Return of Reckoning - Warhammer Online Private Server

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Been playing here a bit on Order since they seem to be outnumbered most of the time. Pretty fun once you get past some of the general clunkiness that goes with an older game. Playing WP right now, hit me up in game on Flobee if you're playing. Would prolly swap to destro is forum pals were still around

Last edited:

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Been playing here a bit on Order since they seem to be outnumbered most of the time. Pretty fun once you get past some of the general clunkiness that goes with an older game. Playing WP right now, hit me up in game on Flobee if you're playing. Would prolly swap to destro is forum pals were still around

Just reading this thread is giving me nostalgic flashbacks. Good and bad. Do warrior priests still have that auto-cleanse with their AE heals? I loved how a lot of the order 'mirror' classes were just straight up better.

Does this version use 'Mythic Seconds' too for GCD stuff? :p

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Just reading this thread is giving me nostalgic flashbacks. Good and bad. Do warrior priests still have that auto-cleanse with their AE heals? I loved how a lot of the order 'mirror' classes were just straight up better.

Yes wp get the group cleanse, and sort of - GCD seems better than live. I'd say the server tech is better than live in some ways. Max range is a bit screwy on larger hitbox NPCs for example, but cooldowns work more reliably.

Would prolly swap to destro is forum pals were still around

Main is on Order right now, same as my forum name. I play a WL. More forumbros are always welcome on this server.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Everyone says this but then there are DK's who solo full raids so... The Sorcerer backloaded damage was intense. If your healer didn't stop what they were doing to cleanse you, you were toast.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I tried fucking with this. But after using every single email, personal or business that I had access too.. I finally get one to work. And what happens then? The f'n game crashes due to authentication everytime I log in. I dont have the patience for this shit at this time. Maybe when I dont have to break into fort knox, Ill give it another try.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I tried fucking with this. But after using every single email, personal or business that I had access too.. I finally get one to work. And what happens then? The f'n game crashes due to authentication everytime I log in. I dont have the patience for this shit at this time. Maybe when I dont have to break into fort knox, Ill give it another try.

I thought to try this shit out since I haven't played a MMORPG in years and felt like checking out something free.

I was getting the authentication crash too. I read a bunch about it on the forum...apparently if you have this problem, you have to use a VPN to connect. No fucking idea why. So I fired up my VPN and sure enough it connects fine every time. I don't get what causes that (nothing is blocked on my end) but it's the fix.

You can even use a free one...turn it on to connect, get connected, then disconnect the VPN. It's a fucking drag I know, I hate extra effort for something I don't care about much.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Do the instanced battlegrounds work?

I remember leveling up in the lava one, those dorfs would knockdown then punt us into the lava. Made for a miserable pvp experience.

Then we turned the table on order, and at max level just used our magus to summon everyone on the order team into a small 1x1 area, stun and nuke them down in basically one GCD. So yeah the instances mostly sucked for everyone ;)

• 1Barf

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Do the instanced battlegrounds work?

I remember leveling up in the lava one, those dorfs would knockdown then punt us into the lava. Made for a miserable pvp experience.

Then we turned the table on order, and at max level just used our magus to summon everyone on the order team into a small 1x1 area, stun and nuke them down in basically one GCD. So yeah the instances mostly sucked for everyone ;)
Yea scenario's work fine. Game is like 95% functional when compared to live (at least the times that I played). Only major feature not working that I'm aware of is city battles.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Witch elf as an order mirror was brutal, so was marauder and black Ork.

It's just that much like the Horde in WoW you had this huge zerg of casual wannabe badasses that didn't even read tooltips then you had the godkings.

Best thing about this emulator is buffing the non viable specs up to a usable point. Lots of love given to 2h tanks. Going 2h on my sword master on live was total ass.

• 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Coming up on ten years later I am still sad that the Archmage trait Golden Gaze got removed and the overall AE power of their dps spec neutered.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I loved conflagration on bright wizard because fire fire fire, but that dot and rain stuff was so much better.