Rick and Morty

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
That one felt like an admission that the well is truly dry. So here, choke on some 4th wall breaking and a meta reference that you can barely remember. Also grandpa Rick engages in fisticuffs with the episode's villain, again.

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So Dan Harmon wanted to talk about writing and used an episode of a cartoon show as the medium with which to do so? I liked it more than the train episode and in general it had more bits I liked than I didn't like but I'm just never sure what we're doing with these.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I enjoyed it. The "do more adventures like Season 1" "WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?" part had me laughing. Morty pulling Twists grenade pin with his mouth and Twist going out of character to immediately just say "Fuck" also. The writing on this is still great. Even if the storylines are messing and uninteresting the individual characters are generally pretty great.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This episode started of fun, then it got really fucking serious. Almost up to Unity levels. I liked this episode, but it's not to 10.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This episode started of fun, then it got really fucking serious. Almost up to Unity levels. I liked this episode, but it's not to 10.

It's hard to serious it up when Rick comedically executed two villains a few minutes earlier. I liked half of the episode which is the baseline for me with the show these days.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There was a couple good laughs but nothing memorable. Felt like a knock off of Harmon's style

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Almost feels like two different episodes were cut up and spliced down for this one since Nimbus was only a cameo and the green lantern gag dragged on too long for a mere Jerry backdrop. He did show improvement by standing up for Summer and not wussing out from the fight, and Rick did feel empathy for the daughter and listened to Wong.

But then Morty sntiched after being confided in. What a dick, he is Jerry's kid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just watched ep 8 and the Halloween episode, which was actually kind of neat and creepy as fuck.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
...The pop-up pays us to stand here. To drive up business.
Knew it!
The AI sword was pretty cool.

I had small laughs a few times. The episode was okay, but hardly great. Even the after credits section was weak. Oh well, I'd give it a 40%. The idea was there, but it didn't pull it off.

Next week should be fun. Episode is titled Ricktional Mortpoon's Rickmas Mortcation.
It's the last episode of the season.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It wasn't great. But I still think episode 4 was worse. That's the one where sleeping versions of them take over and... fuck, it was stupid.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Huh, I enjoyed it. Rick progressed his character, honestly will be interesting to see what rick does when he gives a shit.

Well openly gives a shit, for better or worse his best moments have always been when he cares about something.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The B plot wasn't the family, it was random planet people that will never show up again. In an episode where Morty "had enough stamps" to do 1 free adventure and immediately regretted it.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I didn't get a chance to watch it last night, but I don't have work today so I'm digging in. Arb might not like it, but I'm enjoying it. Stupid light sabers. This was a very enjoyable episode. I'd say it's in the top 2 of the season. I really liked the stupid Fortune Cookie one, but this one was great also. I laughed quite a bit at the stupidity of it all.