Rerolled Pen and Paper Gaming Group

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
"Next" AKA 5th in most recent incarnations is looking far closer to 3.5 than 4.... FAAAAAAR closer.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sorry for the necro.

I'm looking around on Roll20 for a fairly consistent (weekly/bi-weekly) Pathfinder or DnD group. I'm pretty brand new, so I'd need to be under the guidance of someone a little more experienced. If anyone here wants to join/start that would be cool too. Looking mostly at Friday nights or Saturday during the day (EST time). Not sure if anyone is interested at all.

Willing to try other games too, but not sure what.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm up for playing something if another group gets going, as it appears ours is defunct. I lack the capacity to be a DM/GM though, only a player. So unless ours starts up again, if someone needs another player, hit me up.

Vaclav

I'd be game as well - although my mic is down for the count until I repair my computer which I don't think I'm going to bother with before our move we're working towards at the moment - although we do have a non-PC Skype device I could toy with (USBs on my machine except for the keyboard and mouse lock up the machine almost instantly - clearly a short or something in the motherboard but with half our stuff in boxes and my bench covered in moving boxes not happening soon) if voice is a must now. [upgraded to a Skype-friendly tablet over the holidays only had an original Kindle previous or smartphone which was inconvenient]

Not familiar with PF itself yet - although I'm well versed in D&D3.5 that it was based upon.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I am interested in doing something with you guys, but I've never played one of these so I can't DM. I can fumble my way through rolling a character and reading the rules, but I wouldn't feel comfortable being a DM just yet.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'd be interested in playing if it is a day/time I'm available. I haven't played D&D since basically right when 4.0 came out, but I sure as hell miss it. I have a handful of 3.5/4 books, but if we choose something outside of that I'll need a little bit of time to pick them up and read the rules.

Vaclav

I think his idea is to discuss stuff like day/time in there - doesn't appear to accept applications right now however. Can post on the "board" for it w/ a general membership though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You have to post or PM me on there and I can invite you, that's how the system works as far as I Know. Like I said, nothing is set in stone at all, just gauging interest.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
That roll 20 site is awesome but expensive if you want to get full/ease of use out of it. Currently DM of a New World of Darkness campaign this is a roll 20 screenshot post scenario, the light parts are the only explored parts the players can see the rest is black. It goes further north but would have to zoom out more to get it all, great tool for visuals/interaction but takes a little longer to navigate pieces around which can break up the story. I try to only move stuff while players are thinking/taking their turns so I don't mess up my dialogue etc.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I played several sessions in Fantasy Grounds 2 and enjoyed that, though it seemed over complicated software wise compared to Roll20, it had advantages like having a lot of the stats and libraries built straight in (though it could be tricky to set it up to work).

Roll20 seems a lot more basic, but solid and does everything you need. Definitely a good way to play if you can't get together face to face. Hell, I do play face to face and sometimes think about playing on Roll20 just to play a system I like more than what we do in RL.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Usually we are all in the same room, I use my laptop like a GM screen and we hook another laptop to the TV and just have one person login, that person is in charge of character placement based on what the other players are saying/doing. I control everything else they see on screen, but depending on your DM skills/style the visual aids can be a hindrance if you can't find the art to match your ideas.