ReRolled Minecraft Server III

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What the hell is going on in Tuco's screenshot?!
McFly was setting up the arena and accidentally did something to cause a massive firewall. The big hole is him typing the remove lava command. It filled up again immediately, lol.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Also I'm looking at building some factories (obsidian factories specifically). I've never built a circuit before.

Do we have all the components necessary to construct them? Block crushers, lava, water,, circuits etc.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Man I can't even imagin building things that are 1/100th as nice as what the great nation of unicornia has built let along the stuff you're talking about Tuco.

I just love exploring and mining lol.

Arkk

Lord Nagafen Raider
As far as I'm aware you'd lack the ability to set up a completely automated obsidian farm short of installing tech mods (unless you guys are using some fancy server mods I'm unaware of). You can however set up something likethiswhich will allow you to convert redstone dust into obsidian without expending your lava source block (typically the limiting factor, or at the very least, the biggest PITA). You will still have to manually mine the obsidian after it is created.

Edit:Thisconcept could be tweaked a bit with the use of a dispenser to place/pick up the lava source block. Add in some redstone repeater shenanigans and could technically create a setup that would require you to "load" the redstone and click a single button to convert it all to obsidian, then self-reset and clean up the lava.

You could also set up a piston-powered cobblestone generator which will produce and "extrude" up to 12 (piston push limit) cobblestone for you to mine, but again, the mining is manual (see examplehere).

With the advent of the 1.5 update there's a lot of new functionality (furnace automation, item transport) you can accomplish, but unfortunately block-breaking isn't part of that.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Updated server notes on the front page. Including the disabling of the /back command.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
/Back is what allowed us to go back to where we died right? As someone who dies a lot....WHY MCFLY, WHY?!
tongue.png

tongue.png

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I wish we could set up a secondary /home spot. Would make mining deep a lot nicer.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I wish we could set up a secondary /home spot. Would make mining deep a lot nicer.
Yeah I agree. I've pretty much given up on the idea of having a permanent base far from any of the built in spawn locations.

I do like /back being disabled and wonder if /spawn and /home should be disabled too. It all depends on if you see the game as exploration game and want it to be challenging I guess.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah I agree. I've pretty much given up on the idea of having a permanent base far from any of the built in spawn locations.
biggrin.png

I will not be removing /spawn. I don't want a hardcore server where you must travel everywhere by rail/walk.

If I do remove /home and /sethome I will be adding in a way for players to create portals themselves. Like Resource portals where you place a pattern on the ground with a diamond in the middle and woosh.

/Back is what allowed us to go back to where we died right? As someone who dies a lot....WHY MCFLY, WHY?!
tongue.png
In order to prevent some actions in the Arena I've had to disable the /back command. But there are other ways. If you want to reset your home when you're inside the Arena; I'm fine with that.

biggrin.png

tongue.png

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I say for sure keep the /spawn and /home. As someone who is set up more than half the world away taking that away at this point would suck really bad.

And yeah I'd like a second /home spot as well as I plan on setting up shop even further north eventually but it's not totally needed I guess.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
In order to prevent some actions in the Arena I've had to disable the /back command. But there are other ways. If you want to reset your home when you're inside the Arena; I'm fine with that.
That makes sense. Building portals would be cool as well, I like that idea even more honestly.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ya I need something to be able to go back to my project area. I could set up a train full of mats back and forth all the time, but my project is proly in the 2mil+ blocks department. If its gone for good, thats fine.. I would almost prefer that only MC can make the portal signs though. (unless he has a way to only allow each player like one to go with their home)

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ya I need something to be able to go back to my project area. I could set up a train full of mats back and forth all the time, but my project is proly in the 2mil+ blocks department. If its gone for good, thats fine.. I would almost prefer that only MC can make the portal signs though. (unless he has a way to only allow each player like one to go with their home)
Once I'm back online I will gladly set up a [Warp] Sign to your project. But keep this in mind. I'm only allowing one Warp Sign per player (or project if multiple players are working on it). If you require another quick way to your project, I will make a [Warp] sign that will deduct $ from your balance each time you use it.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_23805.jpg

Here is a pic of where I got the layout for the church from. In the bottom left is the main entrance flanked by 2 towers that I wanted to be 2 levels tall. The rest is going to be only one story tall with the exception of the middle tower which I wanted to go 3 (we will see). The back where it looks kinda rounded off I wanted to make a glass dome over the back section maybe even coming down and encompassing the rounded wall. Im still a bit fuzzy on exactly how I want that part to look, but the project is coming along ok. Ive been working on the 2 towers flanking the main entrance so stop by and take a look.

Right now I am trying to decide how I want to delineate the first and second stories so any suggestions are welcome. I was thinking of making one layer of black wool to show where the first floor ended (on the exterior) and the 2nd begins.

rrr_img_23805.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
McFly, how difficult would it be to move my tower and the small underground shelter/farm that I have beneath it? I'd like to move it all closer to the medieval project, so I can /sethome elsewhere and warp into the project closer to my chests, etc.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
McFly, how difficult would it be to move my tower and the small underground shelter/farm that I have beneath it? I'd like to move it all closer to the medieval project, so I can /sethome elsewhere and warp into the project closer to my chests, etc.
Not hard. Once I'm back ill help you move that.

bytes

Molten Core Raider

Who's this guy showing off our old map and making mad youtube monies with that? I wish todays height limit would have been in the game back then, shit's too tiny.