Retard Dumping Ground

joz123

Potato del Grande
I don't have a UK TV license, and I haven't had one for 14 years.

I download and watch exclusively US serial dramas (to the idiot who cited Breaking Bad ummm no shit it's great, what's your point?)

Doesn't change the fact that UK comedy and US comedy are very different in tone, and that The Office US necessitated an inferior remake for US audiences)
UK's best show was Black Adder and that ended in 1989.

Chris

Potato del Grande
UK comedy was nearly killed by the SJWs, there hasn't been anything good for few years now.

Only thing left are the panel quiz shows, I recently discovered Keith Lemon's Celebrity Juice and it's fucking insane. The guy just borderline sexually harasses the guests. His old show Bo Selecta is a classic in what Americans won't understand too.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I don't get that reference. We made the Office into something even better than both of you.

(has subtitles in English)

"The series was proclaimed as a copy of the BBC series The Office,[1][2] although initially the producers claimed it was based on a character from a past ProSieben comedy, in spite of many elements resembling The Office. An "inspired by" credit was given to the creators of The Office, Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, after the BBC threatened ProSieben with legal action.["

Ok

Deutschland 83 was good, didn't persevere with the second season

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I literally told you it was our The Office adaptation.

Yes 83 was good, and since the story was over, there was no reason to even bother with season 2.

The one other thing you might want to check out is 4 Blocks.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
The Office UK

Alan Partridge

The Inbetweeners

Only US comedy I've enjoyed is Eastbound and Down. Entourage also but that's more of a comedy drama hybrid

Oh ok, we'll start with just HBO then:

Eastbound and Down (you said it!)
Veep
Silicon Valley
Vice Principals
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Larry Sanders Show
Flight of the Conchords
Mr. Show

Then we can progress to, off the top of my head:

Seinfeld
Simpsons
It's Always Sunny
30 Rock
Parks and Rec
Archer
Bob's Burgers

Think that's 15. I have many, many more chambered here.

We can move this to another thread if we need to!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Oh ok, we'll start with just HBO then:

Eastbound and Down (you said it!)
Veep
Silicon Valley
Vice Principals
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Larry Sanders Show
Flight of the Conchords
Mr. Show

Then we can progress to, off the top of my head:

Seinfeld
Simpsons
It's Always Sunny
30 Rock
Parks and Rec
Archer
Bob's Burgers

Think that's 15. I have many, many more chambered here.

We can move this to another thread if we need to!

Veep show runner is Armando Ianucci, co creator of the aforementioned Alan Partridge. It's also a semi remake of In The Thick of It, so you can cross that one off, lol

Forgot about Silicon Valley and VP (I love Danny McBride)

Curb is ok, never hooked me enough to watch all of them

Flight of the Bogboards is written by two blokes from New Zealand and isn't funny.

Your second list is trash

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Veep show runner is Armando Ianucci, co creator of the aforementioned Alan Partridge. It's also a semi remake of In The Thick of It, so you can cross that one off, lol

Forgot about Silicon Valley and VP (I love Danny McBride)

Curb is ok, never hooked me enough to watch all of them

Flight of the Bogboards is written by two blokes from New Zealand and isn't funny.

Your second list is trash

They’re American shows, but ok. I guess the Daily Show is now South African because of Trevor Noah? Anyway, still off the top of my head to replace what you disqualified:

South Park
Married with Children

Seinfeld and Always Sunny are “trash”? Haha. Let me know when you want me to start working my way up from I Love Lucy.

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
They’re American shows, but ok. I guess the Daily Show is now South African because of Trevor Noah? .

Lol is trying to debate TV but doesn't understand the concept of a showrunner/creator nor what remaking a show by using the same concept but in a different setting entails

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Lol is trying to debate TV but doesn't understand the concept of a showrunner/creator nor what remaking a show by using the same concept but in a different setting entails

I'm sorry it sucks to suck bro, but it's time for the UK to come to terms with the fact that if life was a game of Civ, America would've won a cultural victory several decades ago. Along with all the other types of victories.

I've got 100 other shows to list if you have any other british ones. Otherwise let's talk about WoW.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I'm sorry it sucks to suck bro, but it's time for the UK to come to terms with the fact that if life was a game of Civ, America would've won a cultural victory several decades ago. Along with all the other types of victories.

I've got 100 other shows to list if you have any other british ones. Otherwise let's talk about WoW.

Black Mirror: British or American?

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Ossoi Ossoi After a quick wiki scan it looks like it's British, unless the Netflix version is an American remake and not just a continuation of the show or something. I didn't know if you were asking me what I would count it as or which version I preferred or what.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Ossoi Ossoi After a quick wiki scan it looks like it's British, unless the Netflix version is an American remake and not just a continuation of the show or something. I didn't know if you were asking me what I would count it as or which version I preferred or what.

It's a show created and written by a Brit (Charlie Brooker), it started on a UK channel and was then purchased by Netflix.

Veep was also created by a Brit (Armando Ianuccui), as an adaptation of "In the Thick of It". Ianucci is British, his production company behind Veep is British -

Mr Ianucci said: “We had to come up with a company name and a logo at the end of the Veep credits. So I called our company Dundee and the logo is a massive futuristic cityscape with the word Dundee across it. Dundee has a role in hit US comedy show Veep - Evening Telegraph

One of the Director's of the production company is Steve Coogan, actor behind the aforementioned Alan Partridge. DUNDEE PRODUCTIONS LTD - Officers (free information from Companies House)

So you can't claim Veep as an American show, not when it started as a British show, was created by a Brit and adapted for the US setting by a Brit, who owns the production company behind it.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
They’re American shows

Flight of the Conchords are a New Zealand comedy duo composed of musicians Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement. The duo's comedy and music became the basis of a BBC radio series and then an American television series that aired for two seasons on HBO

Do you know anything about the shows you claim to watch?

Do you know anything about the entertainment industry and how things get commissioned?

Evidently not