting Eff.V is actually pretty simple.

Simply get 2 Diamond picks that are Eff.IV and combine them at the Anvil. Presto! Eff.V.

I found nothing concrete anywhere that clearly states this... I stumbled upon some forum post that showed the process and then I tried it in game to make sure it worked on our server. Sure enough, it does.

So now I have *almost* the ultimate mining tool, just need to get a Fortune III book/pick to add to it so I have max everything. I also have another pick with Unbreak III, Eff.IV, Silk Touch... Could easily max that out to Eff.V but I actually hate Silk Touch, so i probably won't bother.

Now to be the ultimate miner I just need a full set of fire proof / blast proof gear to prevent dying to creepers & lava.

rrr_img_30317.png

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It stands for Feed the Beast, which was originally a challenge map where you started with almost nothing (a lava source block and water source block, and some wood I think), and completed subsequent challenges (like, put 10 diamond blocks in the chest) to unlock more materials that allowed you to make more items and complete more challenges, etc. It made extensive use of all the mods like Redpower, Buildcraft, Forestry, and most importantly Equivalent Exchange, which let you trade one item for another type of item (a bajillion cobble for a diamond for example).

In order to make the challenges equal for everyone, they created their own launcher which ensured people were using the exact same mods. Eventually people cared more about the launcher than the challenges themselves, and now FTB is what I would consider the premiere launcher/mod organizer for Minecraft, much better and easier to use than Tekkit/Technic. It is super easy to add or disable mods that you want to play with, and they have several pre-brewed ones that take literally zero effort on your part to make work. So no more fucking around trying to match versions of mods with each other and finding out halfway through your world that something is hosed.

Unless I was playing vanilla with no mods at all, or server-side only mods like McFly's, I would never play without the FTB launcher handling all that shit for me.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ya.. far East side. I had been thinking about making a crypt below there where the gorge is. A kind of stairwell down and then a bridge going across the gorge not changing any of the geography. Here is the pic I got the idea from. There would be one of these kinds of entrances on either side of the gorge with a bridge connecting them. THen on the far side would be a wide walkway with statues/crypts inside concave sections of the main walkway.

rrr_img_26298.jpg
OK so since above is what I wrote around page 30 (note the 'not changing the geography' part) I just gotta ask.. is my gorge below my church now gone?

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Play the tekkit pack Big Dig. I added a few mods to it so I am at 108 mods LOL I can do something new every single day and never touch the same mods for weeks lol

FTB is what I would consider the premiere launcher/mod organizer for Minecraft, much better and easier to use than Tekkit/Technic. It is super easy to add or disable mods that you want to play with
I'll have to disagree with you here, my friend. FTB, specially Direwolf's pack, is super fun but nothing compares to the Big Dig in terms of sheer awesomeness and playability. And the Tekkit launcher does the exact same thing the FTB launcher does so I don't know what you were referring to there hehe I am actually 5 episodes into my own LP series using the Big Dig and hopefully I will have my first video uploaded this weekend :)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Well it's obviously personal preference; I just find using the FTB pack a lot easier to manipulate, whereas you obviously prefer Tekkit.

I have no idea what Big Dig is, so it might be as awesome as you say it is, but I can't even use all the mods in Direwolf's pack so I'm not sure I need more. From looking at it, it appears that Big Dig has most of the same mods anyway, so you'd probably get about the same experience whichever one you chose. Except that it seems like it doesn't have Redpower (I could see doing without that though), XyCraft (not sure how useful that is yet, but it looks to be awesome eventually), and Thaumcraft, which is the single most awesome mod in existence.

Seriously, if you haven't ever tried Thaumcraft, you're really missing out. All the other mods tend to be more "machine" based, which often takes away from the fantasy aspect of Minecraft, but Thaumcraft is full on magic shit, and it is phenomenal. And the guy that created it is awesome too.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I love thaumcraft. It is one of the mods I added along with Xycraft (Soryen is awesome btw if you watch the Forge series by Dire you will see him on it a lot.. seems to be a really cool guy), gravgun, portal, and grav suit. And yes they removed every thing to do with IC because it is a dead mod. It has not had a content up date since 1.4.7 and we are at 1.5.2 officially and 1.6+ alpha so yeah it's pretty much dead but I sure do miss it. And yes it is personal preference which is why I didn't break out any of the name calling antics I usually go for *grins* The first modded minecraft I ever played was Direwolf20's pack so yeah it has a special place in my heart and I watch his and also etho's youtube videos every time they up load one. :-D

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
OK so since above is what I wrote around page 30 (note the 'not changing the geography' part) I just gotta ask.. is my gorge below my church now gone?
I never saw a "gorge" below your church, there is a chance I didn't dig near it. There is a spot you can look up from my tunnel and see the church floor but it wasn't a gorge afaik. Maybe a small one at best? Where the minecart track is at is basically where a smallish cave was, I dug out beneath it basically.

There is a good chance your gorge still exists, I just don't know where that would be, I never explored much.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
And yes they removed every thing to do with IC because it is a dead mod. It has not had a content up date since 1.4.7 and we are at 1.5.2 officially and 1.6+ alpha so yeah it's pretty much dead but I sure do miss it.
Industrial Craft has a 1.5.2 version available. Version 1.115.231-lf is what's currently in all the FTB packs as well as their 1.5.2 beta packs. I don't know why it's not being distributed on the IC site but it is out there.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I believe this might be the gorge you were talking about under your church.

It still exists, the very bottom of it has been dug out and joins my tunnel. The gorge only went about 15-20 blocks deep as you can see.

rrr_img_30501.jpg

rrr_img_30502.jpg

The floor of the gorge was about here, now you can see all the way to bedrock.

rrr_img_30503.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Now we just need to make a set of secret tunnels that go from the different secret rooms we made above the nave to the huge tunnel and somehow get to the wall where Sam and Castor's daughter got through.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Is building a track and mine cart hard? It takes almost 10 minutes at this point to run to the end of my tunnel and having an automated way to get there would be much easier.

Also where's McFly been? I've earned back about $550 of the $1800'ish I lost when the server crashed (It wouldn't have been such a big deal had I not lost all the oak I bought too) and I can't progress on my project until I get one or the other back.
tongue.png

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Is building a track and mine cart hard? It takes almost 10 minutes at this point to run to the end of my tunnel and having an automated way to get there would be much easier.
Not hard at all. Just lay it down like it's blocks. Every few blocks you will need something to power it, mine some redstone.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So I just lay down tracks and every few blocks put what, where to power it exactly? I know absolutely nothing about how redstone works.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So I just lawn down tracks and every few blocks put what, where to power it exactly? I know absolutely nothing about how redstone works.
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Powered_Rail

Here is actually some good info. Below is the basic info you need though.

3 powered rails in a row on flat terrain is sufficient to boost a minecart from rest to the maximum speed of 8 m/s.

Thereafter, the optimal spacing of powered rails on a level track is to use 1 every 38 blocks (that is, a repeating pattern of 1 powered rail followed by 37 normal rails, then another powered rail, and so on) which maintains a constant minecart speed of 8 m/s. If gold is in short supply, it is possible to use powered rails with more space between them at the cost of reduced overall speed.

However, the optimal spacing of torches is 1 every 13 blocks in order to keep the entire track lit at lightlevel 8 and above. So for aesthetic purposes, it might also be desirable to space out powered rails every 39 blocks with minimal speed losses, or to space them out at 1 every 36 blocks with torches 1 every 12 blocks