Resident Evil 2 (2019)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I would kill for a Code: Veronica that I didn't have to play with fucking tank controls.

Yeah, if you don't see a shipped from line at all it came from your primary shipping center. I get mine from Pittsburgh normally, but KC would be closer to you.

Pretty much why I cancelled GF. Took fucking forever to get from Pitt to DC.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pitt to NY for me is always Mon->Wed or Thurs->Sat if it's a Friday release like this one. Getting unlucky and having it ship from KC or LA is pretty rare, still better than not having it ship at all until the first wave of returns.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Picked this up despite my earlier intentions, feel like I need to support good work instead of waiting for a sale.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Been watching people play this on their PC (didn't realize it came on PC...) and trying to determine if I should go balls out on a new computer for this game or just buy it on PS4. How is it on the PS4?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Been watching people play this on their PC (didn't realize it came on PC...) and trying to determine if I should go balls out on a new computer for this game or just buy it on PS4. How is it on the PS4?

Demo ran perfectly fine on my PC which is old. 970 GPU etc. Picked it up for PS4 though, feels more like a couch game.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Echo'ing Hatorade. However I was on PS Pro - HDR and 4k looked gorgeous. Even better than RE7.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Ok so hardcore is wrecking everyone not just me lol, I died during the intro 2 times wtf? Damn time to step it up!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rinthea

Trakanon Raider
I gave up on hardcore after the intro. As a first play through it was looking to be too frustrating to play this for the lack of save points.

I'm 4 or 5 hours into it now. It's pretty well done and gorgeous, playing on a recently new PC. I'm not sure I'd go out and buy a new PC just for it though.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Just got through Run 2/B on normal. Was really fun playing this game again when I loved the original RE2 so much (probably my favorite in the series). Though I feel even on normal you can be ammo starved if you get greedy for kills. I don't remember being so starved for ammo in the original and combined with how indestructible zombies can feel its like you really aren't supposed to put them down half the time.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Zombies definitely take way more bullets than they used to. What's the fastest way to getting around zombies since there's no knockback action? Aim for the knees?

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Zombies definitely take way more bullets than they used to. What's the fastest way to getting around zombies since there's no knockback action? Aim for the knees?

From what I've understood, pretty much yeah. kneecap them and go. or bait an attack and move around if the space is limited.

What's funny though is you get a gun like the magnum and the headshots at least pop the zombies like a baloon like it should. But ammo is so limited again. The biggest issue with ammo is what you need for boss fights. I think i finished the first fight with the G-virus dude with maybe 2 bullets to spare on my 9mm because I was using ammo a little too much on zombies.

It gets to a point where I could see having your playthrough completely fucked by this because I was OCD on looting every room so it wasn't red etc.

Also, I think if I read the menus and popups correctly. You can't unlock S-Rank completion until you finish the 2nd playthrough (B from vanilla). So don't worry about your time runs on your first playthroughs if you were going for the S-rank weapon unlocks etc.

I'm gonna do another set of runs on normal to get under 3:30 before I do hardcore so I can have I think unlimited ammo on at least a basic gun which would make life a little less shitty.

But overall I love Capcom for these latest resident evil games. Both RE7 and this are phenominal. and it's nice having a game that actually blends difficulty into gameplay a bit to make it add to the scary/desperate feel rather than just stupid difficulty.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Made it all the way to Mr. X. or whatever his name is before dying on Leon A. Ended up reloading a slightly earlier save to go back and kill the licker in the dark hallway that caused the gangbang death. Now I am very low on ammo, not enough to kill more than 1-2 zombies and I am running around for my life. Good times.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Atmosphere, the visuals are all fucking phenomenal. only real gripe with enemy a.i. is the lickers seem really cheap this time around: no stun from a shotgun even at point blank to the head. First boss: William 1st form was handled amazingly. You really get the feeling this a guy whos mutation is driving him insane

• 1Like

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Yea lickers are bullshit. Beat Leon A in normal in 5 hours with a B. Pretty sure I can get under 4 easily, I did a lot of backtracking and sight seeing.

Apparently I missed a gun for Leon? Matilda, shotgun, flamethrower, dessert eagle...but game said I missed one :(

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Don't run around lickers and you'll be fine, also Claire's Fire rounds pop them in 2 shots, and acid rounds are op as fuck(I swear instant stun on everything even X)

and the missing gun is a B-side scenario gun(.45, for both characters)

• 1Like