Retro Game of the Month Nomination Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Szlia

PS2 God Hand... if no one has the game and it's non trivial to get it on emulation..... NES Metal Gear.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was gonna nominate Actraiser until I noticed the November game was Soul Blazer, so instead I'll nominate Illusion of Gaia, which would provide the option to complete the Soul Blazer trilogy during a later month with Terranigma.

Good chance a lot of people here never even got the chance to play Terranigma, it did get an English release but not a North American one.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
EverQuest was a joke nomination (even tho it might be fun to roll up a bunch of naked level 1s with everyone on P99 or TAKP or something :))

real nomination: Skyblazer quick little SNES platformer with a fun progression of learning new abilities. can probably beat it in a day or so, but pretty fun while it lasts.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

WildArms - but maybe not right after another RPG, so next month if not this month, but we can let the votes decide

Therage

Vyemm Raider
How about demons crest on snes. Like a 4-5 hour game with hidden stuffs. Etc

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I'll go ahead and nominate Dino City again so we can open the poll.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Nominations are closed for January's RGOTM. You can vote for your choices here.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Now accepting nominations for February's Retro Game of the Month.

1 nomination per person, first 10 will become part of the poll.

Siliconemelons

Lunar The Silver Star Story - its 21+ in japan release, and more if you count OG Silver Star.

if no dice on age, Wild Arms 1 PSX is of age... again if dubious

Faxanadu

• 1Like

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thunder Force IV for genesis. One of the best looking genesis games and easily the richest and most complex soundtrack ever created for it. The amount of bangers on this game is astounding and I don't think it ever saw a major US release only EU.

Last edited:

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Jurassic Park, SNES (the top-down and Wolfenstein 3D style one)

This is a great non-rpg that is fucking massive and would take a full month to play if you didn't use much help on it. Really fun, underrated game imo.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Secret of Mana SNES. Never played this back in the day, I always heard the mags of the time saying it was awesome.

R-Type.

Metal Gear Solid 1

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Jurassic Park, SNES (the top-down and Wolfenstein 3D style one)

This is a great non-rpg that is fucking massive and would take a full month to play if you didn't use much help on it. Really fun, underrated game imo.

You jump ONCE in the "top down" map and its not visually indicative... you do not know how long my bro and I went over every damn inch of the map before we accidentally jumped over to a new area and then were able to complete the game.

It is quite fun, and even the FPS part is fun.