Rick and Morty

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

The non-productives blowing up HR, and then creating college so they stay in the system forever?

Holy fuck LOL. Something tells me that Metoo shit really pissed Harmon off, that shit was hysterical.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Good finale and one of the better episodes this season. Lots of call backs and a big change to the family dynamic again for next season.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Except for Invisible Garbage Truck Jerry. It's a new Franchise.

Enjoyable episode. Phoenix Person (PP) can suck a dick with that screaming bullshit.

agripa

Molten Core Raider
It was a good finale, I heard next season they are going to release one episode per month.

• 1Barf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm getting to the point where I'm kinda ready for this show to be done. Sure, it has been great and the commentary excellent, but the time between seasons and now the whole "1 episode a month" thing? With the 100 episode deal they signed, this shit is going to take at least another decade to finish.

• 2Picard
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm getting to the point where I'm kinda ready for this show to be done. Sure, it has been great and the commentary excellent, but the time between seasons and now the whole "1 episode a month" thing? With the 100 episode deal they signed, this shit is going to take at least another decade to finish.

Fucking huh?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I also get upset when quality shows I love are contractually obligated to be produced for a long period of time. Please, Hollywood creators, end this show and replace it with a reality show about YouTube stars

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah given that I can’t say any of these 4 seasons so far has sucked, I don’t get the criticism.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah given that I can’t say any of these 4 seasons so far has sucked, I don’t get the criticism.
It's not a critique of the show. It's that I'm losing interest waiting 22 years for it to "finish". As great as Breaking Bad was, would we have watched it for 20 years? There's a reason why most of the greatest TV shows of all-time had relatively short runs. The Wire, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, etc. All were over within 6 seasons.

And while Rick & Morty are only 4 seasons in, it has been on the air since 2013. 7 years to finish 4 seasons and they're contractually obligated for at least 9 more seasons of content. Even at the same rate of production(which I doubt with the whole 1 episode a month thing), that's another 14-15 YEARS before wrapping up.

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
60 episodes left (it was a 70 episode deal), at one a month is five years.

Of course that was just Justin Roiland speculating so it doesn't mean anything.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
For Venture Bros. being as infrequent with new episodes as it is I still very much like the show and am still interested in where it is going.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's not a critique of the show. It's that I'm losing interest waiting 22 years for it to "finish". As great as Breaking Bad was, would we have watched it for 20 years? There's a reason why most of the greatest TV shows of all-time had relatively short runs. The Wire, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, etc. All were over within 6 seasons.

And while Rick & Morty are only 4 seasons in, it has been on the air since 2013. 7 years to finish 4 seasons and they're contractually obligated for at least 9 more seasons of content. Even at the same rate of production(which I doubt with the whole 1 episode a month thing), that's another 14-15 YEARS before wrapping up.

Something something it's about the journey not the destination something something.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Venture Bros. has 7 seasons and started airing in 2004. You're complaining they have a schedule like Westworld's but with actual quality and comedy.

• 2Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
60 episodes left (it was a 70 episode deal), at one a month is five years.

Of course that was just Justin Roiland speculating so it doesn't mean anything.
For some reason I was under the impression it was a 100 episode deal.

1 a month is just how frequently they'll air. That doesn't account for the hiatus they'd assuredly take between seasons. Unless the speculation is that at 1 a month, they could write continuously?

• 1Picard

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
For some reason I was under the impression it was a 100 episode deal.

1 a month is just how frequently they'll air. That doesn't account for the hiatus they'd assuredly take between seasons. Unless the speculation is that at 1 a month, they could write continuously?

The deal brought the show to a total of 100 episodes.

I'd rather just get 5 episodes every 6 months or something. 1 episode a month is dumb.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike