ReRolled Minecraft Server III

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
They need to get ee3 finished. Its pretty much useless in its current state. I don't know how they thought it was a good idea to can ee2 when 3 wasnt even ready.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
I was watching one of Dire's recent videos and the guy who does EE was on it and was talking about his new version that is coming soon and it sounds beyond sweet. It will give values to EVERY block, even blocks that aren't even created yet, so we will be able to so much more soon with it.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I don't really mourn the loss of EE2. It was way to overpowered. On my original tekkit server within a week I had 5 solar flowers built and the need to do anything else was over. I really hope he keeps EE3 better balanced so it at least takes longer to get to the god mode portion of his mod.

I'm more broken up about the total silence from Red Power 2. Losing that in the 1.5+ packs hurts.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
And @Vvoid... you can still play FTB and use the big dig ore generation. ;-)
There are plenty of ways to mess with ore generation; I know Thermal Expansion is what FTB uses and you can modify it however you want with a few .ini changes. But that's not my issue, because if I really wanted something I could just cheat it in and it wouldn't make a bit of difference to anyone but me. It's making something that I care about beyond a week or two that really stymies me.

I tried your Big Dig by the way, and with having to add in the major mods that I want (Thaumcraft for example), and the massive number of mods I'll never even touch in that pack, I won't be going back. FTB is pretty much how I want it out of the box so I don't have to add anything or worry about conflicts. It's fine that you enjoy it, that's why people make all those different mod packs, because we all have different tastes.

I understand the next server won't be FTB, but if we ever do have one, I'd probably make my goal creating a massive Thaumcraft area for people to use, since I haven't kept up with all the changes lately and a lot of it would still be new to me. And if I were still excited after that, maybe fucking bees. I hate bees, but it is something I've done almost nothing with, and they are obviously tremendously useful once you get into them.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Please do not update to 1.6.2 as the ReRolled SMP server is still running 1.5.2. We are still awaiting the release of a stable Bukkit version for 1.6.2

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
I completely agree Vvoid. :) I play both FTB and Tekkit so it is all the same to me. The new thaumcraft stuff is awesome and I love the bees because of the tree stuff. Bees themselves are meh but I love the new wood you can get from doing trees. I am loving the Dire pack again and that's all I am playing since BD took IC2 and all those mods out and they are some of my favorites.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
McFly, the map is all screwy again.
frown.png

Azziane_sl

shitlord
After you've played vanilla for years, you gotta add some mods to spice it up.

Like old married couples going to swinger parties.

Mod packs just add a whole new level of depth and complexity to the game. I just wish MC vanilla would take some of these ideas for their own like they did with pistons. I'd say pipes and sorting systems from buildcraft would be a tame vanilla steal that would make the game much more awesome.
They did pistons. Fast forward a couple years and they did horses from Mo's Creatures. Buildcraft pipes by 2017 I think.

The problem with a lot of mods is the difficulty to pick and choose features. Most of the best mods out there are huge beasts with a ton of stuff I find quickly ruin the game. The quarries is a prime example in BC and IC. Or half of the EE devices. Disabling everything is a chore. I wonder if you could trim BC all the way down to just sorting pipes and pumps. Or redpower since I think RP's pipes are globally better.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I actually find that I like BC pipes more than RP ever since they added gates. Those things make BC pipe systems so versatile now.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
I dug and dug and dug until I came up with enough stuff to get 2 more quarries going... so now I have 3... had to add 12 more magmatic engines... I am getting ready to finally switch over to my bio system and boilers but waiting on getting the last tree I need to make the switch. I am up to the sweet chestnut tree, which is the last in the oak line, but have only gotten 1 sapling for it so far and need 4 to make a tree so working on that. Then I am going to start down the jungle tree line to get the yellow meranti for mahogany wood.

rrr_img_35223.png

rrr_img_35224.jpg

rrr_img_35225.jpg

I am finally at the industrious bee so Aviaries are almost a reality. I have already isolated the industrious species trait so I can make as many of them as I want. I don't know if I am going to go on further or not with bees but we'll see. I know some the rarer bees give all kinds of things from their combs like diamond and emeralds but I have so much stuff coming into my system from my quarries I don't know if I will even bother. Here is a pic of my bee/tree breeding house. I made it in a meadow about 600 blocks from my main base so I could breed easier. My main base is in a swamp and it sucks for bee breeding.

rrr_img_35226.jpg

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
They aren't actual containers.. they are like tv screens.. they just show me at a glance how much of a certain item I have in my ME system. If I don't do that I forget I am short on stuff... hehe I need to go find a desert... still haven't found one yet so I have been using my minion stone to convert things into cactus but that gets annoying after a while.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Can someone give me a very quick rundown of what thaumcraft does?
Thaumcraft is not something that is just quickly explained. At it's basic lvl it adds magic to teh world in the form of nodes, crystal shards, auras, wands, magical constructs like golems, magic spells, and magical items. Almost every item in the game is made up of magical materials called aspects. You break items down into these aspects and use that to learn research, and to make things like wands, golems, magical blocks, ecte ct. It is a very in depth mod that keeps getting added to and developed even more. It is a ton of fun and well worth the effort of learning about. Here is a pic of my thaurmcraft stuff in my base. I am going to be building an actual room for it later but this gives you some idea of how complex it can be. The last one is a picture of my thaumonomicon, which is where your research discoveries go.

The big grey block with purple writing in the center is my arcane stone. It is used to make magical items. It can also make mundane items as well. The dark grey block in the center in the back is my crucible. It has a block of lava under it to heat it. When it's hot it bubbles then you throw items in to release their aspects into the air for the arcane stone to absorb to make items. If you release too many into the air bad shit, like wisps spawning and trying to rape you, start happening. The green block on the top left is the arcane worktable. It is a smaller version of the arcane stone but doesn't use aspects from the crucible. The table to the far left is the research table. This is where you will use items to do research that goes into your thaumonomicon. (Note: the block on the right next to the water is not part of thaumcraft. It is a soul forge and is used to make soul shards that are used to capture mob souls and when you have enough they are used to make mob spawners. really neat mod)
rrr_img_35235.jpg

thaumonomicon
rrr_img_35236.jpg

Forgot to mention but if you look in the bottom left of all my screen shots you will notice a gauge. That is from thaumcraft. What that does is tell you how much magical energy is in the air and how much bad shit, flux the capital F, is in the air. The more flux is in the air the worst things that spawn and try to kill you hehe As you can see I have a lot of flux around my base atm but I will be fixing that soon. Also the larger the number beside the A, stands for aura, the more magic there is around you for making things. If there is no aura then things like wands don't recharge and you can't make magical items.

Menion_sl

shitlord
Stop posting new mods! My Tekkit/Hexxit hybrid modpack that I cobbled together is already reading 95 mods in game. Although, this one does look interesting...