Return of Reckoning - Warhammer Online Private Server

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Tor Anroc for life! I really enjoyed a lot of Warhammer Online but I will never forgive the devs for the crapfest of CC that they implemented in that game. You'd have thought that they would have learned something from DAoC / Stungard and from the fact that all of us in closed beta were screaming that CC was all screwed up but nope!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nuttin_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_133365.jpg

T4 opened yesterday!

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
We're having fun, give it a try. I've had a rare crash but no moreso than the original. Pop is 900+ during prime times.It makes me think this game was fine and just needed an official relaunch.

They put in a .unlock command if you get stuck in combat
Yeah indeed. This is the era of Warhammer again anyway, 1 hack n slash, 1 RTS, 1 fps, and total warhammer. (and a shitty online fake mmo)
I wish someone buy the rights for this WAR online and do something more official. I won't mind pay 5$/month to play it. Or even better a new mmorpg but it won't happen anytime soon.

Warhammer "souls" game plz.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Try Dawn of War with Ultimate Apocalypse mod if you haven't yet. Steam sale with all xpacs for 10 beans only.

And yeah if T4, forts and city raiding is in wow they work fast.

• 1Like

Nuttin_sl

shitlord
Try Dawn of War with Ultimate Apocalypse mod if you haven't yet. Steam sale with all xpacs for 10 beans only.

And yeah if T4, forts and city raiding is in wow they work fast.
City raiding is still upcomming, the why's and how come, is explained at their website.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Been helping this project out in my off-hours. They're really chill folks and the game is incredibly fun to play.

Here's a list of things that have been done recently:

A complete rework of the RvR system. There are only two 'tiers' of content - T1 (1-15) and T4 (16-40), explained fully here and somewhat below:
ORvR rework+ DOOMSDAY : All the truth - Return of Reckoning

- Removal of Battlefield Objective guards / Resource Delivery system. They've been replaced with a proximity battlefield objective system which generates resources for keeps to rank them up. Up to 6 players can sit on a Battlefield Objective.
- Number of open pairings will now scale with population.
- Zone pairings start out in T2, move to T3 when captured and then start a tug of war for zone control/pairing lock in T4.
- Lock conditions no longer use VP. For zones to lock, the lock happen in one of two ways: take both keeps, and 3 Battlefield Objectives, or rank up your keep to 5 and control all 4 Battlefield Objectives.
- Loot is no longer shared between the entire realm on a zone lock - rolls are now personal and are based on a number of factors. You get a personal bag roll if you are above the average contribution for the zone, and a loot bag is always guaranteed. Against All Odds (the experience bonus for playing the underdog faction) affects the roll and both attackers and defenders get a bag roll. This is an incentive to chase Against All Odds zones. For every failed roll in the personal loot system, you get a bonus to a bag of the type you failed to obtain that persists on your character until you win a bag.
- Dodge/Disrupt/Parry (the 'avoidance' stats) were reworked to more accurately resemble the live. This means that defensive builds are an option again, and class roles are more defined.
- Precalculated DoTs no longer exist. They are calculated on tick time and recalculated on subsequent ticks for damage values.
- Support was added for tooltips of abilities' damage to match the client values with 99% accuracy. We expect to be pushing the 'real, displayed' values over time to the server. These are currently not implemented except on the server side of things, but it's worth a mention as this does significantly change some values.
- NPC aggro is implemented for an upcoming release of Return of Reckoning's first dungeon.
- Plethora of QOL bugfixes. This includes features such as:
  • PQ stages now accurately reflect the faction you are doing them for. For example, order PQs will show the title of the PQ instead of the words "Destruction".
  • PQ objectives will now update individually - as opposed to using the first index of the list of objectives always. This allows PQs with multiple objectives to update correctly on the client.
  • Ability Visual FX fixes.
  • NPC visual fixes.
  • Knockdowns/Roots/Stuns preventing turning while disabled.
  • Guards in keep lord rooms should reset a bit more reliably now. Beware dragging them outside of the keep lord's room, for they will surely reset.
  • Guards in keeps are now subject to a line of sight check. Hiding around the walls of a keep will result in not aggroing the guards or keep lord.
  • Autoattack haste is now displayed as a percentage and applies to the paperdoll character window.
  • Panic! now properly removes morale as you are running for your life.
  • No casting while in the air.
  • Out of bounds / stuck character fixes.
  • The randomization function for PQs that can award multiple random items (such as Conqueror gear) will now always return one of the items in the list of items truly randomly, and fixed a logic error that could result in the bags being empty.
  • Players who go offline or use a flight master while participating in a public quest will no longer be eligible for a reward from that public quest. This does not apply to RvR.
- The following Renown tactics have been disabled for balance purposes:
  • Cleansing Wind - "removes all debuffs"
  • Resolute Defense - "anti-CC" for 30s
  • Trivial Blows - "reduces incoming crit damage"
  • Last Stand - "makes you unkillable for 15s after death"

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Even more goodies. Server is still thriving with over 1000 online in peak hours.

We even found a way to optimize the game client without having the source code. Large-scale fights are no longer a laggy shitfest.

[New .exe]
Thanks to Secrets we have a new exe file for war that lifts the limit of RAM and also some other optimizations. Feel free to use it but we recommend you save the old exe somewhere if you should experience any issues (this should not be used if you have less then 6GB of RAM in your system).

Just replace your old exe in the main game folder.

[RvR]

Hargrim
- Keep Lords will now announce who is his current target. Let the salt wars begin.

[Groups]

Secrets
- Groups have been rewritten from scratch to provide an interface for updating them across regions. We identified the group crash, how it was happening, and have a way for most cases to prevent it crashing the entire warband or group. While we do have a killswitch for cross-zone groups, the group crash should no longer occur as frequently, if at all, across zones and should never affect more than one person.

- It is no longer possible to perform group actions that require you to be a group leader if you are not the group leader. This includes making someone else the leader, kicking someone, etc.

- Groups now update every 100ms across all regions. Please report any anomalies as a result of this functionality on the bugtracker, though in general it should be better.

- Fix for the scenario handler getting stuck for about 5 minutes (which means it makes no new scenarios while that group is queued) when only one premade group is queueing.

-It is now possible to create a one-person party for others to join by clicking on the 'Make your party open" UI interface and relevant slash commands.

[Abilities]

Natherul
- Added a new system to work with VFX

Torquemadra
- Removed offensive requirements for Dok/WP aoe detaunt tactics Intimidating Repent and Terrifying Aura (Thanks for help Natherul) This means you can spec these tactics and receive benefit from them regardless of weapon configuration.
- Restructured Swift Movements in database to prevent a rare failing and to line up tooltip CD accurately.
- Increased Heal effect of tactics Sanctified Bullets and Kiss of Doom from 100% to 150%.
- Reworked Leonine Frenzy - It can no longer crit on the damage procs but will now add strikethrough, armour penetration and a speed increase to the pet. Visual effect also added.
- Tactic - Stalker - No longer adds wounds to the pet Lion, replaced with 15% critical rate for pet Lion.
- Points in the Guardian tree no longer add a wounds multiplier to the White Lion Pet.
- Added all important remote when summoning dwarven mounts.

[PvE]

Hargrim
- NPCs can now use softcaps on stats, so will not be granted immense strike through values. Stats above soft cap are converted into Power of correct type. This change will also affect defense values of NPCs.
- NPCs can now call character names when directing attacks against them.

[Dungeons]

Hargrim
- All scripting for Gunbad, the new dungeon, is ready.

[Public Quests]

Hargrim
- It is now possible to win gold or purple bag doing easy Public Quests

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

MaseK

Molten Core Raider
I've been playing here the last month or so and did a double-take when I saw your name associated with the .exe changes today, Secrets. Good job!

Server has a great EU population (1000+ online right now) but could use more NA players. Dev/Mods are active, professional, and don't shy away from changing game mechanics to help game play.

I'm Mase on Order side if anyone is starting out and wants some help / needs talismans

Return of Reckoning - Index

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I installed out of nostalgia. Got to L15 and called it quits. Didn't age well for me and without the dedicated group of people I played with prior it's hard to justify grinding it up again.

It is practically perfect though from what I came across. Not a single bug or crash the entire time. If you've got nothing else to play and enjoyed it the first go it's worth checking out.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Even more goodies. Server is still thriving with over 1000 online in peak hours.

We even found a way to optimize the game client without having the source code. Large-scale fights are no longer a laggy shitfest.

You done good. Many praises.

This is a great community too btw.

I'll roll up again whenever land of the dead and/or city raids are announced.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Wasn't Land of the Dead that horrid PvE expansion, where you worked your ass off just for temporary buffs? I remember not being impressed with it much.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed the raid, especially when people realized invading was dumb and stopped it. It had a ton of bugs but some nifty encounters.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
First Dungeon is OPEN - Gunbad. It's a re-tuned version of the 30ish Dungeon for max level characters.

An event was hosted for the opening of the dungeon:

• 1Like

Nuttin

Silver Squire
Looks that it was a fun event, I was away with my coworkers on a seminar out of town, otherwise I would have attended and slaughtered them evil orders.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Wasn't Land of the Dead that horrid PvE expansion, where you worked your ass off just for temporary buffs? I remember not being impressed with it much.

It had really OP trinket sets for starters.

Hope they get it going on RoR one day after city raids.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Why couldn't anyone copy public quests from this game properly? That was like the best shit.

• 1Like