Rerolled Pen and Paper Gaming Group

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Are you even allowed to have 2 majors and 1 minor? Isn't it supposed to be 1 major 2 minors, period?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
If Himeo approves it, this is what I would change my Curiosity (Major) Hindrance to:

Enemy (Major) - Every Malakar in the city has heard of the Liege-Killer, and countless have lost friends or relatives to his claws. Not all are aware of his defection from the rule of the Talus, and even then most would not allow that to stand in the way of their revenge. Pair that with the Malakar loyal to the Talus under orders to hunt him down, and the end result is that almost every Malakar in (and out of) the city would happily kill him on sight. Fortunately the vast majority of Malakar have no idea what he looks like, but there are still plenty that do.

Essentially it gives you the opportunity to do whatever you want with it, whether it be sporadic random encounters of Malakar trying to kill me, or concerted efforts of groups, or full adventures, even up to and including the Talus. To me it sounds like a legitimate Major Hindrance, but again, you have to want to include it in your plans for the ongoing campaign for it to be anything but fluff, so I'm asking for your approval. Let me know, or if you want something changed, etc.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
That'll work. Go ahead and change it.

I have family visiting this weekend so no game Friday. We'll pick back up next week.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sounds good to me - figured out the mic issue - but resolution is proving annoying thus far.

These mics are so sensitive its actually my voice being picked up by her mic that'sfutzing with me. But push to talk is annoying to use so playing with options to resolve it.

Also with missing the 4 pts of Hindrances allowed in RP - I'll probably help Laura fix her shooting issue with a Hindrance point since she's got only 3.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Sounds good to me - figured out the mic issue - but resolution is proving annoying thus far.

These mics are so sensitive its actually my voice being picked up by her mic that'sfutzing with me. But push to talk is annoying to use so playing with options to resolve it.

Also with missing the 4 pts of Hindrances allowed in RP - I'll probably help Laura fix her shooting issue with a Hindrance point since she's got only 3.
On a serious note, I don't remember exactly what you have, I thought you said you both have headsets? I don't know what your money situation is like, but if you don't have to have the headsets, I bought this for fairly cheap ($30):Amazon.com: Logitech HD Webcam C310: ElectronicsIt is mounted on top of my 55" TV about 8-10 feet away from me, and unless everyone is just keeping it to themselves I'm assuming you all can hear me just fine. You could just use something like that (there are cheaper ones I'm sure) hooked up to one computer and positioned between you, and only one Skype account logged in and playing through one set of speakers. Or something.

Just a thought, if you can't get what you have working the way you want it to.

Buffylol

N00b
Damn, I go away for a few weeks and an amazing thread like this gets started.

edit: I am catching up on work and don't have time to go through this thread, is there still space open? I DM a 2nd a edition campaign and would love to be able to relax and play and not control the universe sometimes xD

Vaclav

Yea considering one - but might have a new host of issues to hammer out.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
The holidays are really screwing things up for me. There won't be a game this week or next week. I agreed to swap shifts with someone at work so I can spend Thanksgiving with my relatives back in California. The next game will either be December 6th or January 3rd depending on if you all want to skip December or not.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'd love to play this Friday if everyone else is available. I'm on vacation too so I could start earlier if the rest of you want.

Vaclav

I'll be available - although warning in advance - I might be mute and not for mic reasons either, coming down with a hell of a cold in my throat and since I was already medium hard to understand and the wife can't understand me 2 feet away recently.... just better for me to be a typist on Friday if we're on.

Started RL gaming again since this with a LGS I found as well - tabletop RPG looking like it'll be Sunday so no overlap though. (Board gaming on Mondays is the only absolute currently)

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
I haven't played PnP games but I've always wanted to. I have never been able to find a group to do this kind of thing with locally or online. It always falls apart before we begin. Would anyone be willing to run a game with a complete newb on any of these games?

Vaclav

There was a second group that it looked like was going to happen that just sort of petered out - might want to head back through the thread and find the "group 2" people and start tossing some nudges to find out how that progressed or start a new revival in interest in it.

[Side Note: Read the new Shadowrun 5E rules for the first 50 pages or so on Monday night waiting on the others for Board Game night over there - looks really, really solid - lots of nostalgia reading it]

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I have been writing campaign on and off for about a month now. Originally was going to be GURPS horror but converted it to New World of Darkness Hunters Vigil, going to be running one soon if enough people interested. PM me(will start own thread if enough interested.)

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So I missed that one session due to my birthday, and this hasn't happened again since, and yet I'm not really feeling like I'm missing out. I was all psyched to play a P&P type thing again for the first time in over a decade, but I think I'm just not at all enamored by the Savage Worlds game system. I've never even bothered to set up my character completely. So I guess I'll just bow out, and I can't imagine you guys will miss me since there's already 5 other people in the group.

Anyhoo, sorry for the false start, and hope you guys have fun! Continue to post in here occasionally and let us know how you folks are doing
biggrin.png

moontayle

Golden Squire
Everything's on hold until Himeo is available anyway. On that note, a weekly session might be a bit much, that's essentially where I was going to run into any issues in terms of my time. Especially with a 3-4 hour commitment per session.

On the real world front, assuming I don't die my next session, I'll be hitting Seasoned with my Spellblade. Fully intend on taking Quickness, which will allow me to take two full actions per round. Given that I have the Two-fisted and Ambidextrous Edges, that's essentially 4 attacks during a single round of combat for three rounds (or up to five with my current power pool). Combine with Smite for maximum carnage.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
This is a random question, but this is probably the thread for it, so here you go!

A friend of mine is wanting to start up a D&D 5th edition game. He believes the last playtest packet was released mid October (the 13th possibly), with the fan testing shut down earlier this month. Does anyone have, or have a link to, that last playtest packet?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Is our group still up for playing? If not that's cool, but I just want to know what sort of plans to make for Fridays again.