Retard Dumping Ground

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Ossoi Ossoi Sure. I'll let you decide what the criteria is and you can find a way to strike off shows that aired on American networks first, and then I'll replace every show you list with 5 more. First though I'm gonna ask you to pick an argument, because I believe your original assertion was more or less that Americans are too stupid to "get" your sophisticated British comedy. Seems a little at odds with the notion that Veep is a British show given Veep's success in America. Also if Veep is now British I guess our version of The Office is too? Also also, I'm pretty sure most people here enjoy the British version of The Office. The entire series consists of 14(?) episodes. Many American comedies are 20+ episodes per season. Such as that apparently "shitty" show Seinfeld, for example.

So pick a ruleset and then I'll start busting out Bob Newhart, All in the Family, etc. and then start working my way up the list to shit like Friends and beyond.

I'd say you were the one who started this, acting like a faggot, coming in here with guns ablazing, but you can't actually have guns, can you?

• 1Worf
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 1 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Jasker Jasker

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Ossoi Ossoi . Seems a little at odds with the notion that Veep is a British show given Veep's success in America. Also if Veep is now British I guess our version of The Office is too?

Lol, In The Thick of It and Veep were created and made by the same person - a Brit (why isn't this sinking in yet?)

The Office UK was made by Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, then adapted for the USA by Greg Daniels - Wikipedia

I'm really not sure why this is so hard to understand. Both Veep and Office US are based on UK originals, Veep just happens to be made by the same person/production company as it's UK original, therefore using Veep as an example of how US comedy is superior to UK is clearly stupid because the brain behind it is British.

"The entire series consists of 14(?) episodes. Many American comedies are 20+ episodes per season. Such as that apparently "shitty" show Seinfeld, for example.

2 x 6 episode seasons and a Christmas special. But if your arguments have now reached the point where you are citing quantity as a measure of quality then clearly you've got nothing left.

You want to know how far I got into the US Office? However long it took for them to rehash the Budweiser reference from the UK version despite being made 4 years later. At least make the effort to update the pop culture reference you lazy hacks

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Fans of the US Office to me "Yeah, the first season is just a shit remake, but it really comes into its own once they stop copying the UK version"

Me: "so why the fuck would I watch the first season then?"

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm really not sure why this is so hard to understand.

Because you're bouncing between two different arguments, both of which contradict each other? I told you you could set the rules. If you want Veep to be a British show, it's a British show. But we also love Veep, and I believe you asserted we were too stupid to appreciate British comedy. You made a valiant effort to sidestep this point, but I'm gonna go ahead and stick with it.

Why don't you engage in a few minutes of introspection before you make your next post. If after that you've decided what your actual argument is and that Veep doesn't count, I'm more than happy to replace it with one of a zillion other great American comedy shows.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Also I don't remember saying US comedy was superior to UK comedy. I believe what I said was for every great British comedy you can name I can list 5 great American. Which I can. Easily. I don't know why you decided to argue against this obvious fact when you had the easy out of "yeah but you're a way bigger country abloo abloo," but here we are.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
How is this even a discussion. I like British people but theyre so fucking lameeeee
Like name one funny British joke ever the fuck yo

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Just to stick my head in where I'm not wanted..
-Both- versions of the Office were trash meant for lowest common denominator peoples..
/duck

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1OK, Sure
Reactions: 5 users

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Just to stick my head in where I'm not wanted..
-Both- versions of the Office were trash meant for lowest common denominator peoples..
/duck
Although I enjoyed them the people that obsessed over them were very much LCD

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
How is this even a discussion. I like British people but theyre so fucking lameeeee
Like name one funny British joke ever the fuck yo

I'm sorry that you require laughter tracks in order to know when you need to laugh or clap.

I was not directly involved the the dev team, but 2010-2016 my company was retained for insurance reasons to just keep tabs on the crew and make sure they were at least working under basic OSHA guidelines.

It did not take me long to figure out, these guys were breaking rules right and left. Freon parties. I could go on.

Let's just say, when your entire business model amounts to Quaaluudes and Cocaine ---> ? ----? Voxels!, you got problems.