Rick and Morty

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Vindicators was one of my favorite from this season, "Show me what you got/Get Schwifty" Interdimentional Cables 1-2 were probably my least favorites of the series

The episode gave us Noob Noob! I hope he's brought back next season. lol

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea, I liked the episode a lot personally. Probably #2 of the season for me. But apparently Harmon is no fan.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Yeah, finale was my least favorite of the entire series right next to "Get Schwifty". I mean, we already had a brainless action episode with Pickle Rick (which I really liked, actually).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Vindicators was one of my favorite from this season, "Show me what you got/Get Schwifty" Interdimentional Cables 1-2 were probably my least favorites of the series

But Get Schwifty was a jam!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I already mentioned the cable ones are my least favorite episodes. I think for Season 3 specifically Episode 2 still was the weakest, to me. It wasn't bad, it just didn't do much or have many great lines compared to the rest. I haven't watched the video but I could understand disliking Vindicators, Rick's mockery before the reveal is the best part and again the episode doesn't really do much besides have some good one liners (which is fine).

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Man.. hearing all this talk about it almost being a 14 episode season... just depressing me even more.. wooo eeee :(

Some small part of me hopes that they actually DID make all 14, and are holding 4 of them back to release in like 3-4 months to hold us over till the next season comes out. I know that's not how it really works, but it'd be such an awesome surprise for them to do something like that.

As for this episode, I liked it a lot, but it really didn't feel like a finale (cause it wasn't supposed to be, it seems). Would have been amazing to end on the Citadel. As someone else said, ABCs of Beth ep8, this one as ep9, Citadel as finale would have been optimal. That's another reason I was hoping they had those 4 episodes held back as a surprise. Maybe it's just one or two that they finished up after the deadline? Christmas special episode ala Dr. Who maybe??

I saw that video about Harmon hating Vindicators, and it's not that it's a 'bad' episode in that it's not funny.. just the plot was sloppy, in his opinion. He's a stickler for how the episode should progress, and it didn't follow the typical structure. While I can see where he's coming from, I think as long as it makes people laugh, it's at least 'good enough' regardless if it follows a correct progression.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You know, I really feel like they needed another episode that advanced that plot. We've essentially got this massive plot with the Council of Ricks, but we're getting 1 episode a season that actually moves that plot forward.

The rest of the episodes are all almost monster of the week type ones (or I guess adventure of the week in this case).

• 1Like

SeanDoe1z1

You could theroycraft US is becoming the new enemy as the Galactic Feds with their shoddy "rick" technology, but its a long stretch that holds no weight especially with one-season voice actors. Hoping they have another episode to troll out, end scene definitely felt like an "end".

Lol, we're done, all back to normal! /resetbutton

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rick only destroyed the Galactic Federation in a single universe, on the very next hop they'd be back. Whether that happened before the season finale or after doesn't really matter and unless cyborg bird person goes universe hopping it's just a huge cocktease because bird person is alive in the new universe?

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
You know, I really feel like they needed another episode that advanced that plot. We've essentially got this massive plot with the Council of Ricks, but we're getting 1 episode a season that actually moves that plot forward.

The rest of the episodes are all almost monster of the week type ones (or I guess adventure of the week in this case).
Character development is kind of the plot advancement of the show, more or less. Season 1 and 2 both had very little time spent on any overall arc, the "big" story bits happened because of random character stuff over the other episodes that seemed to have nothing particular to do with anything. We had a ton of character flux in this season, on top of the Citadel episode which was huge, so I feel like any given single episode could be a big story push at this point.

Not that I don't want more big-arc story and such, I just think it's fairly consistent with how the show has been progressing and I always love character-driven stories rather than plot-driven ones anyway so this is like my wet dream of writing.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You guys worry way too much about some overarching plot. The show's about being funny and creative/interesting sci-fi stories and I'd rather see a wide variety of that than a single story line

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You guys worry way too much about some overarching plot. The show's about being funny and creative/interesting sci-fi stories and I'd rather see a wide variety of that than a single story line
I was just getting at the fact that those are by far the most liked episodes by most people. And so the conclusion I'm taking from that is people like that plot line. I'd like to see more of it.

I do agree that it's an animated comedy. As long as I keep laughing, I'll watch.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Rewatching Season 3 now, and I think the Rick and Jerry episode was probably the worst.

• 1Like