Retard Dumping Ground

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Maybe this is your impression, but you're wrong. The last 4 banner notifications were for:
-The PCC Opt-in (important)
-The new Forumquest Changes which announced a re-org of the forums (important)
-The FoH Gun Club (not as important if you don't care about guns, but worth promoting)
-Amod Elections (ummm, important? :trollface: )

After that you have to go back to a notice about database upgrades that might impact site performance temporarily, and then a Xmas giveaway of currency from 8 months ago. If you think all of that is just frivolous and not worth notifying the userbase about then I don't know what to tell you. Even with the notifications I can hardly get a lot of people to read about important site changes and updates. For instance, Teekey still hasn't figured out which thread to read and thinks he's banned from pol despite all the notifications.
This part of your response was more serious than mine. You, buddy, looove fuckin' banners. For next April you should make a hundred of them. A scrolling nightmare.

No threads have been closed, just moved around, so you're wrong about that one.
They are opt-in access, closed as in closed to the public, members only, etc.

What current decisions regarding monetization are "unsustainable"? It's currently going very well, and it's entirely optional. Furthermore being donation based rather than ad revenue based keeps us independent from the people who control advertising on the internet. How is that a bad thing, especially since donations are entirely voluntary and optional?

As Alk said, before there was no 'cage', now there is, so you're wrong about that one. My intent is to keep politics from bleeding into the rest of the forum as much as possible.

As for your contention that I'm somehow above the userbase and not involved or participating, nothing could be further from the truth. I'm here every day monitoring things and making sure everything is running well, and have been doing so for more than 2 years now. I participate in threads as I see fit, and do my best to contribute in the way I know how. As for the additions to the site I try to make, my philosophy is to give the people things to play with, not myself. It's not about me, it's about the site and always has been. If people disagree with my decisions about what's fun and games, hey fine, they can't all be winners. But it's always my intent to add to and improve the site first and foremost.
I suppose I understand the reasoning behind the pcc move. Full disclosure, this was my initial thought when I glanced the following:

As I explained in the ForumQuest 2.0 thread, the PCC forum is going to become a place where users must opt-in to a usergroup to be able to access those threads. This is being done to further insulate that area from anyone who is not a member of FoH and might wish to do us harm from being able to access that area in today's political climate and use anything posted there against our users or the site itself.

What's the process for gaining access to the PCC forum? It's very easy.

1. Go to the Shop tab at the top of the forum and click on it.
2. Where it says "Categories" on the left, click on "Passes".
3. You should see 1 item called a "Bully Pol Pit Pass". This item costs 140 Latinum, which is equal to 14 days(!) of site membership you must spend to purchase this item. Click on the "Purchase" button.
4. Click "Add to Cart".
5. A cart widget should appear on your left, click "view cart/checkout". EDIT: On Mobile, click the "Categories" button again to view cart.
6. You should have 1 item selected in your cart. Click on "Purchase".
7. Huzzah! You're now part of the group who can access and post in The Bully Pol Pit! Congrats?
8. If you should ever change your mind, go to your inventory page in the shop and click "Discard" on the Pit Pass item and you will no longer have access. If you change your mind yet again, repeat steps 1-7.

I'm not enabling this just yet, as I want everyone who posts in that area to have a seamless transition without running into error messages. To that end, I will give everyone until Monday August 3rd, 2020 -1 week from today- to buy their Pit Passes before I restrict access to anyone who has not purchased this item.

If anyone has any questions or problems, feel free to ask in this thread.

Thanks, and happy Foruming everyone!
This is laughable pussy shit.

That said, I browse the political thread once every few months at best. I'm not the target audience. I appreciate that you took the time to reply.

I would ask to move nonpolitical threads from pcc to off topic. That way folks that choose not to opt in can view those nonpolitical threads.

Feedback, specifically critical feedback, is healthy and helps to improve things overall. I think we're so used to interwebz insults and shit--completely different from interaction in person-- that we interpret everything as a grievance and fail to see plain-spoken feedback when it is given.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Man, reading this shows how Scream doesn't stop harping about injustice. He's a kid saying grounding him is unfair, not realizing the more he yells the longer the punishment.

Go to other parts of the forum, Screamdude. There's no need to care so much.

Also reading others' replies, particularly Alkorin's and Lightning Lord's... I don't think Scream realizes how it looks from an outside perspective. They are clearly trying to help you. Sometimes we all shitpost, they wave their mod dicks and shit, but a couple or replies are addressing your concerns. You're so irritable and paranoid you don't see it. You're convinced.

If I were them I would have stopped paying attention to you by now. I wouldn't ban you but I'm almost certain I would consider it.

• 1Truth!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
If we make all reports open to the world, no one will use the system. It's that simple. It won't change how we react to reports.

If you want to see what goes on behind the Amod doors, run in the election and get the nod. You'll see that it's really quite boring.

And, if you really want to read the minutia that I post about server-side upgrades, or LLR talking about next April Fools'... well, too damn bad.

Thats fine. I know thats your opinion on it and I disagree. But the point of the post wasn't to re litigate that. The point was to call *you out for constantly bringing it up as if we were willfully ignorant. Keep your secrets. Just don't use it as a hammer everytime you get into trouble in a discussion.

You know what you could do instead of being smug that you know something pertinent that we don't? You could explain it. If you don't want to, you don't get to be indignant when we make a little mistake piecing it together.

* in this case its the royal you because you aren't the only one doing it.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Scream is a forum treasure. He can never be banned.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
This part of your response was more serious than mine. You, buddy, looove fuckin' banners. For next April you should make a hundred of them. A scrolling nightmare.

They are opt-in access, closed as in closed to the public, members only, etc.

I suppose I understand the reasoning behind the pcc move. Full disclosure, this was my initial thought when I glanced the following:

This is laughable pussy shit.

That said, I browse the political thread once every few months at best. I'm not the target audience. I appreciate that you took the time to reply.

I would ask to move nonpolitical threads from pcc to off topic. That way folks that choose not to opt in can view those nonpolitical threads.

Feedback, specifically critical feedback, is healthy and helps to improve things overall. I think we're so used to interwebz insults and shit--completely different from interaction in person-- that we interpret everything as a grievance and fail to see plain-spoken feedback when it is given.
Truly, nobody gives a shit what I think. But I do agree that it would be nice to move some of those threads out of the clubhouse or whatever the fuck. Marijuana legalization and religion simply can't be openly discussed in today's cancel culture times? Yeah I doubt that.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
indians, pakis and all browns from that general area are even worse than blacks. They're the same as gypsies and jews. They want everything you have. At least blacks can play ball and provide sports entertainment.

• 1Picard
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, in a country where immigrants are already eager to take any job they can get, and companies are eager to export any job they can get done cheaper overseas, entitled first worlders not going to the internships they have with their liberal arts degrees are really going to cripple the country.
black ppl being bad at cooking is quite fun, this is why popeyes takes so long

yGqTB3.gif

cjV3l3V.gif

this always got me, where this meme come from?
045052b5b6b9f468fb624825298c8079_w200.gif

oic
tenor.gif

• 4Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
No music videos in the politics thread

anyone watch this? i picture

Joe: "hey Cardi B, what does the..."

Joe hander_01: "NO JOE NO!!!"