ReRolled Minecraft Server III

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Oh so I literally just lay down tracks and put a redstone torch near them and that's it?
The powered rail, yes. All the other ones you leave alone, you want regular torches near them so that you can ensure lighting throughout the area to keep it free of monsters.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My tunnel is already lit well.

So there are two different rails? Rails and power rails then? Put redstone torches next to power rails and boom, done?

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
The link mentioned the torches being spaced out evenly with the powered rails for aesthetic purposes, as far as I know there is no need for redstone torches, just powered rails.

I've got some redstone and gold if you need it, several stacks of redstone at least.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The link mentioned the torches being spaced out evenly with the powered rails for aesthetic purposes, as far as I know there is no need for redstone torches, just powered rails.

I've got some redstone and gold if you need it, several stacks of redstone at least.
Yeah I haven't done powered rails, I worked last with rails when you had to put a redstone torch next to them. I guess you don't need to any more.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I believe the powered rails use redstone and maybe gold to construct.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I believe you do need to put a redstone torch next to the powered rail, the powered rail "dims" when there isn't a restone torch next to it.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
According to Creative, you need to power the redstone with a redstone torch or whatever other power source you have.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Now I'm confused. There are two different types of rail you can make, regular and powered correct? And you power the powered railes with a redstone torch or a switch or whatever? Yes?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Thanks Void.

And That would be great Tuco but I can't at the moment and holy shit, I found a message board here where I can ask questions for such things. It's amazing!!

tongue.png

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Read the wiki. It has all the info on how to make redstone work, with videos, etc.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I learned all my elite redstone skills in Creative mode. It's awesome.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Industrial Craft has a 1.5.2 version available. Version 1.115.231-lf is what's currently in all the FTB packs as well as their 1.5.2 beta packs. I don't know why it's not being distributed on the IC site but it is out there.
There is no new content in it though. It is just version up dates and it is not even being done by the mod author.. some of his friends are keeping it updated version wise because he has disappeared. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough hehe

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Is building a track and mine cart hard? It takes almost 10 minutes at this point to run to the end of my tunnel and having an automated way to get there would be much easier.

Also where's McFly been? I've earned back about $550 of the $1800'ish I lost when the server crashed (It wouldn't have been such a big deal had I not lost all the oak I bought too) and I can't progress on my project until I get one or the other back.
tongue.png
Go to the north from spawn and you will see a mine. Look to the left of the entrance and you will see a passage way. Go in there and you will see my railroad that leads to my base. The is how your track needs to be done.. you DO NOT need a red stone torch at every power rail there is a rail that does it for you. Just look at mine and you will see how it works. :)

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Tunnel progressing along, I thought the bend was starting to look cool.

I've got the boundary dug all the way down to bedrock. Will take a while to mine out the rest.

The new section:
rrr_img_30638.jpg

Looking back toward the 1st section:
rrr_img_30643.jpg

rrr_img_30640.jpg

Still a lot to dig before the new section hits bedrock!
rrr_img_30641.jpg

The bend:
rrr_img_30642.jpg