ReRolled Minecraft Server III

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Ender chests have a single player specific inventory that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. So if you have an ender chest that you load up in your home. Then you walk and open the ender chest located at spawn, you will see the exact same items.
And to re-confirm yes the chest's inventory is player specific. If you and I open the same ender chest we will see different stuff in there. So it is safe and cannot be stolen.

Gear disappearing is wholly related to whether or not the chunk is loaded or not. If you die near someone else's project and they are there working on it, those chunks are active and your shit is going to disappear in the normal time (5-10 minutes at most). If, however, you die out in the boonies and no one else is near it, those chunks don't load until you get close again, and the timer starts then. That's it, no randomness or anything else, just whether or not the chunk is loaded.
That explains why I got my gear back when I died in Hunno's temple. Hunno was not there at the time. But it also means that if you have no chance of getting your stuff back if you die anywhere but around spawn. That's a bit hardcore for my taste. Can I still change my personal spawn point with a bed? Been playing with /home for years now, can't remember how it works in vanilla SMP :p

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
So that I can finally post a screenshot, and to prove that I did it just in case something weird happens with the map and I have to beg McFly to fix it, I present to you Vvoid's House o' Sheep!
rrr_img_37989.jpg

Anyone is welcome to come by and shear as much as they want, just please don't kill them or let them out. Or kill all of my cows for that matter. I have two separated just in case, but I like to leave 4-6 in the bigger pen to make it fairly easy to repopulate. Enticing animals all the way inside without some fucking skeleton killing them, the animals drowning or falling off a cliff, etc. is annoying as fuck, so please don't make me have to do it all over again. I've still got to drag in some pigs, but they don't really provide anything beyond food, which is abundantly available other ways, so I haven't made it a priority. I've got wheat growing up above too, so if you kill a couple of cows you can make them pop out babies for the next person to have some.

Just be considerate and leave it with the same or more than you started with is pretty much all I ask.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Okay, I'm not advocating for a /spawn command, but at least let us change our spawn points by using a bed. This shit's ridiculous.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There is an enderchest located in the spawn area at the selling wall. If you keep a supply of reagents in your chest you can access the materials need to cast your recall spell and take you to your marked location.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Agree with Troll. I'm content staying on the old server at this point. Once the map gets bigger there's no way I'm going to bother going further out....ever. I mine way to much to not have an easy way to get back to spawn to sell off things.

Not trying to make demands or anything ,if others are content with how things are that's fine. Just my opinion.
smile.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So that I can finally post a screenshot, and to prove that I did it just in case something weird happens with the map and I have to beg McFly to fix it, I present to you Vvoid's House o' Sheep!
rrr_img_37989.jpg

Anyone is welcome to come by and shear as much as they want, just please don't kill them or let them out. Or kill all of my cows for that matter. I have two separated just in case, but I like to leave 4-6 in the bigger pen to make it fairly easy to repopulate. Enticing animals all the way inside without some fucking skeleton killing them, the animals drowning or falling off a cliff, etc. is annoying as fuck, so please don't make me have to do it all over again. I've still got to drag in some pigs, but they don't really provide anything beyond food, which is abundantly available other ways, so I haven't made it a priority. I've got wheat growing up above too, so if you kill a couple of cows you can make them pop out babies for the next person to have some.

Just be considerate and leave it with the same or more than you started with is pretty much all I ask.
haha I saw your skittle sheep the other day, it cracked me up.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You've seen the minas tirith that this community has done right? (I didn't participate, for all I know you led it).

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Mcfly - something's going on. Anytime I log out I re-appear in my house with 1 redstone in my bag and nothing else. I tried logging out and back in, logging out in other chunks, dieing and relogging - nothing works. Any idea?

Salshun_sl

shitlord
You've seen the minas tirith that this community has done right? (I didn't participate, for all I know you led it).
Going by this S2B

For all I know, you guys busted it out. My grid strategy: Find the four corners, build massive single block towers to tell me my confines. For measuring length, block every 5th on the blueprints. Once laid, terraform, level, first level done. Move from there.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Looks like being online when the server crashes takes all your money. Azziane and I were both on, and are both back at $0. I was up over $230, just fyi.

On a different topic, is Silk Touch obtainable on our server?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I don't see what the purpose of increasing the borders is, but I guess if people want to build in the middle of nowhere they can.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rather frustrating night. Finally get to level 30 via mining, head out of mines to go to spawn, get shot with a godly bow by a skeleton and get rooted in the ground/fall through the world. He kills me and I lose all my levels and half my equipment.

The final heart breaking blow was getting to spawn and seeing "TBD" on the Bottle o'enchantment.

Edit: I decided to give it another go, I'm not a good quitter. I made the rounds on the bonus chest culminating in to the final bout with 'That' chest. It was a very difficult struggle that lasted many minutes, but I eventually conquered 'That' chest and became victorious with my 31 levels and enchanted my diamond pick. Efficiency IV Fortune III. The odds were in my favor.

I will never disclose the location of 'That' chest for fear that lesser travelers will be consumed whole, gear and all.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
McFly can you tell me if /cast bind and teach are supposed to work right now? And are we supposed to have them by default or find them in the world?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Rather frustrating night. Finally get to level 30 via mining, head out of mines to go to spawn, get shot with a godly bow by a skeleton and get rooted in the ground/fall through the world. He kills me and I lose all my levels and half my equipment.

The final heart breaking blow was getting to spawn and seeing "TBD" on the Bottle o'enchantment.

Edit: I decided to give it another go, I'm not a good quitter. I made the rounds on the bonus chest culminating in to the final bout with 'That' chest. It was a very difficult struggle that lasted many minutes, but I eventually conquered 'That' chest and became victorious with my 31 levels and enchanted my diamond pick. Efficiency IV Fortune III. The odds were in my favor.

I will never disclose the location of 'That' chest for fear that lesser travelers will be consumed whole, gear and all.
lol @ EffIV FortIII, that's some bullshit.

Spill the beans on the location of 'that' chest.