Rick and Morty

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I've liked every episode but "Night Family" this season. Definitely better than last season so far
Really?
I thought night family was awesome... just the premise its all so petty and even in the end Rick still didn't budge with the dishes thing.
He would rather be wiped from existence than to have to rinse dishes after using them.

And just the general tone of the episode and you could read a lot into what the night family was doing.
Maybe Summer really does have a subconscious desire to rule, we have seen her being comfortable in that role before.
Maybe Rick has a subconscious desire to give up all his tech and just be a follower, not having to deal with it all.

I dunno, maybe I'm reading too much into it.
Either way, I liked the whole fight where they are swapping in and out of the night family too.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rick forging new dishes and still tacking thejab was definitely the highlights

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Rick forging new dishes and still tacking thejab was definitely the highlights
Ahah, going to all that trouble to forge 110% indestructible dishes and also printing it just that on the dishes.
The obvious retort to the suggestion that they should just rinse the dishes after using them.
I find that stuff really funny.

Homsar

I think there is a loss of continuity*. I think Rick being outsmarted or caring differently depending on the writers is what hurts the show most.

Rick being a God worked great, no reason to have him getting out smarted all the time now

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I think there is a loss of continuity*. I think Rick being outsmarted or caring differently depending on the writers is what hurts the show most.

Rick being a God worked great, no reason to have him getting out smarted all the time now
I think that could be somewhat intentional now that we know our Rick isn't the Rickest Rick.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I think they should go back to making this show every other year if this is the best they can do. I haven't been impressed with last season or this season overall. I think the writing is getting weaker, less nuanced, and just too over the top. I think they are doing too much of throwing shit against the wall and just going with anything that sticks, instead of doing some necessary rewrites on some of the episodes. Storyboard your ideas, and then make some refinements. The only episode in the past several seasons that I would say is a true masterpiece was the "Vat of Acid" episode, and that one was more by happenstance.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think they should go back to making this show every other year if this is the best they can do. I haven't been impressed with last season or this season overall. I think the writing is getting weaker, less nuanced, and just too over the top. I think they are doing too much of throwing shit against the wall and just going with anything that sticks, instead of doing some necessary rewrites on some of the episodes. Storyboard your ideas, and then make some refinements. The only episode in the past several seasons that I would say is a true masterpiece was the "Vat of Acid" episode, and that one was more by happenstance.
You heard it boys, the Etchazz Seal of Disapprovement:

This season is great!

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
All except Family Night. But this week already has my vote for Episode of the Season. But maybe they've got even better shit in store for us?

Homsar

All except Family Night. But this week already has my vote for Episode of the Season. But maybe they've got even better shit in store for us?
I gave up on the show last season, I don't think I watched 2 or 3 of the episodes still. This season has got me back to looking forward to Sundays somewhat

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Excluding Night Family, the entire season 6 is watchable and enjoyable. While it's not as extreme as Archer in picking a wild theme for each season and rolling with it definitely seems like they're trying out individual vs continuity storylines and trying to find what works.

velk

Trakanon Raider

ahahah, the shit people worry about.

Banging your clone probably doesn't count as incest anyway. Definitely not legally, absolutely not medically ( not like you are going to have deformed kids ), only question is morally.

I suspect people getting worked up about it realized that their answer would be 'yes' if the situation ever came up and are really uncomfortable with that 8)

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Banging your clone probably doesn't count as incest anyway. Definitely not legally, absolutely not medically ( not like you are going to have deformed kids ), only question is morally.
There's masturbating, then there's "masturbating."

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
New episode is out. Dinosaur takeover. I'm triggered because they keep making fun of Marvel movies. Yeah, we should round out Ant-Man a little more...

The happy singer is enjoyable (same one from the trailer). Fuck off and Die... nasaurs.

This wasn't a home run like last week, but it had a few decent parts. That said, it was on the lower end of the spectrum. Hardly Night Family, but not quite at Bethic Twinstinct level.

Last edited:

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It was another one of those episodes where nothing funny happens except for a few seconds at the end due how unexpectedly zany it was.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Overall, this season blows. People trying to convince themselves that it's better than it really is. Rose colored glasses. This season is on the same level as season 2 of the Wire in shittiness.

• 1Edgelord

Homsar

Pretty sure we say if an episode sucks and leave it at that. Roy episode was fucked up and awesome