Rick and Morty

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
They don't need to wrap it up, they just need to be funny and original again. There are limitless ways you can take each episode because of all the infinite realities, but the story still needs to be interesting and funny.
I thought last season had some pretty fucking hilarious episodes. The toilet episode, dragons, and vat of acid probably all slipped into my Top 10-15. Vat of acid maybe even top 5.

The problem with this show is the same as it has always been - it takes WAY too fucking long for episodes to come out, they come out weekly, and they usually have a mid-season "break". It's fucking awful and they need to get the fuck off Cartoon Network.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
I found both seasons of Solar Opposites to be really entertaining. I’d rather get more of that. We’ll see what happens when these finally come out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I enjoyed last season, there were like 2 amazing episodes and the rest I enjoyed. I definitely didn't hate any of them. I think people think every episode should be better than the last with this or something and it's just unreasonable expectations.

The worst Rick and Morty episodes are still worth watching at LEAST once.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I found both seasons of Solar Opposites to be really entertaining. I’d rather get more of that. We’ll see what happens when these finally come out.
I enjoy The Wall stuff more than the main show. They know fans like it too since it seemed like The Wall got double the episode time this season.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought last season had some pretty fucking hilarious episodes. The toilet episode, dragons, and vat of acid probably all slipped into my Top 10-15. Vat of acid maybe even top 5.

The problem with this show is the same as it has always been - it takes WAY too fucking long for episodes to come out, they come out weekly, and they usually have a mid-season "break". It's fucking awful and they need to get the fuck off Cartoon Network.
Weird, because the dragons episode is one of my least favorite. But I also find interdimensional cable to be retarded. Probably something related there where I just don't find much humor in completely ridiculous shit for the sake of being ridiculous.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The dragons episode was meh. I've rewatched the last season and some episodes grew on me. Like the snake one. Vat of Acid is an instant classic though. Top tier Rick & Morty.

I've never heard of Solar Opposites. Sounds like something to add to my watchlist.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Weird, because the dragons episode is one of my least favorite. But I also find interdimensional cable to be retarded. Probably something related there where I just don't find much humor in completely ridiculous shit for the sake of being ridiculous.
Dragons was great for me because I really enjoy dick and fart humor. Highbrow stuff just isn't as funny to me, because most of it comes off snobbish.

There were definitely some shitty episodes last season (I thought snakes episode was pretty dumb), but I think the season as a whole got shit on unnecessarily. It calls back to my belief that "time" is the largest issue with this show. Because of the release schedule, it allows for intense scrutiny of seasons, episodes, etc. Whereas most other shows of this kind are allowed to escape most of that, because a quick release schedule allows for more of those "meh" episodes to blend in. Especially in the age where many shows' seasons are released all at once. People have an entire week to perform a full psychoanalysis on each episode of R&M.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Garbage

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I realized there was no wording that makes it look like they are breaking up the season this time either.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider

Dude, I'll give you the Vat of Acid as a top 5 all time episode, but the dragon episode, "Claw and Hoarder" was by far the worst episode they ever made. It made zero sense, and just went from bad to worse. The alien cat didn't serve any purpose whatsoever, either. What a waste of a guest voice appearance by Matthew Broderick. There are a few Rick and Morty episodes that I just cannot watch. Get Schwifty is one, the final episode of season 2 with the President, and the dragon episode all go in the will never watch again pile. I don't think season 4 was as bad as some other people do. "Edge of Tomorty: Rick Die Rickpeat" was a solid premier, "The Old Man and the Seat" has some funny moments, "Rattlestar Ricklactica" was pretty good, and I also liked "Never Ricking Morty" with the train, so there was 1 great episode, and 4 pretty good episodes. That's batting 500. I'll take that. I still think the last season wasn't on par with the first 3, but it wasn't terrible either.

• 1Salty

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Dude, I'll give you the Vat of Acid as a top 5 all time episode, but the dragon episode, "Claw and Hoarder" was by far the worst episode they ever made. It made zero sense, and just went from bad to worse. The alien cat didn't serve any purpose whatsoever, either. What a waste of a guest voice appearance by Matthew Broderick. There are a few Rick and Morty episodes that I just cannot watch. Get Schwifty is one, the final episode of season 2 with the President, and the dragon episode all go in the will never watch again pile. I don't think season 4 was as bad as some other people do. "Edge of Tomorty: Rick Die Rickpeat" was a solid premier, "The Old Man and the Seat" has some funny moments, "Rattlestar Ricklactica" was pretty good, and I also liked "Never Ricking Morty" with the train, so there was 1 great episode, and 4 pretty good episodes. That's batting 500. I'll take that. I still think the last season wasn't on par with the first 3, but it wasn't terrible either.
See, I love the Get Schwifty episode too - but like I said, dick and fart humor is right in my wheelhouse.

Claw and Hoarder cracked me the fuck up. "We like it down here because we can fuck wooly mammoths!". The penis staff, the 10 slut dragon orgy, when the wizard is whipping the shit out of the dragon calling her a slut? All of that shit had me rolling. I don't know why I love that style of humor, but I do. I also thought they did a pretty funny take on "slut shaming". We're going to have to agree to disagree.

I will agree that season 4 taken as a whole was probably not as good as seasons 1-3, but people forget that those seasons have some dogshit episodes too. In fact, I might even rank season 4 over 3 simply because of how awesome Vat of Acid is. I think people are wrong on how "bad" season 4 is.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This new animation ran in front of the marathon last night:

• 2Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
This new animation ran in front of the marathon last night:

I can't tell... is that announcing a new shooter or just a random (official?) animation?

• 1Garbage

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That was... unique? No idea really what I was watching, as it didn't really relate to the show at all. But at the same time, there were a few references that I was familiar with, at least on a visual basis. Plus, way too fucking long.

I think they were bored and just playing around making random shit.

• 1Garbage