ReRolled Minecraft Server III

Menion_sl

shitlord
I like cam's mod stories :) he knows far more about these mods than I do. I still suck horribly at ftb. My only endgame has been making an advanced diamond drill with gregtech
If you search direwolf20 on YouTube he has a let's play series of videos on a modified version of FTB. Each episode goes through a different aspect of the game from Thaumcraft, setting up power, farms etc. If you are stuck on something I would highly recommend watching a video or two.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Update, there will be some more lag and a possible crash as I attempt to copy over the Cathedral piece by piece. Stay tuned and I apologize for the downtime.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ok the Cathedral made it over successfully, It will take a bit to clean up the edges of the landscape. It's freaking massive. It's roughly the size of an entire normal size biome. ^_^

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
hahaha it's so huge. It's on a completely different scale from the other buildings in the map. Perfect placement, mcfly. If I did some landscaping I'd have to start by removing the river in front of it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
remember what we talked about bro
haha, it's not that but yes I will always remember that conversation!
tongue.png

Going to attempt to start working again tonight on my tree. Hopefully I can finish the basic structure in a week or so. I'll do the city itself and the root system on the new server.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Man, I walked by the chest full of obsidian like 10 times before I finally noticed it
tongue.png
Was that you Tuco? Looked like you tried to spell out Tuco but ran out of room.

Thanks, I appreciate it! I still need tons and tons more (you'll see why eventually) so I'll do anything up to and including a handy for more!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Did you make a choice on whether to increase the trunk size to what I specified?
Is that the little frame you built up top? If thats the case I dunno, usually you only see pine trees that have trunks that go all the way up like that.....but I think it would be easier to do it that way rather then build branches that go almost strait up not a reguler tree does.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
There is something messed up with the way gear disappears when you die. I died all the way south east the other day in Hunno's temple (SE corner of the map) and was able to run back and get my gear. I died twice while mining last night right next to the underwater house (oval lake just NW) but everything was gone when I got there. I ran straight back and it's less than a quarter of the trek.

I doubt we will be getting /back back but is there anything Mc can do to ensure that you at least get one shot at running back before everything disappears? Is the "fading" time customizable at all?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the fade time is actually a couple hours to be honest. Not sure what the deal with your shit popping is.

On a side note: I was serious about replacing the chunks in my tunnel, I'm going to start taking sections out of your fucking buildings if you don't replace the shit you mine.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I thought if you died while going to get your things back, the things from your first death disappeared and you'd only be able to loot things from your most recent death?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I think on the old server fade was like 5 minutes. When I was working on my mine when my inventory was full I think it was arounf 5 minutes before stuff started fading away.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I think the fade time is actually a couple hours to be honest. Not sure what the deal with your shit popping is.

On a side note: I was serious about replacing the chunks in my tunnel, I'm going to start taking sections out of your fucking buildings if you don't replace the shit you mine.
Are you just digging a long tunnel for the heck of it or are you doing something with it?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Connecting everyone's structures to it, whenever I find the time to make railways, going to add that in to it as well. Think I'm still missing Datroll's stuff, the farm that everyone gets shitted out of the nether to that already has a road connecting it and narhwalia that's probably going to be moved!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Gear disappearing is wholly related to whether or not the chunk is loaded or not. If you die near someone else's project and they are there working on it, those chunks are active and your shit is going to disappear in the normal time (5-10 minutes at most). If, however, you die out in the boonies and no one else is near it, those chunks don't load until you get close again, and the timer starts then. That's it, no randomness or anything else, just whether or not the chunk is loaded.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Connecting everyone's structures to it, whenever I find the time to make railways, going to add that in to it as well. Think I'm still missing Datroll's stuff, the farm that everyone gets shitted out of the nether to that already has a road connecting it and narhwalia that's probably going to be moved!
I'll be out in the ocean when I transplant my tree over, think you'll be able to do that too?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
That would explain it, since my reasoning for thinking shit doesn't disappear quickly is because I died really fucking far out at the edge of the map, and was able to get everything back.

I'll be out in the ocean when I transplant my tree over, think you'll be able to do that too?
Yeah, will be sweet. I'll make this encapsulated glass walkway.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you search direwolf20 on YouTube he has a let's play series of videos on a modified version of FTB. Each episode goes through a different aspect of the game from Thaumcraft, setting up power, farms etc. If you are stuck on something I would highly recommend watching a video or two.
I actually think it's a pretty cool idea for Camerous to make an MC blog, it's obviously something he's passionate about and wordpress allows for millions of different formatting aspects, could keep everything easily stored to show progression of works and to easily recall past articles. Much better formatting than a message board.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
That would explain it, since my reasoning for thinking shit doesn't disappear quickly is because I died really fucking far out at the edge of the map, and was able to get everything back.

Yeah, will be sweet. I'll make this encapsulated glass walkway.
Oh man that DOES sound sweet.