Molten Core Raider
I don't ever see me running out of lava hehe
rrr_img_34840.jpg

rrr_img_34841.jpg

rrr_img_34842.jpg

rrr_img_34843.jpg

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
wtf... I wrote my mining age again and was walking around looting some wisp chests I saw and this was what was in the 3rd one... I have never seen such a thing happen before...

rrr_img_34844.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
After you've played vanilla for years, you gotta add some mods to spice it up.

Like old married couples going to swinger parties.

Mod packs just add a whole new level of depth and complexity to the game. I just wish MC vanilla would take some of these ideas for their own like they did with pistons. I'd say pipes and sorting systems from buildcraft would be a tame vanilla steal that would make the game much more awesome.

Troll_sl

shitlord
I can see the allure of the complexity that the mods add... but I play Minecraft when I just want to let my mind wander and build shit. Just not my cup of tea, personally.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I hear ya. I like the challenge of building factories and automated projects.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Lol yeah... it is rare and wonderful to find a SINGLE portal gun or portal gate in a chest... much less 6!! guns AND a set of portal gates?? That would be like winning the Ga lottery, Ca lottery, and the NY lottery all at the same time... I now have the ability to link my base with 7!!! different locations around my world.. all from 1 chest... each gun takes a wither kill to make yourself... so yeah it was a HUGE find.. and after just losing all my stuff to a dying to a lava bat over my lava lake it was beyond awesome.

Menion_sl

shitlord
Have a love/hate thing going on with this game right now. I played the Hexxit mod pack for awhile and loved it but wanted to get more into the building side of things. So, I fired up Tekkit and started screwing around with it. I then realized the world looked like crap compared to the world that I was playing in with the extra biomes and a ton of other mods. Spent the better part of yesterday day playing with mods and getting everthing to play nice with each other before I was able to settle down last night with a decent world.

I mined for a couple hours last night until my inventory and backpacks were all full of ore. I was about to turn around and head for the surface when I came across a lava pool. I was looking at the best way to cross the pool when I heard a ssssssssssst sound behind me and BOOM I was blown into the middlle of the pool causing me to lose everything. I really hate creepers!

Really want to try multiplayer in this to see how it is next

Also, why the hell isn't there a decent mod website that doesn't have a crazy amount of false DOWNLOAD NOW spam advertisement links?

Menion_sl

shitlord
I just started yesterday in Tekkit. So, I was in Iron armor and when it blew up it punted me into the middle of the lava pool. I couldn't get out in time and when I died all my crap burned up in the lava!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
n00b!

But seriously once I realized the kind of potential death penalty this game has I felt forced to safely mine diamonds and enchantment stuff until I was nearly invulnerable. It's kind of goofy.

Menion_sl

shitlord
I like the adventure portion of Mineraft along with the whole mining and building thing. I am playing a modified version of Tekkit with a bunch of the Hexxit mods in it like Better Dungeons and Battletowers etc. So, some items like Diamonds are easier to come by from raiding an NPC castle or tower. In all my mining last night I ran across 2 diamonds total and I was pretty deep. I have been reading a lot of forums, watching others play on Twitch.tv while I mine and watched a bunch of YouTube videos to get questions answered.

I really like the game so far, it's pretty relaxing.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Go get the big dig and use it's ore generation so you have a lot more ores and stuff spawns randomly at all levels instead of just a certain few.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
FTB 4 Life!

In all seriousness, I'd like to join the new server when it rolls out, but I literally have zero imagination when it comes to building shit. I load up vanilla and just sort of hollow out a mountain for my base every time because it is so easy to start that way...and then I get bored. I load up FTB and I do the same thing, but then start getting into power generation, then into sorting, then into quarrying...and then I get bored.

Several servers ago I started on a floating city concept that I really liked, but it would have literally taken me months to build, and I've done enough generic building in my Minecraft life that I get bored with that too. I need some sort of inspiration, but I honestly have no idea. I get distracted with mining and other stuff in vanilla because building gets boring, so even if I have an idea I get tired of it. I'm trying to come up with an idea before I even log in so that I'll have a purpose right from the get go. Hopefully I'll come up with something soon, I've been itching to Minecraft again.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
I wish there was something to do with cobble and dirt... got my new quarry up and going and look at how much of them I have... might have to start void piping them.

rrr_img_35016.jpg

rrr_img_35015.jpg

And @Vvoid... you can still play FTB and use the big dig ore generation. ;-)