Return of Reckoning - Warhammer Online Private Server

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
No idea, I haven't researched any of the changes they've done or will do. I just got the itch to play the game again because it was pretty damn fun pre-maxlevel.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had actually decided to make a Warrior Priest but if there's an over abundance of them I'll probably end up making something else.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
this should have been the MMO of the month club, this month id totally play this again, star wars not so much.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
How's the server/net code in this EMU? Is it as shitty as Mythic's?
It's pretty rough around the edges. But I haven't been noticing high ping while playing on the EU server. No idea how that will translate to RVR stuff but I doubt there's even that many people on the server for it to matter.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
How much playtime would it take for me to be that one class with the lion that lets me punt Wakandanhs across the PvP map into lava? What about play time to be the magus that knock backs people?

Hands down the funniest time I have had with PvP was with that lava level and the spawns being up on the ledge.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
How much playtime would it take for me to be that one class with the lion that lets me punt Wakandanhs across the PvP map into lava? What about play time to be the magus that knock backs people?

Hands down the funniest time I have had with PvP was with that lava level and the spawns being up on the ledge.
A very long time since T1 is only up right now and that lava pvp map isn't in the game yet :p

But yeah I agree, I was an Archmage with an AOE knockback that I used to plant mother fuckers in the lava all the time.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
A very long time since T1 is only up right now and that lava pvp map isn't in the game yet :p

But yeah I agree, I was an Archmage with an AOE knockback that I used to plant mother fuckers in the lava all the time.
Ironbreakers get several knockbacks as well.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Ironbreakers get several knockbacks as well.
Ironbreakers were hilariously OP on that lava level. Oh the tears on the forums.

Can I get suspended in this one too if I /yell in yellow text like the GMs on live? /cackle.

/yelled 'I'm not a GM, but if I was I'd be disappointed in you guys'
//Then banned for 3 days. Fun times

Despite the bugs and balance issues, this was probably my 3rd favorite MMOG ever behind WoW and EQ. I was a Warrior Priest in a guild called Ruin on Dark Crag open RVR server. Ruin is basically a PRX-like mega guild:RUIN GAMING

Looking back Warhammer had lot going for it

- cool classes and art design
- one of the first games to have public events, and they were pretty fun
- the BGs were more fun and varied than WoW (at least at the time)
- leveling from 1-max solely via PVP was quite viable

The bad though:

- connection stability (mythic seconds, ghost horses, etc.) and sub-par graphics performance
- there were some major Order vs. Chaos balance issues that were never resolved (e.g. Bright Wizards and Warrior Priest were just BETTER)
- the AOE Pulls that Magus and Engineer had absolutely destroyed higher level BGs and were candidates for the most OP abilities in all MMOG history

If the game had WoW's client performance and a better balance team it would probably still be online today.
frown.png
frown.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
This private server is basically just T1 RVR madness and Scenarios.

It's actually pretty fun, like playing twinks in WoW.

I've been running around on my White lion with my Runepriest buddy spam healing me.